Mikel Arteta: Mid-table Mikel

Do you think that Arsenal should continue with Arteta for the next season?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rimaal

Questionable Taste
Just mentioning that fans have the right to protest is something I didn’t expect tbh. Especially considering it was asked directly mentioning the friday protests.

PR answer here would be *this isn’t the right way* *fans don’t realize x* and so on.

You can't be serious. Even Arteta's mother wouldn't put that sweet a twist on it.

Rimaal

Questionable Taste
You'd be very hard pressed to find anybody in English football not openly condemning recent events, let alone being diplomatic about it like Arteta. Defending Kronke in any way is suicide right now.

Think you're reaching massively tbh, Arteta isn't a freedom fighter here he's doing his job (and doing that job well in regards to pressers mind).

Didn't he? He repeated the wording of the official press release. "Their intentions were to protect the club", mistakes made in the way it was done and the timing! Asking us all to just move on.

That, imo, is as much of a defence as he can offer given the general feeling.

Macho

Has Trust Issues With Processes
Trusted
Didn't he? He repeated the wording of the official press release. "Their intentions were to protect the club", mistakes made in the way it was done and the timing! Asking us all to just move on.

That, imo, is as much of a defence as he can offer given the general feeling.
Could be seen as defence. The main reason I don't though is because Arteta is correct there, I actually agree with him.

Yes Arsenal did this awful thing trying to secure their standing, guarantee they never worry about relegation again and more generate more revenue.. I get that.

However, lets not pretend for a second the likes of Mike Ashley and all the other outsiders wouldn't jump at the chance to get a seat at the table if the shoe was on the other foot.

Trying to secure the dynasty you can't really blame Kronke for that - imagine this actually went ahead and we opted out?

Taneruit

You'd be very hard pressed to find anybody in English football not openly condemning recent events, let alone being diplomatic about it like Arteta. Defending Kronke in any way is suicide right now.

Think you're reaching massively tbh, Arteta isn't a freedom fighter here he's doing his job (and doing that job well in regards to pressers mind).
First paragraph I have no idea why you wrote. I mean yeah?

Second I’ve never even said. The most I’ve inferred here is snarky comments by him mixed in with the diplomatic stuff and a support for the act of the protest at least.

Its not like I’m interpreting here baseless as well. Been and have seen plenty of similiar situations. Thats of course based on personal anecodotes which is why I wrote *your mileage may vary*. Could be completley off.

Rimaal

Questionable Taste
Could be seen as defence. The main reason I don't though is because Arteta is correct there, I actually agree with him.

Yes Arsenal did this awful thing trying to secure their standing, guarantee they never worry about relegation again and more generate more revenue.. I get that.

However, lets not pretend for a second the likes of Mike Ashley and all the other outsiders wouldn't jump at the chance to get a seat at the table if the shoe was on the other foot.

Trying to secure the dynasty you can't really blame Kronke for that - imagine this actually went ahead and we opted out?

:lol: Really? You think their main aim was securing standing? What exactly about their behaviour during their tenure as Arsenal owners, and especially in the past couple of years, gave you that impression?

You think the Kroenkes give a damn about our Arsenal football apart from it being a money generating machine that they don't have to, and don't want to, invest in.

No wonder you agree with Arteta.

I would like to add one thing: Barca and Real fans are according to what I heard in favour of the ESL.

Macho

Trusted
:lol: Really? You think their main aim was securing standing? What exactly about their behaviour during their tenure as Arsenal owners, and especially in the past couple of years, gave you that impression?

You think the Kroenkes give a damn about our Arsenal football apart from it being a money generating machine that they don't have to, and don't want to, invest in.

No wonder you agree with Arteta.
Have the club generate revenue without him lifting a finger? and not having to worry about his investment getting relegated due to team performance? a team he doesn't want to invest in?

Yeah that's exactly what I think KSE wanted out of this - what else did you think he was hoping to get out of this?
You think he wants to see Arsenal plummet because of a rookie manager he got on the cheap?
You think he doesn't want to use the money generated from Arsenal on his other ventures?

I never said he cares about the club, he 1000% cares about his investment and the bottom line however, which is what the ESL was all about.

Rimaal

Questionable Taste
Have the club generate revenue without him lifting a finger? and not having to worry about his investment getting relegated due to team performance? a team he doesn't want to invest in?

Yeah that's exactly what I think KSE wanted out of this - what else did you think he was hoping to get out of this?

I never said he cares about the club, he 1000% cares about his investment and the bottom line however, which is what the ESL was all about.
You used the word standing. The standing of a club means more than financial. In fact it almost never means financial to football fans.

Arteta also said he understood the logic and why they (they being himself and the players|) were not told, but first he said he found out just before the news was "leaked".

I watched the entire presser and all it left me with is a bad taste in my mouth.

"The ownership and everybody involved in the "process" all of them with the right intentions to defend the club and to put the club in the right position for now and for the future". He actually went on to use the words "genuine intentions". 🤣

"Trust the process"

I'm putting money on it: He was told the ESL was the ultimate goal when, or soon after, they signed him.

And please remember, this is the same man that asked the players to take a pay cut so staff would not be fired, and then watch as the entire scouting team was fired. Who needs scouting in the ESL?

Macho

Trusted
You used the word standing. The standing of a club means more than financial. In fact it almost never means financial to football fans.
What's wrong with the word standing? When Kroenke bought the club, we were still seen as a big club. Not quite the best but getting top 4, putting half hearted title challenges until the winter.

What makes you think he wouldn't have wanted that to continue without input from himself? Of course he would it only benefits him.

Arteta also said he understood the logic and why they (they being himself and the players|)
And I can also see the logic, hence me agreeing with Arteta for once. Kroenke who doesn't care about our sport got offered a chance to have all the benefits of being a top club without actually playing like one.

There's sound logic in him taking such a proposal. Would have sucked for the rest of the world, but Arsenal would have been sitting pretty.

The rest of what you said is interesting, but I am not getting into that as its not clear what Arteta knows and doesn't know for me.

Rimaal

Questionable Taste
What's wrong with the word standing? When Kroenke bought the club, we were still seen as a big club. Not quite the best but getting top 4, putting half hearted title challenges until the winter.

What makes you think he wouldn't have wanted that continue without input from himself? Of course he would it only benefits him.

And I can also see the logic, hence me agreeing with Arteta for once. Kroenke who doesn't care about our sport got offered a chance to have all the benefits of being a top club without actually playing like one. There's strong logic in him taking such a proposal.

The rest of what you said is interesting, but I am not getting into that as its not clear what Arteta knows and doesn't know for me.
How would the ESL return us to our standing in the Prem when the Kroenkes took over? How exactly?

He's a football coach who not only said he understood the logic but he defended the logic as being in the interest of the club. Let's be clear here, the ESL was not in the interest of Arsenal FC or football as a sport, and no football manager should see it as such. If you believe it is in AFC's, then your argument is valid but only from your point of view and Kroenkes.

Macho

Trusted
He's a football coach who not only said he understood the logic but he defended the logic as being in the interest of the club. Let's be clear here, the ESL was not in the interest of Arsenal FC or football as a sport, and no football manager should see it as such. If you believe it is in AFC's, then your argument is valid but only from your point of view and Kroenkes.
I think this is where we disagree. If ESL actually took off, Arsenal and the other clubs involved would have benefitted massively.

From a financial and status point of view (founding members can't get relegated ffs), Arsenal would have been in an amazing position.

It's the moral aspects, entertainment aspects, the competitive aspects - and the knock on effect on everyone in football outside this is where this proposal fell short. These are the things Kroenke doesn't care about - It was selfish.

The other teams in the league in this position takes this deal though I think, that's why I'm not too hard on Arsenal personally.

Rimaal

Questionable Taste
I think this is where we disagree. If ESL actually took off, Arsenal and the other clubs involved would have benefitted massively.

From a financial and status point of view (founding members can't get relegated ffs), Arsenal would have been in an amazing position.

It's the moral aspects, entertainment aspects, the competitive aspects - and the knock on effect on everyone in football outside this is where this proposal fell short. These are the things Kroenke doesn't care about - It was selfish.

The other teams in the league in this position takes this deal though I think, that's why I'm not too hard on Arsenal personally.

You're right. We definitely disagree.

Macho

Trusted
Arsenal got given an escape rope for their sh*tness from a chopper made of gold and the owner took it.

Then let go of the golden rope when he saw the world crying about it and the chopper getting shot at from all angles.

I'm really not sure how this situation could be seen in any other way? Or am I tripping?

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted
Arsenal got given an escape rope for their sh*tness from a chopper made of gold and the owner took it.

Then let go of the golden rope when he saw the world crying about it and the chopper getting shot at from all angles.

I'm really not sure how this situation could be seen in any other way? Or am I tripping?
Sounds like another Die Hard sequel ffs.

yorch44

Arteta also said he understood the logic and why they (they being himself and the players|) were not told, but first he said he found out just before the news was "leaked".

I watched the entire presser and all it left me with is a bad taste in my mouth.

"The ownership and everybody involved in the "process" all of them with the right intentions to defend the club and to put the club in the right position for now and for the future". He actually went on to use the words "genuine intentions". 🤣

"Trust the process"

I'm putting money on it: He was told the ESL was the ultimate goal when, or soon after, they signed him.

And please remember, this is the same man that asked the players to take a pay cut so staff would not be fired, and then watch as the entire scouting team was fired. Who needs scouting in the ESL?
Then he punished Özil for not agreeing. Lately Özil was right to not give them his money. He knew how corrupted this board is. He knew that money would not help the staff but the people on top of the club. So they axed him using the excuse of "football issues"

mirrorstare

At least he said something

Keeping a low profile for those questions was the right move to avoid fans asking the owners why on earth is he still here, wormed his way out of trouble basically.

Kav

It seems that Arteta knew more than he let on a few days ago when he was asked about the issue. He said at the time he didn’t know much about it. Yet today he says he was told about it before the leak. He knew some of the things about the plans. I can’t speak to how much he knew but he did give the impression when he was asked earlier in the week that all of the discussion around the Super League was news to him.

He’s definitely not someone to be trusted.

Iceman10

It seems that Arteta knew more than he let on a few days ago when he was asked about the issue. He said at the time he didn’t know much about it. Yet today he says he was told about it before the leak. He knew some of the things about the plans. I can’t speak to how much he knew but he did give the impression when he was asked earlier in the week that all of the discussion around the Super League was news to him.

He’s definitely not someone to be trusted.

Was about to say I am highly sceptical of public appearances of daylight between Arteta and the Kroenke's. It's mainly about soothing the anger to dissipate it.

Blood on the Tracks

You've got to firmly tread the line when you're a manager talking about your employers in public to journalists. He couldn't have really gone any further than he did.

It's makes me laugh when fans say he's a yes man, and in the next breath say how stubborn he is :lol:

Had a gander on Reddit on the thread about this and 95% of opposition fans are applauding him for what he said about the situation. In fact the top voted comment is saying how 'Bold' he was.

Papa Wonga

Tomorrow need's to be bedlam, we've heard it all before off social media in regards to arsenal fans..

"YEAH WE'RE GONNA PROTEST, **** YOUUU, YEAAAH THIS FRIDAY"

and only 10 turn up.

**** need's to happen, big time.