• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
The league is getting harder so ‘mid table Mickey’ is doing OK,is the narrative now. Not long ago, ‘We should be challenging for the title so ‘top4 Arsène’ needs to go’ . . . . and wait fot it . . . . ItS tHe SamE pOsTers. :clap:
This is what Riou stated that I believe kicked this conversation off.

'' We need to settle the debate..."Is the Premier League getting stronger or weaker?"

We need every poster to say what they think is the greatest Premiership season ever is, in their opinion, it's the only fair way...based on quality of teams, how difficult it was to win, player/manager quality etc.

Think I should make the thread, as that would annoy everyone the most!''

No mention of Arteta, no mention of Wenger. In fact no mention of Arsenal! But yeah, this was brought up to defend Arteta. Yet again, you've basically invented an argument to get annoyed about :lol:

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Bro, every club outside of West Brom has made its record signing in the last 4 years. You can't act like the landscape hasn't changed when Everton go from signing Cahill for £1m and Pienaar for £2.5m to Sigurdsson for £45m and Richarilson for £35m.

I think what @Makingtrax is saying that as money supply increased for English clubs so did the price of players inflate. Basic economics. One can estimate Cahill in today's market would be a 35 Million signing.

You're both right. Clubs are making record signings because they have more money. Players are going for record prices because there is more money.

In what world is Coutinho worth 120 M Euro, or Pepe 72M quid? TV money world.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

The league is getting harder so ‘mid table Mickey’ is doing OK,is the narrative now.
If we're going to use kid gloves with Mikel then yeah I can do that but why are we pretending that some of this wasn't his doing?

This is essentially my problem.
This is what Riou stated that I believe kicked this conversation off.

No mention of Arteta, no mention of Wenger. In fact no mention of Arsenal! But yeah, this was brought up to defend Arteta.
Did you answer or did I miss it?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Literally nobody has said that. All that's happened is people have pointed out that you're talking nonsense, as per.

But keep spluttering your gobbledygook all over the forum.
You get so easily rustled and just turn into a pr!ck. :lol:

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I'm just saying it looks like we can't even afford to sack Arteta and his team and hire one of the elite coaches that is available.

If you want to talk about sacking Arteta and hire a new manager, sign Messi and Ronaldo, Mbappé and Neymar be my guest.

But I'm focusing on trying to see what Arteta can do with more time because it seems like he is going to get it. I think there is a reason to be hopeful of better times.
Sorry but I don't think being optimistic helps anything to make the team play better. You have your opinion as we have. I don't really think Arteta is making a good job and I don't see progress. It's always an step forward and then one backwards.

Getting a player like Willian on this team over the future like Pepe, Martinelli or even Nelson. I can't forgive that. You don't build a team around that guy.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

If we're going to use kid gloves with Mikel then yeah I can do that but why are we pretending that some of this wasn't his doing?

This is essentially my problem.

Did you answer or did I miss it?

Yeah, I replied. I'm pretty sure I didn't mention Arteta either :lol:

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I think what @Makingtrax is saying that as money supply increased for English clubs so did the price of players inflate. Basic economics. One can estimate Cahill in today's market would be a 35 Million signing.

You're both right. Clubs are making record signings because they have more money. Players are going for record prices because there is more money.

In what world is Coutinho worth 120 M Euro, or Pepe 72M quid? TV money world.
So you can't be smart and get good players without spending that much? We did with Martinelli. There is a lot of players we could get and we went for Pepe with a dirty offer. We needed a CM and wasted that money in an improved winger. That's our fault.

Why we can't get players like Dortmund do? Like we did before?

say yes

forum master baiter
Makingtrax: Wenger can't compete with squad cost. Nobody can!

Makingtrax: Arteta should be beating squad cost, what **** is this really?
He's an absolute psychopath. Doesn't read what anyone actually says on here, just makes up what he wants to hear and then charges down bizarre blind alleys. Pointless having any discussion with him.

Most frustrating thing is that he doesn't even understand how squad cost works, just twists it constantly to fit into his agenda.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Some are only asking for top 10.
I'm just asking for some accountability bro.

Yes the players aren't what they should be for Arsenal football club but lets not pretend we don't have a novice manager.

For a club that pleads poverty we have a manager who does/says really questionable stuff and it doesn't make me nuts for questioning it.

Last edited:

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
So you can't be smart and get good players without spending that much? We did with Martinelli. There is a lot of players we could get and we went for Pepe with a dirty offer. We needed a CM and wasted that money in an improved winger. That's our fault.

Why we can't get players like Dortmund do? Like we did before?

I'm not disagreeing with you. Leicester City is prime example. But we can't ask a club that recently fired its entire scouting staff to be smart about signings, now can we.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

He's an absolute psychopath. Doesn't read what anyone actually says on here, just makes up what he wants to hear and then charges down bizarre blind alleys. Pointless having any discussion with him.

Most frustrating thing is that he doesn't even understand how squad cost works, just twists it constantly to fit into his agenda.
Mate, you threw every insult you’ve got at me in you’re melt down last year some time. And I just laughed at you. Knock yourself out, but you know I’ll still challenge your BS and I’m never sucking up to you like some posters do. :lol:

He is a bit pathetic tbh like when he claimed to have done his Ph.D. in quantum mechanics but didn't know what coupled-cluster theory is. Or no not even coupled cluster. I think it was something as simple Hartree-Fock. :lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

He is a bit pathetic tbh like when he claimed to have done his Ph.D. in quantum mechanics but didn't know what coupled-cluster theory is. Or no not even coupled cluster. I think it was something as simple Hartree-Fock. :lol:
:lol: This is beyond a parody. I’m guessing you’re drunk.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I wonder if Arteta could have managed "characters" like the ones in our Invicible team?

@Mrs Bergkamp brought up in the Leno thread, it got me thinking...

"I'm definitely not blaming Leno but I do think it's (another) a wake up call for all our players when they see certain team mates in certain situations. Jens in that situation probably smashes the ball at Xhaka's face and catches the rebound"

...funny and true...Arteta likes to micro manage everything, all managers seem to these days, don't really enjoy that emphasis tbh...wonder if having to deal with characters like Henry, Vieira, Bergkamp, Lehmann would bring the best or worst out of Mikel...would he relax a bit, let the players get more creative freedom?

We still have some good players, but you look at our squad, pretty much everyone would follow everything he says...would love to see him tell someone like Jens to go short no matter what :lol:

Hopefully Partey can become someone like this, we need players on the pitch who are prepared to change it up, as sometimes matches can be decided by trying something different.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

Going back to the original point. I don't think the quality of the tops teams are worse than 5-10 years. In fact I'd think physically, tactically they're better these days.

Increased quality doesn't necessarily equate to increase enjoyment for fans though.

Most of the things that we love as football fans involve individuality and spontaneity. The games reached a level where it's so micromanaged and over coached that we've largely lost those things. Which is a shame really.

Latest posts

Top Bottom