• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Vicki

He will prob need 250 million from the kroenkes to get somewhere near the squad he wants. Lucky to get 60-80 million in the summer. I don't think he only needs new players but very high quality players (technically and physically excellent) that will cost more than what we get for players leaving
I think he'll get 156 million english pounds to spend.

I have heard that he'll buy new, very high quality players, who are technically as well as physically excellent.

You're welcome.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Man United haven't properly competed for nine seasons. A self sustaining model can allow for title challenges if the manager is talented. We had that here but he was wrongfully hounded out by thick fans. The best approach for Arsenal is stability, so long as we find a knowledgeable coach.
Without investment from the owners it’s game over. We needed funding to pay for Partey. Imagine how big our budget is going to be this year with no European football, large annual losses, massive wages for undeserving older players,no crowds and a team only good enough to finish 8th.

Vicki

Off with you to the nearest red corner, Johnnie.
You love it, you're not fooling me!

TBH I had to go for a long run to cool off yesterday morning.
Nothing like a good, long run in the woods to stop thinking about...

...well, to stop thinking about flirting with an eloquent, sophisticated, and extremely astute Arsenal supporter on the internet...

Yeah, it didn't work...

SloK3cL.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

Pulp

You think Stan knows who David Luiz is?
You think they ( Edu and Vinai ) asked Josh?
The most he did was rubber-stamp a memo

One of the problems is that the Kroenke's have left the running of their British Franchise to Vinai and Edu. The imminent arrival of Garlick doesn't fill me with confidence either.
I don't believe the Kroenkes know much about football at all. But I remember reading that everything needed approval, like transfers and such.

I do agree with you that the structure that is set up at the moment is not a good one. But don't worry, we'll probably get a new 45 minute video on how Garlick will unlock the full potential of the club

Vicki

I don't believe the Kroenkes know much about football at all. But I remember reading that everything needed approval, like transfers and such.

I do agree with you that the structure that is set up at the moment is not a good one. But don't worry, we'll probably get a new 45 minute video on how Garlick will unlock the full potential of the club
'Needing approval' I believe 100%

In practise though Vinai and Edu and the incoming Garlick are doing their jobs and have an allotted budget. They send their reports to Josh, and he - dependent on the costs - agrees or not.
At the end of the season/financial year/quarterly/monthly they look at results, and then act accordingly.

Their American teams are all getting massive TV monies. The NFL just signed a deal for $113 billion over 11 years, guaranteeing each team $321m a season ( £227m )
Arsenal are getting TV money from being in the PL. That's not changing any time soon.
This is the Ambition - stay in the PL until another go at the European Super League happens.

Garlick sunk Albion, btw. Heard nothing good about him at all.

Arteta will be given the Summer transfer window for him and Edu to get in his players and remove the players he doesn't want.
He will then be judged quarterly ( ? )
He's here til October at the very least.

And even if he goes in November the beige mediocrity will continue.
For ever and ever.

And ever.

This is it.

It's not going to change.

Ever.

GoonerJay24

Without investment from the owners it’s game over. We needed funding to pay for Partey. Imagine how big our budget is going to be this year with no European football, large annual losses, massive wages for undeserving older players,no crowds and a team only good enough to finish 8th.
Obviously, a little funding is necessary to instill good competitive cultures. But stability with a top coach at the helm has proven to be the best approach, i.e. Ferguson and Wenger. This isn't an 8th place side with an experienced manager, no way. It's clear where our problems lie at Arsenal.

Vicki

Obviously, a little funding is necessary to instill good competitive cultures. But stability with a top coach at the helm has proven to be the best approach, i.e. Ferguson and Wenger. This isn't an 8th place side with an experienced manager, no way. It's clear where our problems lie at Arsenal.
or you can play 'Pretty Woman' and have a sugar daddy shower you with riches, or so I've heard

How romantic! :love:
9d5013725f798699d0cd10de85ee574c.jpg

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

A little funding!!! This squad needs 6players off the bat and 3 when players leave after that. To get top 4 it needs about 100-150M. To title challenge maybe 300-400M. That's to compete with city and Chelsea.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
To get top 4 it needs about 100-150M
Nah, we've had big investments and still didn't matter. The club needs someone who knows what to do with the money and how to make things better, everything else is just gonna be a waste of time and money. You look into the last 5 years and think about how much money we wasted on salaries and transfers, it's unreal.

That's nothing specific to Arteta and Edu really, but it would be a lie to say they are spending money wisely. That's probably a reason why I can't trust them.

Luckily for all, our neglected academy managed to produced players worth more than 200M within the last few seasons, but I'm sure we'll find a way how to waste all of it to fund contracts for 30+y old rejects and failed transfers. Only complete idiots like Arteta and Edu will sign players in their 30's or Mari's and Cedric's while the academy and youth recruitment are printing talents like there's no tomorrow

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
I’m all for the stability model although finding a top coach who can do what Wenger and Ferguson did is highly unlikely. Anyway no matter who comes in this squad needs proper investment. This is not 2009 when you can lose your best players but it’s ok because you only need to beat Aston Villa to a CL spot. Clubs like Everton, Leicester and Sp**s expect to play CL football these days and they have the squads for it while the other established clubs have all got their sh1t together and will be investing even more to build on already good sides. The only way out of this is to spend money.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Nah, we've had big investments and still didn't matter. The club needs someone who knows what to do with the money and how to make things better, everything else is just gonna be a waste of time and money. You look into the last 5 years and think about how much money we wasted on salaries and transfers, it's unreal.

