• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Sure of course it was a disappointing result. These things happen It was a cup tie and couldve gone either way. We hit the post twice in the 2nd leg.

League results way better after xmas after a poor start & most people are judging the season on that.
it showed the manager in a very poor light. he got exposed totally.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Eh? When has a football manager ever decided who a football club should be sold to and how it should be run?
There is a difference between having agency and being the sole decision maker. Trust the difference is clear. Happy to discuss that point, but not the one you make.

Last edited:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

If you read Arsène's book you will understand how it emotionally broke him over the last 2 years.
I have not read his book. Might order it actually. Put some money in the good professors pocket and even more in Jeff Bezos’… Take it that it is: “My Life and Lessons in Red and White”, correct?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Wrong. There was no decline under Wenger until the gimps took him out with their planes, ranting, protests and boycotts. 1996 to 2015/16 he over performed for his spend by any metric you care to name.
I don’t agree, but we have been down this road before! This also doesn’t not mean that I think everything is great now, not that Wenger wasn’t a great manager for us and that, yes, he over performed for a very long period.

Dj_sds -

Can we please move on from the Wenger talk tho? Specially because Manberg admitted he brought it up to bait/troll Trax?

My suggestion would be to have a thread buried in some long forgotten subforum and just move the posts there whenever someone tries to bring up Arsène as a whataboutims tactic to avoid talking about this thread's focus, which is Arteta. Same goes for trying to compare Ferguson to Mikel.

Seems a bit harsh to banish @Makingtrax

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think thats a fair point but the fact is arteta inherited a bang average bloated squad & has come into a club without leadershp or direction.
He has got rid of some deadwood& should be given a chance to build.
An inexperienced manager who has just had to deal with a freak season & in only 18 months at the helm has won the fa cup and got to the semi in Europa.
League has been disappointing but i like the fact that he proved he can overcome a really bad patch which will imo can stand him in good stead as a manager.
Since xmas results have improved FACT so that gives me encouragement we can & will finish higher in the league next season.
You must give him next season.
Fair enough bro, you seeing positives. I just hope you're right.

But I don't think 5th, 6th or 7th is acceptable when Emery was booted out for not being top4 or Arsène for not winning the league. Arteta is paid millions and shouldn't be a special case for much longer.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Let's see how the transfer window pans out and how we get on in the first few games of the season. Views on Arteta do seem to fluctuate quite a bit based on current form. I think we can all be a little reactionary at times. It's the curse of being a football fan :lol:

One thing I haven't seen discussed much on the status of Arteta as manager is the fixture list. He needs to show some good results right off the bat next season so it would be helpful if we got a kind list of fixtures for the first month / 6 weeks. Get some nice momentum built up.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Move it next to the Özil thread! That is where I hang out. Plus we can put the Granite Slab thread there also once he moves to Roma! It'll be the absolute place to hang out! We'll have Ian Dury as background music! It'll be complete! :thumbsup:

gee...give the hate a rest ... you should apply to Kroenke for a position ... lots of trolling talent there.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Fair enough bro, you seeing positives. I just hope you're right.

But I don't think 5th, 6th or 7th is acceptable when Emery was booted out for not being top4 or Arsène for not winning the league. Arteta is paid millions and shouldn't be a special case for much longer.
There is too much negativity, so would sooner be glass half full bud. I think we need to re-evaluate where we are as a club because at the moment we are in massive transition so because of that i am prepared to give the manager time though I understand peoples frustrations & why others may not feel so patient
I think Arsène got moved on simply because it was widely considered his best days were behind him & it was time for a change.
I think importantly the dressing room as well as the fan base had lost faith in Unai.
Sacking managers every 18 months is imho no way to run a football club & certainly not what i would want or expect from Arsenal.

shoot for the top

There is too much negativity, so would sooner be glass half full bud. I think we need to re-evaluate where we are as a club because at the moment we are in massive transition so because of that i am prepared to give the manager time though I understand peoples frustrations & why others may not feel so patient
I think Arsène got moved on simply because it was widely considered his best days were behind him & it was time for a change.
I think importantly the dressing room as well as the fan base had lost faith in Unai.
Sacking managers every 18 months is imho no way to run a football club & certainly not what i would want or expect from Arsenal.
What a load of nonsense, who doesn't sack a manager when they aren't performing? Lampard was sacked. Mourinho was sacked. Arteta should be no exception.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I understand your position bro, but this is still about double standards, can't you see.

Unai was sacked after 18 months because 'people had lost faith in him'. But with Arteta, even though he's done a lot worse, 'we can't be sacking managers every 18 months'. And don't start me on Arsène.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

gee...give the hate a rest ... you should apply to Kroenke for a position ... lots of trolling talent there.
Since we already established your age in a different thread I’d give you some life advice. What does develop over time is a sense of humor as well as the ability to not take oneself too serious.

GDeep™

League is very weak
That leadership group can really be improved on for sure! I’d put Tierney and Saka on there. Two players with the right mentality!
I prefer the old school way, where the manager looks around and picks his captain.

The other issue, you’re saying put “x” in there, but the leadership group is selected by fellow players, so it’s a popularity contest really.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I prefer the old school way, where the manager looks around and picks his captain.

The other issue, you’re saying put “x” in there, but the leadership group is selected by fellow players, so it’s a popularity contest really.
“Leadership group” is quite a misnomer then. Anyhow, doubt that at least Tierney will be voted in then, Scottish accent, Tesco bag and all.

Top Bottom