• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Apart from 3 goals against Leeds city the others are our players mistakes and results should have gone our way that the problem we facing last month our players seem back rushing and making silly mistakes goals against Villa Leicester Benfica Burnley all should have been avoided var also didn't help us against us wolves Burnley games. These not excuses but something to work on in future

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We can talk about "once Arteta gets his squad" but the fact is this is we've bought and sold a number of players since this point last season and we're now lower in the table than then. Does that mean we had a better squad then than we currently have?
From reading what he says he needs a lot of players to get us challenging. He basically wants us or expects us to back him like we’re backed by a state.

Arsenal need to cut him off before it’s too late, if Mikel Arteta needs to spend like City to compete he’s not a very good coach. Get him gone.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

It won’t be his squad bro. Emery era bought Luiz, Pepe, Tierney, Martinelli, Mari,Saliba, Leno etc, Wenger era - Auba, Xhaka, Laca, Bellerin and brought Saka, ESR through. Even if he didn’t want any of them he’s stuck with most regardless. He’d have to be here at least 5 years to say it’s truly his squad. The best he can do is get rid of the ones he likes the least, like most managers.
I agree to a certain extent, but he has had the chance to bin 4 of them players and chose not to. This summer will be telling there is no two ways about it. He will be also under pressure when the fans return.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

From reading what he says he needs a lot of players to get us challenging. He basically wants us or expects us to back him like we’re backed by a state.

Arsenal need to cut him off before it’s too late, if Mikel Arteta needs to spend like City to compete he’s not a very good coach. Get him gone.

Who'd you suggest chief?

Need an expert opinion, the quality of posting on this forum takes a massive nosedive when you leave. Same with my boy @Gervais need all the OG's back.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I still see your shadows in my room
can’t take back the love that I gave you
it’s to the point where I love and I hate you
and I cannot change you, so I must replace you,

Easier said than done,
I thought you were the one,
listening to my heart instead of my head
Clowns to the left of me!
Jokers to the right!
Here I am, stuck in the middle with you.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Told Pepe Don't you ever come around here
Don't wanna see your skills, you better disappear
He's signing Willian and his work rates really clear
So beat it, just beat it

Trust the process man, just be a Mik stan
Don't cry about results, don't be a @Macho man
"but like Every game is tough, and us fans have had enough?"
Just beat it,
"but Arteta's so bad?"

Just beaaaaat it (child), beaaaaaat it (lol)
"But we keep getting defeated?"
But Signs of improvement, but signs of fight
"it doesn't matter if we're still sh*te"
Just beat it (beat it)
Just beat it (beat it)
Just beat it (beat it)
Just beat it (beat it, uh)

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We can talk about "once Arteta gets his squad" but the fact is this is we've bought and sold a number of players since this point last season and we're now lower in the table than then. Does that mean we had a better squad then than we currently have?
No. Only players brought when Arteta here are Partey Mari Cedric Gabriel the others are not his.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
The squad is good, it's just the manager who didn't figure out after more than half of the season who should be starting games.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I try to convince myself that you are not as dumb as it seems at first, so will still give it a go and try to explain it, but you probably won't understand what the problem was anyway....
The guy left the club with an enormous wage bill, an old squad, and basically zero top quality players within that squad. Overpaid for literally every contract he signed, average players were on dream contracts end we ended up paying them for years without having any chance to sell them.
1.) Özil, Mustafi, Kolasinac, Elneny, Bellerin - just a few contracts that we couldn't get rid of and were/still are paying for them long after he left.
2.) Ageing squad with Koscienly, Monreal, Cech (who was leaving) - basically our complete defence
3.) Weird investments in 2 CF's who to this day didn't prove they could play together even though we've paid over 120M for them
4.) There was not a single upcoming young player at the club we could've built around, only later Emery added Saka (plus some outside investments in Martinelli and Douzi) and ESR started to play under Arteta

Yes, he left the club in ruins, and yes, we were paying for it long after he left with some heavy investments club needed to do to fix the mess and we've only managed to get rid of some of the contracts this winter, paying almost the full length for them.

Hope I've dumbed it down enough for you
Think the rot had sat in under Wenger. When Emery came in he had a big job in front of him and some players actively worked against him like Özil. It really isn’t until this January that we really have started to cut away at the deadwood. This is clearly going to be a journey. I hope that Arteta is up for it but it sure as hell isn’t without doubt.

What is really frustrating is that stupid individual errors and mental mistakes cost us game in and game out. Fundamentally we play pretty decent, but we cannot put teams away during good spells in games nor can we avoid costing ourselves goals and games. We really come bearing gifts to our opponents. Compare that to how we have to labor for every goal.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Who'd you suggest chief?

Need an expert opinion, the quality of posting on this forum takes a massive nosedive when you leave. Same with my boy @Gervais need all the OG's back.
I suggested the pound land Klopp at Southampton a couple of years back when he left Leipzig. We need an overachiever, not some bum who needs £300m to play his style of football.