That's nothing specific to Arteta and Edu really, but it would be a lie to say they are spending money wisely. That's probably a reason why I can't trust them.

Luckily for all, our neglected academy managed to produced players worth more than 200M within the last few seasons, but I'm sure we'll find a way how to waste all of it to fund contracts for 30+y old rejects and failed transfers. Only complete idiots like Arteta and Edu will sign players in their 30's or Mari's and Cedric's while the academy and youth recruitment are printing talents like there's no tomorrow

They've spent £75M so far on Gabriel and Partey. They know what we need.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
So you gonna ignore all the rubbish contracts they've signed? That's also money being wasted, and our wage budget is probably the main reason why we can't do bigger moves on the market. It's bloated with contracts for rubbish players, and they've added a few more of those to it.

Anyway, as I'm saying, I don't think the 2 of them are only to blame as we've had issues before them.

What worries me is the way Arteta handles young players, which seems to be the only functional unit of this club. He ruins that, and we're gonna cement our mid table position for some time because of his stupidity, and once that's done, it won't matter if he gets sacked or not

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
So you gonna ignore all the rubbish contracts they've signed? That's also money being wasted, and our wage budget is probably the main reason why we can't do bigger moves on the market. It's bloated with contracts for rubbish players, and they've added a few more of those to it.

Anyway, as I'm saying, I don't think the 2 of them are only to blame as we've had issues before them.

What worries me is the way Arteta handles young players, which seems to be the only functional unit of this club. He ruins that, and we're gonna cement our mid table position for some time because of his stupidity, and once that's done, it won't matter if he gets sacked or not

I couldn't care less. In every summer window you're always going to get one or two duds. However in terms of CASH BUYS, they've done very well so far and I trust them with cash purchases. Just because they were forced to sign a couple of players for free due to lack of funds doesn't mean they're terrible at what they do. Idiotic to think that.

GoonerJay24

A little funding!!! This squad needs 6players off the bat and 3 when players leave after that. To get top 4 it needs about 100-150M. To title challenge maybe 300-400M. That's to compete with city and Chelsea.
Well I disagree with that. I don't think this squad needs 6 players to finish above Everton and West Ham. Emery's squad reached 71 points and was worse than this one. I don't want us spending £300m in a season, ever.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Well I disagree with that. I don't think this squad needs 6 players to finish above Everton and West Ham. Emery's squad reached 71 points and was worse than this one. I don't want us spending £300m in a season, ever.

At least 5 players are needed. Backup left back, Ryan permanently, CM, creative player and a right back. That's the bare minimum to finish top 4.

GoonerJay24

I’m all for the stability model although finding a top coach who can do what Wenger and Ferguson did is highly unlikely. Anyway no matter who comes in this squad needs proper investment. This is not 2009 when you can lose your best players but it’s ok because you only need to beat Aston Villa to a CL spot. Clubs like Everton, Leicester and Sp**s expect to play CL football these days and they have the squads for it while the other established clubs have all got their sh1t together and will be investing even more to build on already good sides. The only way out of this is to spend money.
Yes finding another Ferguson or Wenger is difficult but there are far superior managers than Arteta. He lacks the experience alongside certain personal qualities and basic tactical acumen for this job.

Well we don't have to accept that way if we're smart, build the team around our Hale End boys with a talented manager in charge and making smart signings only. If Everton continually spend but never reach Europa, what will happen to them?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
It's not about the amount of money spent. It's how we'll you spend it.

For what we paid for Pepe we could have signed similar players to Castagne 26m, Maddison 20m, Ndidi 17-20m, and still had change.

For what we spent on Mustafi and Xhaka we could have had Kante and VVD as it was clear he was a top defender even at Celtic never mind Soton.

Instead of throwing 50m on Partey could a scout not have been looking at the likes of Bissouma thinking he has all the qualities we require for half of the price? Or even make a play for Declan rice who may have cost abit more than Partey but the deal would have been structured a lot better for us.

Even Hojberg at Sp**s was cheap. 15m and is solid.

Max Aarons and Buendia did decent enough in the PL in a **** team. They have been brilliant in the championship. When Norwich were relegated there was an option there to probably get the both of them for 40m. But instead we are throwing 30m on a young centre back who can't get a game for us. It's just poor business year after year.

GoonerJay24

At least 5 players are needed. Backup left back, Ryan permanently, CM, creative player and a right back. That's the bare minimum to finish top 4.
Yes I agree especially left back and CM, badly need depth in these roles. But you can't trust Arteta to work with players; too much inexperience and rash decision making.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
It's not about the amount of money spent. It's how we'll you spend it.

For what we paid for Pepe we could have signed similar players to Castagne 26m, Maddison 20m, Ndidi 17-20m, and still had change.

For what we spent on Mustafi and Xhaka we could have had Kante and VVD as it was clear he was a top defender even at Celtic never mind Soton.

Instead of throwing 50m on Partey could a scout not have been looking at the likes of Bissouma thinking he has all the qualities we require for half of the price? Or even make a play for Declan rice who may have cost abit more than Partey but the deal would have been structured a lot better for us.

Max Aarons and Buendia did decent enough in the PL in a **** team. They have been brilliant in the championship. When Norwich were relegated there was an option there to probably get the both of them for 40m. But instead we are throwing 30m on a young centre back who can't get a game for us. It's just poor business year after year.

Talking specifically Edu and Teta windows.

Top Bottom