Mikel Arteta: Mid-table Mikel

Do you think that Arsenal should continue with Arteta for the next season?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted
9th Position....+8 GD

AtkANz-utfu92BWuyrNcUwNretJ2EsErK6u8N6OQPzM.jpg

Abhishek Arora

Even Sp**s have more ambition than Arsenal.They have sacked their manager being 7th(4 points ahead).There is not even speculation of Arteta leaving.He literally has the safest job in the world right now.

Iceman10

The ESL announcement after the Fulham.game was a larger scale shiny object than the Balogun contract news after the first leg against Slavia.

I don't have problems with youngsters given match time in the attacking unit who are not consistent, particularly with finishing, because Martinelli and Saka are clearly top talents, but Mikel deserves to be knocked again and again for so much match time for Elneny when there were options to consider with AMN and Chambers, and to a lesser scale similsr with Ceballos vs. Willock.

GDeep™

Dissociating
Even Sp**s have more ambition than Arsenal.They have sacked their manager being 7th(4 points ahead).There is not even speculation of Arteta leaving.He literally has the safest job in the world right now.
Arteta won a cup last season and is in the semi final of the EL, which gives us a chance at a CL place - which is the main club target. Why would we sack him?

He’s not even been in charge for a full season. Totally unreasonable to expect or demand a manager change.

Macho

Has Trust Issues With Processes
Trusted
Why would we sack him?
We wont, cause different rules apply simple as.

From the Athletic:

Mourinho had to guide Sp**s through some very difficult waters and the fact that he managed to get them to sixth by the time the season finally ended last July has to go down as a success. Then, in the summer transfer window, Mourinho got plenty of the players he wanted — Matt Doherty, Joe Hart, Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, Sergio Reguilon — while Levy brought ‘home’ fan-favourite Gareth Bale.

The debate about whether the players or the manager deserve the blame for what has gone wrong has dominated this season, and often been driven by Mourinho’s own attempts to deflect the blame onto his squad. But ultimately it is a manager’s job to get the best out of the players, something Mourinho clearly failed to do.

The abuse and name calling I get my way I try not to criticise Arteta on the forums as much anymore, but it's a fair question people are asking.

Macho

Trusted
Sack Arteta now. Done with him.
Yeah they joined at the same time so it's really not hard to compare side by side. Jose went from 12th to 6th, we got FA Cup and both ended up in Europa.

We're currently 9th, Sp**s are currently 7th and a micky mouse cup final - this season is a lot closer and hope of Europa saves us but really there isn't much between them. You could argue that Jose was on course to finish higher for the second season in a row.

Both made signings over the summer with Arteta being supported in culling the squad and sending young talent on loan.

Whatever people see in Arteta I really don't but I've gone on about this for ages, so I just go along with it now.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted
Not really fair to compare Arteta to Mourinho.

Mourinho won the CL with Porto, and probably a lot more trophies. Arteta won the FA cup with Arsenal.

Mourinho's start is legendary

Macho

Trusted
Not really fair to compare Arteta to Mourinho.

Mourinho won the CL with Porto, and probably a lot more trophies. Arteta won the FA cup with Arsenal.

Mourinho's start is legendary
it's unfair to compare their careers - which is where Arteta gets a lot of his sympathy mileage from - but not unfair to compare their recent stints at their most recent clubs as they literally started at the same time.

Both inherited some good, some bad, some aging, some young players.

Both were long term projects as well.

Kav

Arteta won a cup last season and is in the semi final of the EL, which gives us a chance at a CL place - which is the main club target. Why would we sack him?

He’s not even been in charge for a full season. Totally unreasonable to expect or demand a manager change.

It actually isn’t unreasonable he has had as much time as Emery and has done worse. Facts show is this.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted
it's unfair to compare their careers - which is where Arteta gets a lot of his sympathy mileage from - but not unfair to compare their recent stints at their most recent clubs as they literally started at the same time.

Both inherited some good, some bad, some aging, some young players.

Both were long term projects as well.
Then Arteta will live or die with the EL. Fine margins. If Arsenal can win the EL then nobody can question him, even though the questions might be valid.

It is absolutely shocking that Tottenham fired Mourinho. He deserved a lot more respect.

berric

Do we even play CL next season now? I am so confused whether I should even hope to win this competition or is it pointless anyway?

GDeep™

Dissociating
Yeah they joined at the same time so it's really not hard to compare side by side. Jose went from 12th to 6th, we got FA Cup and both ended up in Europa.

We're currently 9th, Sp**s are currently 7th and a micky mouse cup final - this season is a lot closer and hope of Europa saves us but really there isn't much between them. You could argue that Jose was on course to finish higher for the second season in a row.

Both made signings over the summer with Arteta being supported in culling the squad and sending young talent on loan.

Whatever people see in Arteta I really don't but I've gone on about this for ages, so I just go along with it now.
Think the EL run has saved him from real pressure as that still keeps him on course for CL contention - which is the main club target.

In comparison to Jose, he has a trophy, has spent less money, and still has a squad playing for him, unlike Jose who yet again seems to have created a toxic atmosphere at Sp**s.

GDeep™

Dissociating
Then Arteta will live or die with the EL. Fine margins. If Arsenal can win the EL then nobody can question him, even though the questions might be valid.

It is absolutely shocking that Tottenham fired Mourinho. He deserved a lot more respect.
Why did Jose deserve respect? Played the worst football ever seen at Sp**s, out of all major competitions, thrown aside Alli etc, who is a club asset however you look at it.

Macho

Trusted

Agree with the first part, they were absolutely justified in sacking Mourinho though.

Timing was off and I personally would have given him the cup final since he got them there. Maybe Levi didn't want to hear Mourinho remind them forever he was the one to bring in their first cup in ages.

GDeep™

Dissociating
It actually isn’t unreasonable he has had as much time as Emery and has done worse. Facts show is this.
He’s not had a full season in charge, what you talking about? Emery had two summers to get his ideas through.

Arteta also won a cup and is now in a EL semi with teams of a similar level. He could win the EL.

Next season he gets sacked if the league form doesn’t improve.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter
Trusted
Agree with the first part, they were absolutely justified in sacking Mourinho though.

Timing was off and I personally would have given him the cup final since he got them there. Maybe Levi didn't want to hear Mourinho remind them forever he was the one to bring in their first cup in ages.

He'll still claim credit for that if they manage to win it

Latest posts

Match prediction

• Arsenal win and go through 👍🏻

Votes: 74 62.2%
  • Arsenal win but are knocked out 👎🏻

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • Goalless draw 👎🏻

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Score draw 👎🏻

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • Villareal win 👎🏻