• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

EsHyO7RWMAIHuOS

25946.jpg
93656.jpg
vJFi9oye_400x400.jpg

Last edited:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I think we should just all admit, no-one's an impartial, objective judge of anything on here. We've all got our biases, pro or anti Arteta, same as with the players.

Whether fans like it or not, he's going to be manager next season that's the crux of the matter. People need to accept that. Hopefully he can end this season on a high through climbing the league table or winning the Europa League and then maybe we can go into next season with a bit more positivity.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I think we should just all admit, no-one's an impartial, objective judge of anything on here. We've all got our biases, pro or anti Arteta, same as with the players.

Whether fans like it or not, he's going to be manager next season that's the crux of the matter. People need to accept that. Hopefully he can end this season on a high through climbing the league table or winning the Europa League and then maybe we can go into next season with a bit more positivity.
I mean, it's easier for your mental health to accept it, but fans certainly don't have to accept it. For instance, I won't accept Willian getting minutes and will keep complaining about it. Would it be better for me to acccept it? Probably. But I have an idea of what I would like Arsenal to be and that's what I want to see, I don't just want to accept what Arsenal currently is because that's an even bigger bummer.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I mean, it's easier for your mental health to accept it, but fans certainly don't have to accept it. For instance, I won't accept Willian getting minutes and will keep complaining about it.
That's the spot I'm in currently myself. It's hard watching our assets get flushed down the toilet in favour of playing dead end players to accommodate a questionable manager.

But hey, if that's what the club wants to do then we deserve everything that happens as a result of it.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
90% of the abuse I get is because I support the manager and players and think people making up stuff to criticise our manager is weird.

Imagine getting bashed for defending your club's manager.

Such a small-time bum fan base.
+1

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
what we are seeing is the slow death grip of ****tish ownership of kroenke ... and its enablement by the deflection and disunity promoted by the bum squad

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
what we are seeing is the slow death grip of ****tish ownership of kroenke ... and its enablement by the deflection and disunity promoted by the bum squad
Kroenke doesn't know sh*t about football and all decisions were made by other "experts" at the club. You think Kroenke knew who Willian was? You think he wanted Xhaka and Mustafi at the club?

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
“We have created a really strong group, a really strong bond with our players, our fans and our staff, and that is going to pay some big [dividends] in the future when everything comes back to normality and we are able to work with some stability,” he said. “I think this project is going to go ‘bang’. Sometimes it is difficult to see the moment now but I’m sure where we are going.”

I know a few posters in this thread in whose homes Arteta is welcome to 'bang' everyone

Let's be honest, it's pretty obvious Mikel is liked so much and been given so much time is because most are very physically attracted to him. People were Emery out before he even started just because of his teeth.

This is the kind of cruel world we live in atm.

I never wanted Wenger sacked in the first place. I told this forum to be careful about what they wished for.

Also even if I don't have a picture of Emery on my pillow wear like I do with Arteta there are still countless posts here where I said he needed 3-5 years.

But all this just show that we have deeper issues than just what manager we have at each time.

I've said before we could try sacking Arteta and circle around new managers 20 M each every 2 years until it finally clicks. But I also just suggesting that maybe you can back the manager and give him more time, focus the resources elsewhere.

Iceman10

Established Member
I agree, when the esteemed judges of AM aren’t quite yet rabid anti-Mikel, then yes, it might be worth a thought.

This is simply the Emery situation all over again, with people wanting a manager gone now vs people who just have a bit more patience. All the rest is fluff added for fun and lols. It’s been done. It’s boring.

All said done, the patient lot will win again because the rest will just remain angry and will have to wait and see.

In terms of patience I can understand people talking about points and table position but I’ve found it hard to go with impatience with both Emery and Arteta on style of football, people going on about “identity” and bemoaning lack of attractive football. I see both Emery and Arteta attempting “processes” to tighten up defence and positional discipline first. Some fans might not like this approach but in some ways they are forgetting doing these things was exactly what they wanted in “fixing” Wenger.

I don’t understand why some people do not get the “process” with City for example, where they went through a couple of years of getting a defensive platform and strong spine (squad additions) together first before working on the attacking pretty football on top. Granted, City fans could easily go with that because they had had nothing to celebrate for decades prior anyway. Of course when you are working on defence and discipline first and you still have moments like the Xhaka one on the weekend I can understand the impatience with that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom