Mikel Arteta: Mid-table Mikel

Should Mikel Be Criticised For Giving Willian £200k a week?

• Yes

• No

• Mikel Knows Best and He 👏 Doesn't 👏 Owe 👏 You 👏 An 👏 Explanation

Results are only viewable after voting.

yousif_arsenal

King of Twitter Rumours
I'm sorry but this just pisses me off he talks these big talks and he come fresh from picking up cones.

First of all mate if the club was serious we wouldn't have flipping hired you
and secondly we've never been this low in the table and started throwing games as early as February UNTIL YOU MIKEL FFS.
You going again against manager and clearly ignoring the fact that players he was picking was seriously underperforming. He took a while to make change but let's not go quick and blame manager because 75% of result are on players.

yousif_arsenal

King of Twitter Rumours
Results will improve if Arteta be more ruthless on pitch because we'll know the truth colors of these players we'll know who happy being mediocre and who is willing to give all every game like "Pepe" for example.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
The worst are the Chelsea fans "We got 5 more points the following season winning more matches/points than your invincibles". You can tell their single loss that season at what was back then Eastlands against a City side with such luminaries as Antoine Sibierski, Paul Bosvelt & Sun Jihai stung more than they'd care to admit :lol:

I'm super late to this conversation cause I was looking for posts talking about Mikel and Barcelona but saw this and I'm going to jump in.

Who actually cares how many points you get to win the league? Do you get two league titles for getting 100 points or something?

Opposition fans only downplay the invincible because of how hard it is to do. Ferguson never did it, Mourinho never did it, Saint Pep has never done it.

Meanwhile, how many charlatans have fluked a Champions League?

mirrorstare

Nothing surprising on that last couple of tweets, just discouraging for the club in general.

Arteta feeling confident of staying 9 years here despite his performance is just another sign of his job security. He's Kroenke's holy grail after all.

The line about needing to add a lot of quality reveals he thinks just like Pep, and we will need billions to get a team "worthy" of Arteta. Billions we won't invest of course, but also the sign of a nothing coach.

It makes me think that all we're doing is developing Manchester City's next manager. A small club move, but fitting with the way we're behaving this season.

Alexs

Yeah, Arteta will follow many players before him: learn his trade, develop and get really good here, then go to City or Barcelona just when we least want him to. And then flop.

Blood on the Tracks

Nothing surprising on that last couple of tweets, just discouraging for the club in general.

Arteta feeling confident of staying 9 years here despite his performance is just another sign of his job security. He's Kroenke's holy grail after all.

The line about needing to add a lot of quality reveals he thinks just like Pep, and we will need billions to get a team "worthy" of Arteta. Billions we won't invest of course, but also the sign of a nothing coach.

It makes me think that all we're doing is developing Manchester City's next manager. A small club move, but fitting with the way we're behaving this season.

Arteta never said he was confident of staying here for 10 years.

He basically said in an ideal world if things are going well at a club, on and off the pitch, why would he want to leave a job. Any manager would say the same.

So Arteta's going to be here for 10 years? But we're also just developing him for Man City? Doesn't make sense.

CaseUteinberger

Cazorla (not Cazorla ffs)
Am shocked to discover that our manager and former club captain, who has always been praised for his man-management skills and has managed to keep squad morale high despite some awful form, might have known more about the problem-characters in our squad than some dweebs on the internet who are only ever looking to criticise.
The Özil blow hards on AM have gone awfully silent on their little prince. Think he is injured now... Guess they can blame that on Arteta too?

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Arteta has high standards, great stuff from the boss...keep this **** squad on its toes at all times!

Keep that **** in the dressing room. You never call out your entire squad and you should rarely call out individual players unless you have the medals and charm to back it up.

How many times did Wenger come out and back his boys to the hilt? Or Ferguson?

I remember when Ferguson came out crying (literally) about how important Rooney was to Man Utd all the while trying to ship him off to Chelsea because he saw the decline coming

Wenger never bashed Giroud in public and spent every single transfer window since the Frenchman arrived, trying to replace him.

CaseUteinberger

Cazorla (not Cazorla ffs)
Keep that **** in the dressing room. You never call out your entire squad and you should rarely call out individual players unless you have the medals and charm to back it up.

How many times did Wenger come out and back his boys to the hilt? Or Ferguson?

I remember when Ferguson came out crying (literally) about how important Rooney was to Man Utd all the while trying to ship him off to Chelsea because he saw the decline coming

Wenger never bashed Giroud in public and spent every single transfer window since the Frenchman arrived, trying to replace him.
If you actually read the whole quote it is totally legitimate what he says. Think the players understand that as they team improves, as it needs to improve, it will be harder to keep a spot for them. I personally think it is good that he comes out and lights a fire under the behinds of our players. One of our problems was that we had become fine with players coasting and that culture simply had to stop. Changing that will never be pain free and the squad is going through that pain right now. From where I am sitting it seems like the squad is bought in to what Arteta is trying to do. So statement is totally fine.

Latest posts

Match Prediction

• Arsenal Win

Votes: 36 87.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Fulham Win

Votes: 2 4.9%