• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Could be shown the door with no European football?

Happy World Cup GIF by FIFA
Nah this David Luiz gif will never not be funny.🤣🤣🤣

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I mean we're only in the EL quarter finals so the FA cup final was a bigger game.
The FA cup final meant **** all. If hadn't won it. It won't have been the end of the world. Meanwhile this EL could determine our medium/long term future.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The FA cup final meant **** all. If hadn't won it. It won't have been the end of the world. Meanwhile this EL could determine our medium/long term future.

:lol:

If we hadn't won the FA cup we wouldn't be here right now saying we could determine our long time future by winning the competition we qualified for via winning the FA cup. You dopey sausage :lol:

It meant a hell of a lot.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Unsure if there will ever be much hope for us, even if we win the Europa tbh.

Even if we are in the Champions League next season, with the owner we have and the current structure of the club, plus our rivals in this league...not sure it will really push us on.

The best thing about it will just be getting the chance to win a trophy, probably.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Unsure if there will ever be much hope for us, even if we win the Europa tbh.

Even if we are in the Champions League next season, with the owner we have and the current structure of the club, plus our rivals in this league...not sure it will really push us on.

The best thing about it will just be getting the chance to win a trophy, probably.

I think the opinion that you need an owner pumping money into you to win anything is so poor. You can build a title winning squad over 3 years buying the right players. I think the current structure of the club is actually pretty good, we have a good youth system churning out some real top talents consistently and we're finally buying players with our cash based on their footballing ability. Whereas previously we'd buy Mustafi's and Lucas Perez' because a computer told us to.

Getting back into the CL would be huge for this club, opens doors for better players to be more convinced to join us, opens doors for more money to come in and also we'd get way more exposure to different revenue streams. Gives us a much better chance of finishing in the top 4 next season.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
He put his hand on Freddie's beautiful face. Freddie leaves Arsenal when Arteta becomes manager. Freddie critical of Arteta on sky. Its all making sense now.
He got rid of Freddie, who had been working at the club for years and hired a 20-year-old ex-ball boy from Atletico :lol:
Don't even get me started on his GK coach, who chose Leno over Martinez and recommended Puffinson :shivering:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
He got rid of Freddie, who had been working at the club for years and hired a 20-year-old ex-ball boy from Atletico :lol:
Don't even get me started on his GK coach, who chose Leno over Martinez and recommended Puffinson :shivering:

People are still hung up on the GK thing? Give it a rest, both keepers were as good as each other and similar ages.

Riou

Can't imagine Freddie was happy with the club or Arteta.

Ljungberg who is much closer to a club legend than Arteta, played for the club during it's peak years...and bar a brief stint at Wolfsburg, had been caching at the club from about 2016...while Mikel not only left us immediately after he retired, after we basically paid him for nothing due to his injuries in his last 18 months at Arsenal, but left us to join a rival English team.

Ljungberg was asked to hold the ship together, with no staff bar Per, while Arsenal wooed a rookie manager, then Arteta instantly took him away from the bench and put him in the stands for some reason...of course Freddie was pissed :lol:

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
So basically he was Xhaka?
Not completely. His playing style was closer to Elneny’s but he was definitely more progressive in his passing. I think Jorginho is a good analogue for Arteta. But yes he did suffer from the same weaknesses Xhaka did, except he was less error-prone and better under pressure.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League

Ljungberg who is much closer to a club legend than Arteta, played for the club during it's peak years...and bar a brief stint at Wolfsburg, had been caching at the club from about 2016...while Mikel not only left us immediately after he retired, after we basically paid him for nothing due to his injuries in his last 18 months at Arsenal, but left us to join a rival English team.

Ljungberg was asked to hold the ship together, with no staff bar Per, while Arsenal wooed a rookie manager, then Arteta instantly took him away from the bench and put him in the stands for some reason...of course Freddie was pissed :lol:
Exactly, Freddie got shafted out just because Arteta had Pep as his hype man and some hair follicles. It was Freddie who first put Saka at left back and he managed to use a Martinelli, Auba and Pepe in a front 3 without much issue; he also brought back Xhaka (not sure if that was a great thing but Arteta definitely benefited from that). Was Freddie perfect? No. But he had common sense and for some reason that seemed to evade Arteta and Emery with their line ups.

Riou

Exactly, Freddie got shafted out just because Arteta had Pep as his hype man and some hair follicles. It was Freddie who first put Saka at left back and he managed to use a Martinelli, Auba and Pepe in a front 3 without much issue; he also brought back Xhaka (not sure if that was a great thing but Arteta definitely benefited from that). Was Freddie perfect? No. But he had common sense and for some reason that seemed to evade Arteta and Emery with their line ups.

I was so onboard for Freddie, an Invincible leading us...stuff of dreams!

Then it went wrong immediately pretty much, with things that were both his and not his fault...his only win was on my birthday though, so happy with that at least :lol:

vantoure

I know this is on a lighter note ;) but it's difficult to identify with the club recently, almost every bit of value I could relate with the club is gone. Quite mechanical these days.

Anyways, back to tricky micky and his middling ways

vantoure

I've a sneaky feeling Arteta will survive this dark night, with qualification tonight and a bit of improvement next season, that will have his cult members say "YoU sEe, wE TolD YoUs, YoU SHouLd HavE TruSTed tHe PRoCess"

Where does Arteta go after this? I'm going to suggest Almeria.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I've no issues with Freddie getting binned by Arteta. Don't get me wrong I loved him as a player and maybe he'll work out as a top coach / manager in time. Arteta deserved the right as manager to have the footballing people around him that he wanted though.

I think at times clubs can go a bit overboard in terms of having ex players in place. It's a fad. Barca and Bayern etc do it so everyone else wants to follow suit. You want a couple ideally to help keep the clubs identity but they've got to be justifiable on ability rather than the fact they were a good player or knew the club inside out.

Someone like Steve Bould was a prime example as someone who got promoted about his station I feel. Not a great assistant. But then on the other hand I guess you have guys like Pat Rice who certainly were.

I don't feel Edu would have got his job just based off his CV either.

Last edited:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom