• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Good enough for what?
Did I say win the league?
Or even top 4?

Think what you want about the players but they are better than 10th, Wenger and Emery got 5th/6th with the same guys you are calling sh*t. Emery was only 2 seasons ago.

Then you wonder why people ignore your posts.
What does it have to do with Wenger/Emery?
Because they were over achieving, the players can not be shxt?

They are shxt, regardless of the manager anyway. Otherwise I would not be wasting 10 years of my time waiting for the club to get them out.

That doesn’t mean Arteta has less to be blamed.

We have two problems, 1) the manager, 2) the recruitment/players.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Its funny you should say that.

Do you know who's top of the list of the best statistical dribblers this season? Adama Traore. One of the more average dribblers in the league, however he beats players through sheer pace and power, so he's up there. You know who else is in the top 4 dribblers in the league? Lookman and Zambo Anguissa. So I assume because the stats say so, you also think Zambo Anguissa is one of the best dribblers in the league? Better than Salah? Better than Zaha? Better than Grealish?

What exactly are you basing that on then? I'd like to know. Because Pepe was also poor under Emery, in fact he's been better under Arteta. He might just not be right for this league? Saka has been outstanding under Arteta so your argument is about as dead as your posting.

I know you dislike my opinions, but for the love of God formulate a decent argument instead of going on the offensive and instead of just jumping on the back of someone else's argument against mine.
Yeah, it doesn't stop the fact that Pepe is was statistically one of the best dribbler no matter how you try to twist fact and do your mental gymnastics.
I thought you used to like stats?
Only when it suits your agenda I guess.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yeah, it doesn't stop the fact that Pepe is was statistically one of the best dribbler no matter how you try to twist fact and do your mental gymnastics.
I thought you used to like stats?
Only when it suits your agenda I guess.

Oh cool, so you aren't going to respond to anything I really posted (per usual) you're just going to go down the abusive Road, per usual. You're boring mate.

Bosniak Gooner

We were.
Then Tierney and Ödegaard got injured and it went to ****e.

Our 2 best players in form.
Real Madrid have their entire defence injured, no squad, but they still play decent football?

So Mikel is so bad that he relies his football on a Real Madrid squad player and a left back? Give me a break, actually no, don't quote me, ever.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This is interesting looking back, would ESR have even played this game if Willian wasn't feeling unwell? Imagine if Willian was never sick, how things could have been so different.

Like can we even give credit to Arteta for ESR? He played him in a game he had no real choice but to play him, he has an instant impact and starts the next few games after. There was no indication before this game that Arteta was ever gonna start him in a game of such magnitude.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel

This is interesting looking back, would ESR have even played this game if Willian wasn't feeling unwell? Imagine if Willian was never sick, how things could have been so different.

Like can we even give credit to Arteta for ESR? He played him in a game he had no real choice but to play him, he has an instant impact and starts the next few games after. There was no indication before this game that Arteta was ever gonna start him in a game of such magnitude.
I think it was a roll of the dice that worked. We couldn't get any lower at that point and not much people at the time expected us to get anything from that game either. If ESR hadn't had such a good game I doubt we'd have seen him much afterwards. I may be wrong but wasn't that the first time we played with a 10 this season?

Tir Na Nog

The "doesn't have his players" excuse really needs to be put to bed. It's a myth that continually gets brought up.

This is the thing. Look at our team.

Leno, he chose him over Emi. He brought in Cedric, Mari and wanted Luiz to stay another year. He was happy to let Kola and AMN go without signing a Tierney backup. He wanted Gabriel. Holding was linked with a move away before deciding he wanted him to stay. He brought in Partey, personally convinced Xhaka to stay, used Elneny when his Arsenal career looked all but over. Brought back Ceballos, sent Torreira out on loan, sent Willock out on loan. Sent Guendouzi on loan. Discarded Özil and played no 10 for months quite happily. He wanted Willian. He's chosen not to use Pepe a lot as a starter. Decided not to send Eddie out on loan again. Wanted to keep Laca. Wanted Auba to stay and sign a big contract.

Almost the entirety of our current squad, Arteta either chose them over another player, brought them back, convinced them to stay or signed them. There's very few players that have been forced upon him. Chambers I guess but that's hardly a massive issue. Tierney and Pepe, but I mean what kind of manager would complain about inheriting these types of players. Saka and Martinelli, two youngster with high potential, one of whom he's incredibly reliant upon.

Arteta has been backed to the hills in everything he's done. Any player he didn't want regardless of talent, wages, value, etc was chucked aside. Any player he wanted in was brought in. Players with one leg out the door were convinced to stay because he wanted them to. Wenger was never backed to this extent in his final years. Yet a rookie has been backed like this, has us 11th and still has people making excuses saying he needs to be backed more.

Tir Na Nog

I think it was a roll of the dice that worked. We couldn't get any lower at that point and not much people at the time expected us to get anything from that game either. If ESR hadn't had such a good game I doubt we'd have seen him much afterwards. I may be wrong but wasn't that the first time we played with a 10 this season?

I can't really remember, I think we may have played Willian there once or twice, but I've erased so much of this season from my mind. I vaguely remember us trying Laca there. But as far as a real 10 yes I'm pretty sure that was the first game.

GoonerJay24

The media are really pushing this idea that our players are at fault and Arteta isn't to blame.

I'm sick of if and also tired of dumbed down Arsenal fans that are unaware of the footballing agenda against us. We need to wake up.

Top Bottom