Hassenhuttl or B Rod would have us around fourth sooner or later. Heard from reliable sources that Rodgers will be replacing Mourinho in 2022 though.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Told Pepe Don't you ever come around here
Don't wanna see your skills, you better disappear
He's signing Willian and his work rates really clear
So beat it, just beat it

Trust the process man, just be a Mik stan
Don't cry about results, don't be a @Macho man
"but like Every game is tough, and us fans have had enough?"
Just beat it,
"but Arteta's so bad?"

Just beaaaaat it (child), beaaaaaat it (lol)
"Why we keep getting defeated?"
But Signs of improvement, but signs of fight
"it doesn't matter if we're still sh*te"
Just beat it (beat it)
Just beat it (beat it)
Just beat it (beat it)
Just beat it (beat it, uh)

Only liked this since you spent all morning on it.

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

I suggested the pound land Klopp at Southampton a couple of years back when he left Leipzig. We need an overachiever, not some bum who needs £300m to play his style of football.

Hassenhuttl or B Rod would have us around fourth sooner or later. Heard from reliable sources that Rodgers will be replacing Mourinho in 2022 though.

Nope, Rodgers is going to United this summer.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
No. Only players brought when Arteta here are Partey Mari Cedric Gabriel the others are not his.
Does that mean we have to be mid table until Arteta buys "his" 20 players? He is clearly underperforming and we are comparing him to fcking Emery, not some other great manager. There's not a single manager who will come in and get a full squad he picks, that never happens, but all the other managers are still required to perform at least to some basic requirements the club should set, and for us, that was 4-6th place on the table which leads to EL

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Nope, Rodgers is going to United this summer.
You’re the Rakitic to my Xavi, the Foden to my Silva, the Henderson to my Gerrard. You will replace me, you will get there, but not yet. You don’t quite see things on my level right now.

Rodgers > Sp**s 2022.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Think the rot had sat in under Wenger. When Emery came in he had a big job in front of him and some players actively worked against him like Özil. It really isn’t until this January that we really have started to cut away at the deadwood. This is clearly going to be a journey. I hope that Arteta is up for it but it sure as hell isn’t without doubt.
I'm 100% on that, the rot was set by him and Gazidis but I love the guy so much and I'm still convinced he was the best person in the world to fix that problem if he stayed, but the club wanted to move him and start something new.
The more I think about Emery, the more I feel sorry for the things I've said for him. His job was simply impossible. Wasn't great but was 10x better than Arteta

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel

If we're talking about titles then he can talk about spending like City but we're miles off that. I'd expect a decent manager in a wide open season like this to at least have us right in the mix for top 4 though. 10th just screams of incompetence to me.

Even last season at this stage we where only 5 points off top 4 and only managed to finish 8th. United managed to sneak in last day and they where absolutely awful, so it's not like this season has been a one off.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
He kept Xhaka when he could have sold him, same with Bellerin. £60m + we could have made and bought better players. He's destroyed the £30m assets of Guendouzi and Saliba. Alienated Özil and made us play worse in the process then brought in a poor imitation. Nelson could be getting Willian's minutes. Saliba could be getting Luiz's. Guendouzi could be getting Ceballos' minutes. What are we doing?

We've developed and played two retirement prospects and two Madrid players at the expense of our own talent that have long term contracts and still finishing 10th

Mikel Arterror
What a loada nonsense......... Guendouzi is looking so average at Hertha Belin and he's not the midfielder we need at the moment. His skillset is very similar to Xhaka's. Hes a good passer of the ball, yes, but his physical attributes and fitness are not up to scratch. You would rather get rid of the one midfielder we have who brings balance between midfield and attack for another deep lying midfielder. This makes no sense. As for Saliba, the guy is still only 19 FFS. I guess you would be one of the first ones to jump on his back if mistakes were made by him leading to his confidence to crumble. Luiz, although not ideal, is an experienced professional who has won everything. We need experienced players like that who play with no fear and have won and been influential in the 'Big' finals. His influence on and off the pitch has been applauded by many coaches within the club. Willian is another player who although it hasn't quite worked out so far, has won stuff and will help nurture the likes of Reiss Nelson, who will i'm sure slowly take his place over the next year and a half. It's only a short term solution for crying out loud! And you say we're developing 2 Real Madrid prospects completely forgetting that Edu and Arteta have had difficult circumstances and financial restrainsts of the pandemic to operate under!!! Come on, you've got to be reasonable man!

OnlyOne

Trusted ⭐

You’re the Rakitic to my Xavi, the Foden to my Silva, the Henderson to my Gerrard. You will replace me, you will get there, but not yet. You don’t quite see things on my level right now.

Rodgers > Sp**s 2022.

It's okay we see things differently, we see things others can't and thats what makes us special. Rodgers to Untied and I can't wait.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You are of course all entitled to vent your frustrations with the boss and everyone’s feelings are valid.

But I think at least on some level we all understand that this season is a write off, the world is a write off and the odds are Arteta is very likely to get another full season at the helm after this one.
Why is this a write off season? It sure as hell wasn’t for lampard. Maybe we the only club effected by COVID? He can get 10 more seasons, but a bad manager is a bad manager and the excuses will get funnier and funnier. I already know the main one for next season. He doesn’t have his squad

Latest posts

Top Bottom