Mikel Arteta: Mid-table Mikel

Do you think that Arsenal should continue with Arteta for the next season?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

El Duderino

99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One
Trusted
Wonder if Arteta has been informed he will probably be sacked at the end of the season, so he's taking a few swings at Stan before he goes...least this might win him some fan support :lol:

Much as I am unhappy with on pitch performances and squad management, the one thing that got me to be originally for him is that he was humble and understood the club. The whole going to all departments and introducing himself bit was exactly what was needed.

We need more of that and less of Resting Mik Face Slick Mik.

HairSprayGooners

Top 10 is the new Top 4

Here's one for anyone who STILL openly says we should've played AMN at right back, consistently said this myself over the past year or so. The kid doesn't want to play there, he'll never get in our midfield long term, SELL SELL SELL.

Rimaal

Questionable Taste

the Kroenkes had the right intentions and we now have to move on.

I have a word for Arteta it starts with Q

Taneruit

the Kroenkes had the right intentions and we now have to move on.

I have a word for Arteta it starts with Q
That's how a lot of the interview went tbh. As I said went quite diplomatic and *understanding*. But whenever it was something specific there was clear condemnation.

For example these parts:

So I'm sure that they have the right reasons to start something but it clearly didn’t work, or it wasn’t the right time, it wasn’t done the right way and it was time to step back."

All of them with the right intentions to defend the club and put the club in the best possible position for now and for the future but accepting that the way it’s been handled obviously has had terrible consequences and that it was a mistake."

Is basically the nice way of saying *Yeah, I believe they wanted to improve the club (finances), but they were ****ing morons doing it*.

Macho

Has Trust Issues With Processes
Trusted

Mikel is Kroenke out
Wouldn't get carried away, all he said was the fans have the right to express their opinion.

Standard answer that can be used for when the team get's booed. Think some of you are clutching a bit - Arteta hasn't expressed Kroenke Out, that's his employer.

Taneruit

Wouldn't get carried away, all he said was the fans have the right to express their opinion.

Standard answer that can be used for when the team get's booed. Think some of you are clutching a bit - Arteta hasn't expressed Kroenke Out, that's his employer.
Just mentioning that fans have the right to protest is something I didn’t expect tbh. Especially considering it was asked directly mentioning the friday protests.

PR answer here would be *this isn’t the right way* *fans don’t realize x* and so on.

Camron

Established Member
Trusted
Arteta must be stupid now forcing his players to take a pay cut, which was not his place.

Till now I don’t know why these players were pressured to take a pay cut?

90% of you scummy bastards backed that too.
Mikel saw none of these players were worth their wages and enforced a paycut.

My manager.

GDeep™

Dissociating
Yeah, Arteta is saying “fans can do as they wish” because this is such an extreme situation that the whole club including the owner knows they are potentially going to killed with fans protesting, moaning, being unhappy.

There is nothing else he can say.

Macho

Trusted
Yeah, Arteta is saying “fans can do as they wish” because this is such an extreme situation that the whole club including the owner knows they are potentially going to killed with fans protesting, moaning, being unhappy.

There is nothing else he can say.
Exactly this ^ @Taneruit

Taneruit

Exactly this ^ @Taneruit
Nah.

PR answer isn’t to affirm protests and especially not saying they should have room to do so. (Which basically permits that they shouldn’t be stopped in tgeir efforts. An absolute No, no actually. )

Aside from outright discouring it or just deflecting/shutting up is calming fans down. Thats the PR answer. Didn’t happen.

YMMV, of course.

Macho

Trusted
Nah.

PR answer isn’t to affirm protests and especially not saying they should have room to do so. (Which basically permits that they shouldn’t be stopped in tgeir efforts. An absolute No, no actually. )

Aside from outright discouring it or just deflecting/shutting up is calming fans down. Thats the PR answer. Didn’t happen.

YMMV, of course.
You'd be very hard pressed to find anybody in English football not openly condemning recent events, let alone being diplomatic about it like Arteta. Defending Kronke in any way is suicide right now.

Think you're reaching massively tbh, Arteta isn't a freedom fighter here he's doing his job (and doing that job well in regards to pressers mind).

Latest posts