• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Like I proved, they really didn’t outspend us by much. And our team was still much better than theirs. We should have won more than we did. Wenger underachieved, even when he had money. And with the team we had we certainly should have won the Champions league, let alone the uefa cup.
I've been lurking this forum on and off for the last ten years. In that time I've seen some terrible takes but today is the day I had to register to comment because this thread is by far the worst thing I've ever seen in this forum.

People claiming that Ferguson didn't spend much? What kind of garbage hot take is this. You're saying 70 million isn't much of a difference?

Let's put that in perspective. In 2000 the world record transfer fee was 37 million. So Ferguson outspent Wenger by twice the world record transfer fee. In today's terms that would be the equivalent of 400 million pounds. Would you consider 400 million not much of a difference?

Also you need to take net spend into consideration (transfers in minus transfers out), since Wenger would have needed to make big sales to generate the cash flow needed to make purchases, something Ferguson didn't need to worry about.

Between 1998 and 2003 Wenger had a net spent 21 million. In that same 5 year period Ferguson had a net spend of 140 million. Meaning Ferguson was able to outspend Wenger by 7 times!

Between 2009 and 2014 Man City had a net spend of 441.5 million Euros. In that same period Man United had a net spend of 125.2 million euros. So Man City outspent Man United by 3.5 times.

Ferguson was buying the league before Man City was even a thing. In fact the advantage he had over Wenger was double that of Man City and their unlimited oil budget!

Would anyone here claim Pellegrini was a frugal tactical genius for winning the league? Because if Ferguson is a genius for besting Wenger by outspending him 7 to 1 than Pellegrini is the undisputed GOAT manager of the premier league.

Ferguson spent the equivalent of 2/3 of the world's transfer record on a defender in 2002. So in today's terms he spent 130 million in a defender. He absolutely had a massive financial advantage over Wenger. Yet the clowns on here are claiming that Ferguson and Wenger were in equal financial footing.

You'd think with Maxingtrax providing weekly lectures on football economics the anti-Wenger clowns on here would finally have an understanding on it but alas here we are.

GoonerJay24

It's because of Arsenal going from one of the best teams in the country to consecutive 8th place finishes. Add in the humiliating results over the years, some of the clown players and selling our best players all the time made Arsenal fans turn on the club. It's easy to blame the media or the fans or whatever but it's mainly because Arsenal aren't what they were after building this huge stadium and paying most money.

You guys who consider yourself smart are just the type to parrot whatever Arseblog or Gunnerblog say and think it makes you more enlightened because you get on your high horse about being positive and optimistic while we're dropping down and getting worse each season.

I don't even know those bloggers well and have never read their content. There's a divide amongst Arsenal fans, and some are clearly more enlightened than others or are at least willing to view things from a balanced perspective.

Anyone whose researched Arsenal and English football properly will see this media agenda has ensued since Arsenal or Woolwich Arsenal back then, first became members of the football league. The supporters who've turned on the club for not winning big trophies since 2004; you can sympathize with their anger but they are truly lacking perspective towards Arsenal's economical situation and the transformed footballing landscape.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The club has been on a downwards trajectory for some time now. It really started under Wenger and it isn’t until now I think things are being done to really rectify the issues. It will be a longer journey though. At least we are seeing some squad reshuffling with underachieving players leaving. Not sure that Arteta and Edu are up for the job, but I for one feel somewhat optimistic.
Wrong. There was no decline under Wenger until the gimps took him out with their planes, ranting, protests and boycotts. 1996 to 2015/16 he over performed for his spend by any metric you care to name.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I've been lurking this forum on and off for the last ten years. In that time I've seen some terrible takes but today is the day I had to register to comment because this thread is by far the worst thing I've ever seen in this forum.

People claiming that Ferguson didn't spend much? What kind of garbage hot take is this. You're saying 70 million isn't much of a difference?

Let's put that in perspective. In 2000 the world record transfer fee was 37 million. So Ferguson outspent Wenger by twice the world record transfer fee. In today's terms that would be the equivalent of 400 million pounds. Would you consider 400 million not much of a difference?

Also you need to take net spend into consideration (transfers in minus transfers out), since Wenger would have needed to make big sales to generate the cash flow needed to make purchases, something Ferguson didn't need to worry about.

Between 1998 and 2003 Wenger had a net spent 21 million. In that same 5 year period Ferguson had a net spend of 140 million. Meaning Ferguson was able to outspend Wenger by 7 times!

Between 2009 and 2014 Man City had a net spend of 441.5 million Euros. In that same period Man United had a net spend of 125.2 million euros. So Man City outspent Man United by 3.5 times.

Ferguson was buying the league before Man City was even a thing. In fact the advantage he had over Wenger was double that of Man City and their unlimited oil budget!

Would anyone here claim Pellegrini was a frugal tactical genius for winning the league? Because if Ferguson is a genius for besting Wenger by outspending him 7 to 1 than Pellegrini is the undisputed GOAT manager of the premier league.

Ferguson spent the equivalent of 2/3 of the world's transfer record on a defender in 2002. So in today's terms he spent 130 million in a defender. He absolutely had a massive financial advantage over Wenger. Yet the clowns on here are claiming that Ferguson and Wenger were in equal financial footing.

You'd think with Maxingtrax providing weekly lectures on football economics the anti-Wenger clowns on here would finally have an understanding on it but alas here we are.
Nice to be appreciated bro 👍

The trouble is these posters were sucked in by the Wenger Out hype and aren't capable of thinking for themselves.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Friend, don't mind Manberg. He thinks Xhaka is better than Viera.

That should tell you all you need to know.

El Duderino

Can we please move on from the Wenger talk tho? Specially because Manberg admitted he brought it up to bait/troll Trax?

My suggestion would be to have a thread buried in some long forgotten subforum and just move the posts there whenever someone tries to bring up Arsène as a whataboutims tactic to avoid talking about this thread's focus, which is Arteta. Same goes for trying to compare Ferguson to Mikel.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Can we please move on from the Wenger talk tho? Specially because Manberg admitted he brought it up to bait/troll Trax?
You think he went to the trouble of actually finding all that data just to troll? The man/woman believes every word of that nonsense. :lol:

El Duderino

You think he went to the trouble of actually finding all that data just to troll? The man/woman believes every word of that nonsense. :lol:

Apparently he is on the spectrum (I'm not even joking and it's the one thing I take him at his word), so maybe that could have something to do with it?

I'm not knowledgeable about it to say.

Of course that only excuses him so much. Plus, you shouldn't take the bait like that every time Trax.

You know this. It just derails things even further.

I'm tired, Robbie.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Apparently he is on the spectrum (I'm not even joking and it's the one thing I take him at his word), so maybe that could have something to do with it?

I'm not knowledgeable about it to say.

Of course that only excuses him so much. Plus, you shouldn't take the bait like that every time Trax.

You know this. It just derails things even further.

I'm tired, Robbie.
You think all these posters blaming Arsène for the mess we’re currently in are on the spectrum or baiting, or just Manberg/Theresa? There’s a fairly long list of them over the last 100 pages of this thread, I thought using it to defend the allegations that Arteta might not be very good. But perhaps I’m wrong. :lol:

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Don’t forget that Wenger had a lot of agency in all of this! Both in bringing Kroenke in and in how the club was run overall. Wenger also gave a lot of cover for poor decisions that might or might not have been his solely. That things got toxic at the end is also in large part on him.
Eh? When has a football manager ever decided who a football club should be sold to and how it should be run?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wenger was the only guy stopping us from not going downhill years ago. Midtable as soon as he left despite spending record amounts on transfers and chopping/changing the structure EVERY season since he left.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
The club (management) has invested the 5th most money in this squad. So there's your standard.

If you buy poorly or coach badly you'll finish below that. If you buy well and coach well, like Arsène did for years, you'll finish above that.

8th is pretty bad and shows there are problems. The only intelligent debate stems around 'having seen these rookies working for a year or so, do they show signs of making good decisions to give you a feeling they might improve'?

Personally, I've seen very little to give me any encouragement.
I think thats a fair point but the fact is arteta inherited a bang average bloated squad & has come into a club without leadershp or direction.
He has got rid of some deadwood& should be given a chance to build.
An inexperienced manager who has just had to deal with a freak season & in only 18 months at the helm has won the fa cup and got to the semi in Europa.
League has been disappointing but i like the fact that he proved he can overcome a really bad patch which will imo can stand him in good stead as a manager.
Since xmas results have improved FACT so that gives me encouragement we can & will finish higher in the league next season.
You must give him next season.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
I think thats a fair point but the fact is arteta inherited a bang average bloated squad & has come into a club without leadershp or direction.
He has got rid of some deadwood& should be given a chance to build.
An inexperienced manager who has just had to deal with a freak season & in only 18 months at the helm has won the fa cup and got to the semi in Europa.
League has been disappointing but i like the fact that he proved he can overcome a really bad patch which will imo can stand him in good stead as a manager.
Since xmas results have improved FACT so that gives me encouragement we can & will finish higher in the league next season.
You must give him next season.
villareal was after xmas

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
The restructing job should have been done gradially piece py piece i think whilst Wenger was still here.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Arsenal are a laughing stock today, not an elite club, not involved in elite games, not even linked with elite players never mind sign any, that’s all the fault of Kroenke.

His ownership has been dreadful. Nobody is saying throw all your money into the club and sign 100M rated players, look at what Leicester have done? An owner who is invested and put a system and structure in place that allows for profits and competition.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Wenger wanted to leave after winning the FA Cup and these clueless clowns asked him to stay.

Absolutely embarrassing club. You are laughed at today when you tell someone you support Arsenal. Now you even have to hear London is Blue.

Dead club, it’s sad, but it’s over.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Wenger wanted to leave after winning the FA Cup and these clueless clowns asked him to stay.

Absolutely embarrassing club. You are laughed at today when you tell someone you support Arsenal. Now you even have to hear London is Blue.

Dead club, it’s sad, but it’s over.

A true supporter never stops backing the club when it rains.

I wish that guy all the best.

I am off at the expiry of my contract

Top Bottom