• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

TinFish

People blaming AFTV are the laziest and are just looking for an easy excuse for our demise.

They attend all Arsenal games all over the world. They are all fully kitted our in Arsenals endless supply of merch. They post videos of the aftermath regardless if they WIN or LOSE. I guess the ones where we lose generate more clicks for obvious reason and fair play to them. All other channels are trying to copy them anyway.

They just gained traction because of Arsenals laughable decline and the explosiveness of their rage. What they express in the heat of the moment is nothing different from the crap I hear in the stands when we were getting battered.

If anything, AFTV represents the true working class fan. Now people like Troopz on the other hand...

scytheavatar

Established Member
Blaming AFTV is blaming the symptoms of the disease, blaming the diarrhea rather than the AIDS. It is extremely hard to make a case that AFTV contributed to our terrible atmosphere as much as the Kroenkes did.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
You want to pretend that everything is AFTV's fault, that if AFTV was signing propaganda and praising Wenger he would still be our manager right now............. that's not how things work. Your Ornstein and other mainstream outlet were signing praises of Arteta and yet eventually fans turned on him one by one. There's a limit to how much you can do by sticking your head in the sand and pretending that real issues that need to be dealt with don't exist. The club wants AFTV to be all positive and not be able to profit from outrage? Easy way to do that, just win games and never lose them. AFTV can't be negative when that happens.

You're assuming a lot here, specially since I literally just told you two wrongs don't make a right, i.e., the club - or rather how it's run - is wrong as well.

It's a massive leap to think I'm *only* blaming AFTV, probably just as massive a leap as thinking that - because I don't like seeing a bunch of fake outrage people profit from the club and fans - I'm putting my head in the sand and pretending nothing is happening.

AFTV does not care about Arsenal. At all. They have been caught on a hot mic admiting they were in absolute elation that the team had lost.

If you want to pretend or believe that they do and that they're somehow a force for good, fine. I won't.

GLITCH

Tim Stillman's having a laugh. Arteta puts out the cones at City's training ground for a few years and all of a sudden was the next big thing?

I agree with his second tweet though and the below is what a few folks here need to hear:

squallman>Stillman, imo 😁

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
"Arteta wants his own players"

Right, I'm sure Cedric and Willian on frees and Ødegaard on loan were at the very top of his list. Lol.
Just because the bs owners couldn't cough up the cash doesn't mean he bought what he wanted.
He wanted those players. He signed off on those players.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

AFTV isn’t perfect but it’s the only real voice the fan base have really. A lot of idiots on there but I think they get far too much credit for the downfall of the club really this solely lies with KSE and the execs hired by them.

I will never forgive them for their treatment of Wenger, but that fury and disillusionment they felt with him was real. Not staged or whatever.

Are they an embarrassment for the fanbase? Ofcourse.
Is AFTV more evil than Sky sports, Talksport and all the other major British broadcasters and media outlets? It’s a resounding no tbh.

If anyone actually watched AFTV this season you would know they have for the most part been fully behind this bs Arteta process. Blaming Bellerin, Xhaka, the quality of the squad, VAR and refs for our misfortunes this season - largely echoing a lot of opinions on this forum.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
AFTV isn’t perfect but it’s the only real voice the fan base have really. A lot of idiots on there but I think they get far too much credit for the downfall of the club really this solely lies with KSE and the execs hired by them.

I will never forgive them for their treatment of Wenger, but that fury and disillusionment they felt with him was real. Not staged or whatever.

Are they an embarrassment for the fanbase? Ofcourse.
Is AFTV more evil than Sky sports, Talksport and all the other major British broadcasters and media outlets? It’s a resounding no tbh.

If anyone actually watched AFTV this season you would know they have for the most part been fully behind this bs Arteta process. Blaming Bellerin, Xhaka, the quality of the squad, VAR and refs for our misfortunes this season - largely echoing a lot of opinions on this forum.
The thing with AFTV is that they all come across as deeply cringeworthy and unintelligent. I kind of feel like anyone whose opinion of the state of Arsenal could in anyway be influenced by those characters must also be deeply unintelligent. Similarly, any employee of the club at any level influenced by them is extraordinarily fragile upstairs. These are not the kind of people you trouble yourself over. These are the kind of people whose absolute on camera ceiling should be extras in a Guy Ritchie movie or non speaking roles where Ricky Gervais takes the piss out of their appearance.

They're clowns whose popularity is probably much bigger among people who support other clubs but want to have a laugh. They don't really influence anything and the idea that they do is just kind of a pathetic excuse that the aforementioned weak individuals at the club have turned into a narrative for the consumption of naive supporters.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Was nothing wrong with AFTV in the beginning, its when you have the same bums chatting sh1t every week for their own egos. The decline started a decade or so ago and the fans needed to vent somewhere.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
People blaming AFTV are the laziest and are just looking for an easy excuse for our demise.

They attend all Arsenal games all over the world. They are all fully kitted our in Arsenals endless supply of merch. They post videos of the aftermath regardless if they WIN or LOSE. I guess the ones where we lose generate more clicks for obvious reason and fair play to them. All other channels are trying to copy them anyway.

They just gained traction because of Arsenals laughable decline and the explosiveness of their rage. What they express in the heat of the moment is nothing different from the crap I hear in the stands when we were getting battered.

If anything, AFTV represents the true working class fan. Now people like Troopz on the other hand...
@Troopz is a decent forum member. Don't be rude.

Wiggins

Take this with a grain of salt, but I'm told that Ek is considering including AFTV in the takeover bid. One of the ideas being tossed about at the moment is: cleaning the slate of the lot of them, to be replaced with 'The Bully-Gunnersaurus Arsenal Hour', amongst other things. I know I'd watch that.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'd be more inclined to agree with his stance on the squad, if he didn't bring in Willian, Mari, Cedric, bring back Ceballos and bring Elneny back from the wilderness while constantly showing faith in Lacazette, Holding, Bellerin, etc.

Like others have pointed out if he was using the young lads all season then it could be a legitimate excuse, if he had Willock, Saliba, etc in there with Martinelli starting more than he has done. Balogun getting more chances, he could probably say the team is developing and needs time. But he's used guys clearly not good enough in their prime years or very experienced time and time again when anyone else could've told him they weren't good enough.

The squad does need changing and improving, but given his record Arteta can't really be trusted with bringing in the right players.

Top Bottom