• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Legend14

Established Member
ESR was the main man and Arteta decided to move him from his position or yesterday not play him at all, shocking stuff. No idea why Ødegaard is preferred over him, ESR literally turned our season around.
100 percent though ESR was injured yesterday.

Legend14

Established Member
If Arteta somehow wins Europa league you have to let him work tbh.

Even though I think it is possible to fluke cups and league form says more, the name of the game is CL qualification. If he achieves this whilst winning a final that our previous managers couldn't, I personally feel like we should allow him.

This is coming from someone who can't wait to see the back of him btw.
He is not winning Europa. He is more likely to win most of the EPL games and sit in 6-7 place in the end.

Legend14

Established Member
How many managers in the league get given “their players” until it works?

I think you’ll find most make do with what is given and some that do are even higher than us. Arteta has been backed and will get backed this summer too, but it won’t help him.

Arteta should be given the same amount of time as Emery got. If he needs that much more then why on Earth are you hiring him for?
TBF, the club was a disaster. I am not sure how long you give someone to fix a disaster when the manager before him didn’t fix it. Rebuilding is simply a different problem set.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
How many managers in the league get given “their players” until it works?

I think you’ll find most make do with what is given and some that do are even higher than us. Arteta has been backed and will get backed this summer too, but it won’t help him.

Arteta should be given the same amount of time as Emery got. If he needs that much more then why on Earth are you hiring him for?

Mate, you're talking to the last man standing from the defunct Emery Defense League, wasting your time there.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Only seen him with a partner. Again, no reason to change the formation we are now used to.
There is 1 good reason, which is 10th place on the table. Do you think we would get relegated if we drop Xhaka and try something new for a change?

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
Hey, let me highlight a few differences between Van Gaal and Arteta for you.

Van GaalArteta
Experienced manager brought in to "win now"Inexperienced manager brought in to develop club in transition
Took over most expensive squad in the league, which had won 5 titles in the last 8 seasons, had finished outside the top 4 once in the last 23 seasons, and (even with Moyes's disasterclass) had averaged 81 points / season in the three seasons before he arrivedTook over a club in 10th place, which hadn't won the title in 16 years, had finished outside the top 4 for three years straight, and which hadn't got over 80 points in the league for over 11 years
Spent £316m, highest in the leagueSpent £83m, 8th in the league
Won 1 FA CupWon 1 FA Cup, 1 Community Shield, and still in with a chance of the Europa
Given two full seasonsHasn't yet had a full season
Football was direFootball clearly improving

Hope that helps.
Your football is terrible under Arteta! Mate I hope you keep Mikel for 20 years and it’s pointless debating with you. Van Gaal has forgotten more about football than Arteta will ever know. But there’s a minority of Arteta fanboys on here who are like a cult.

Midtable Micky has a better team than Emery had yet his team are in TENTH! Tenth place!

say yes

forum master baiter
Your football is terrible under Arteta! Mate I hope you keep Mikel for 20 years and it’s pointless debating with you.

Midtable Micky has a better team than Emery had yet his team are in TENTH! Tenth place!
Pointless because you can’t land a single point.

Let me know if you make any more inane comparisons so I can tear them down again.

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
Pointless because you can’t land a single point.

Let me know if you make any more inane comparisons so I can tear them down again.
OK:

Arteta isn’t a very good manager. Arsenal could do a lot better. You can’t argue with that.

David Moyes would be doing a better job with your squad of players than midtable Micky.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

OK:

Arteta isn’t a very good manager. Arsenal could do a lot better. You can’t argue with that.

David Moyes would be doing a better job with your squad of players than midtable Micky.
Hence why the thread is called mid table Mikel. Most of us are not deluded about him

scytheavatar

Established Member
Partey plays better with a Partner. We have the personnel for a 4-2-3–1. Why change again to a 4-3-3 and start again?

Partey was dreaful yesterday, way worse than Xhaka. He needs to step up and show more before we should pretend he's some pillar we need to build the team around. Seems that he's the type of player who is 7/10 most of the time but will occasionally be 3/10 which is unacceptable. Even Özil at his worst guarantees 5/10 level performances.

say yes

forum master baiter
OK:

I can argue with all of that. And it's hilarious to see people talking about Moyes as a top manager again. Before West Ham his recent record was of being a spectacular failure at United and Sociedad, and then relegation at Sunderland. But hey ho, let's all massively overreact to one season of decent results (which are not merited on xG and won't be sustained) because he's now the reactionary *****'s flavour of the month again.

Never ceases to amaze me how short-term / results-biased football fans still are. Greatest and most sophisticated sport in the world and yet people like you may as well still be watching cavemen kick bundles of poo around for all the understanding you demonstrate.

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
Hence why the thread is called mid table Mikel. Most of us are not deluded about him
I know this, most of you talk a lot of sense and I find your posts interesting.

But there is a small minority of deluded fans in here and they’ve got no evidence they can reference when trying to prove Arteta is a good manager who has improved Arsenal apart from an FA Cup win, which many average managers have won.

The league is how progress and success is measured but unfortunately there are two or three lads in here who refuse to accept this.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I know this, most of you talk a lot of sense and I find your posts interesting.

But there is a small minority of deluded fans in here and they’ve got no evidence they can reference when trying to prove Arteta is a good manager who has improved Arsenal apart from an FA Cup win, which many average managers have won.

The league is how progress and success is measured but unfortunately there are two or three lads in here who refuse to accept this.
every fan base has small number of fans who believe part of being good fan is backing the manager always. These fans stay with the manager until the day he gets sacked and the moment next one comes they will be equally loyal to him. They are bunch of freaks imo

mirrorstare

I guess thinking football is sophisticated is something you can see in common with Arteta supporters, though I've seen it mostly on reddit as they try to fit whatever little stat they can into a concrete evidence of the positivity trend the results and performances on the pitch aren't really showing. That's why the table since christmas is still a thing, or why the Xg stopped mattering until it started to become the perfect metric to see how well we are doing, or why Arteta's job apparently stops at the final third and it all falls on Edu buying the next Haaland, even when we are back to conceding a goal every game. It certainly has gone a bit further than the defense you saw for Emery, I guess backed up by authority statements, people like Pep or Bielsa saying Arteta is so amazing for what he's achieving here, or the famous Athletic meme pieces.

There's something to say about considering football is this complex stuff beyond the grasp of us mere spectators, but it derails very quickly to uncomfortable places so let's leave it at that.

Legend14

Established Member
There is 1 good reason, which is 10th place on the table. Do you think we would get relegated if we drop Xhaka and try something new for a change?
Do you think changing the formation will solve our problems? How so? 10th place isn’t because of the 4-2-3-1 formation, its because we don’t execute.

Legend14

Established Member
Partey was dreaful yesterday, way worse than Xhaka. He needs to step up and show more before we should pretend he's some pillar we need to build the team around. Seems that he's the type of player who is 7/10 most of the time but will occasionally be 3/10 which is unacceptable. Even Özil at his worst guarantees 5/10 level performances.
Your conclusion from what you have seen from an injured Partey so far? Ok.

Yesterday was a poor second half. Lets see how he does after a couple more games. We’ll come back to your comment.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom