• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Tbh there has been a clear improvement in the play. We bombarded their goal yesterday and a mixture of luck and **** officiating kept the ball out of their net. I can live with that. Couldn’t live with our Nov - December performances but Arteta looks to have sorted it out.

Arteta needs to realise a mobile midfielder who can play comfortably off both feet and wriggle out of pressure is a priority. Whether Buendia can play deeper I dunno but someone like him is a must in the off season. He will not got it this easy again next season in terms of fan pressure.
Bombarded their goal? We had 3 shots on target and they had 5. They also missed a one on one which could have made it worse. We have improved from our November level though which was the worst in over 25 years. Glad Arteta made improvements from the guy who took us there....oh wait it was him lol

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
You are of course all entitled to vent your frustrations with the boss and everyone’s feelings are valid.

But I think at least on some level we all understand that this season is a write off, the world is a write off and the odds are Arteta is very likely to get another full season at the helm after this one.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
:lol: You're comparing Arteta to fergie?
We both know Arteta won't be sacked regardless of where we finish this season. Don't know why you're crying about the fans. No one has a God given right to be at the top of the table. But based on the players we have,we should be around the top six at minimum.

So if Arteta relegates us, you'll be saying "We have no god-given right to stay up' :lol:

I want him sacked for the record but even I have resigned myself to the fact that that isn't happening any time soon. He has the safest job in the league. Ancelotti has more pressure to win than Arteta. Let that sink in.

I'm not comparing Arteta to Fergie as a manager, that would be ridiculous. Just highlighting how fan patience has decreased dramatically over the past 30 years or so.

What I'm saying is, we deserve to be 10th, there's no point crying about it. It's on the manager and the players. If Arteta can't dramatically improve our results next season he deserves to be sacked. 2.5 years is enough time. I don't think that's an unreasonable position.

Well, you don't appoint a novice manager if you're not willing to give him more time than most managers, so yeah he is going to get preferential treatment at least in the short term, compared to someone like Emery for example. There's no mystery to it.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

He gets this summer to complete HIS squad, if he fails to get top 4 he needs to go. The alternative is to accept we will be mid table for a few years and play sh1t football.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He gets this summer to complete HIS squad, if he fails to get top 4 he needs to go. The alternative is to accept we will be mid table for a few years and play sh1t football.
Not for me Jeff. This is the institution of Arsenal de Futbol Club. 10th place is an utter disgrace, I resigned on FM for finishing 6th a few years back. My standards are clearly higher than the Spanish Kevin Nolan.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I heard that you're settled down
That you found a club and you're coaching now
I heard that your dreams came true
Guess Roman gave you things, I didn't give to you
Old friend, why are you so tactically brilliant?
Ain't like you to hold back or hide from the light

Never mind, I'll find someone like you
I wish nothing but the best for you, too

1615111228574.png

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Not for me Jeff. This is the institution of Arsenal de Futbol Club. 10th place is an utter disgrace, I resigned on FM for finishing 6th a few years back. My standards are clearly higher than the Spanish Kevin Nolan.

Christ, are my eyes deceiving me? My best forum friend is posting.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Thursday will tell us all we need to know. The league is practically gone. His Arsenal career would be hanging in the balance if there was a crowd. So it comes down to whether he can actually show progress in Europe.

When the chips are down who does he trust?

If he puts his trust in Willian then it tells us everything about this manager. Speak about culture all you want. It will always be about him and not the club.

We need to win. We need to create. Pepe has to start. If he doesn't, it says it all.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It won’t be his squad bro. Emery era bought Luiz, Pepe, Tierney, Martinelli, Mari,Saliba, Leno etc, Wenger era - Auba, Xhaka, Laca, Bellerin and brought Saka, ESR through. Even if he didn’t want any of them he’s stuck with most regardless. He’d have to be here at least 5 years to say it’s truly his squad. The best he can do is get rid of the ones he likes the least, like most managers.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

Wee man is now trusted I see? I don’t just hand the keys to anyone when I’m away.
Lovely stuff.

Yeah quite a bits kicked off since you been gone. Got made trusted and a handful of posters left for a few weeks/month out of frustration at me. I also paid for a new forum for everyone.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
You are of course all entitled to vent your frustrations with the boss and everyone’s feelings are valid.

But I think at least on some level we all understand that this season is a write off, the world is a write off and the odds are Arteta is very likely to get another full season at the helm after this one.

The season isn't a write off for man City. It isn't a write of for Leciester. Or United. Or Chelsea. Or Villa. Or West Ham. Or Liverpool who have something to play for to ensure they don't sink like us.

Its only a write of for us because we are 10th and not improving and instead of blaming the person who would get the blame 99% of the time some fans are clutching for excuses.

Corona Virus, he hasn't got every single player he wants, etc etc. All the other teams above have had the same problem.

What he has shown is he can not get results. Consisitent results.

Chelsea were on the slip and Tuchel changed system, changed starting 11 to get the best out of his system and what happens? They get results.

There is 0 excuse for Arsenal football club to be 10th. The only excuse is poor performances, poor results and making mistakes. And ultimately that falls on one man. The manager.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Not sure that's a question at all. It's a fact. No manager or team of any sort can operate well under that duress.
Think this “the fans are to blame” storyline is a bit bonkers, especially coming from you, given how you bang on about squad cost. Of all the variables involved in how a team performs I think fans’ behavior and attitude rank very low. Honestly think this is confusing cause and effect. It is team performance that drives fan behavior and attitude and not the other way around as this silly storyline seems to imply.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
:lol::lol::lol::lol: Un f***ing believable! People will be blaming Arsène in two years even when there's not even the tiniest molecule of his DNA left in the pen drawer of his desk.
I try to convince myself that you are not as dumb as it seems at first, so will still give it a go and try to explain it, but you probably won't understand what the problem was anyway....
The guy left the club with an enormous wage bill, an old squad, and basically zero top quality players within that squad. Overpaid for literally every contract he signed, average players were on dream contracts end we ended up paying them for years without having any chance to sell them.
1.) Özil, Mustafi, Kolasinac, Elneny, Bellerin - just a few contracts that we couldn't get rid of and were/still are paying for them long after he left.
2.) Ageing squad with Koscienly, Monreal, Cech (who was leaving) - basically our complete defence
3.) Weird investments in 2 CF's who to this day didn't prove they could play together even though we've paid over 120M for them
4.) There was not a single upcoming young player at the club we could've built around, only later Emery added Saka (plus some outside investments in Martinelli and Douzi) and ESR started to play under Arteta

Yes, he left the club in ruins, and yes, we were paying for it long after he left with some heavy investments club needed to do to fix the mess and we've only managed to get rid of some of the contracts this winter, paying almost the full length for them.

Hope I've dumbed it down enough for you

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
We can talk about "once Arteta gets his squad" but the fact is this is we've bought and sold a number of players since this point last season and we're now lower in the table than then. Does that mean we had a better squad then than we currently have?

Top Bottom