• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Worst part of this forum, sometimes I’ll be reading the first few lines and think how awful it is and realsie it’s riou and it all makes sense.

I'm so sorry Riou, but I literally burst out laughing when I read this comment.

BigPoppaPump you cruel b@stard.

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I'm so sorry Riou, but I literally burst out laughing when I read this comment.

BigPoppaPump you cruel b@stard.

That wasn't bad...but his best insult to me, was after I had a go at Tony Hawk...it was both funny, plus it was the only time you could tell he was genuinely a little bit angry at me, so he meant it in a way :lol:

TornadoTed

Established Member
Indeed, though not all 5ths are made equal. If it's a 5th where our results belie our performances then you can make a good argument for sacking him. That is it needs to be a 5th where our performance level is rather high and you can see that we are progressing as a club, and that the project is moving in a promising way.
This is my take. I would 100% back Mikel if we finished 5th or 6th, were in contention for 4th for the majority of the season, played some good football but ultimately missed out because of a bit of inconsistency or naivety. We have a very young squad and I could easily excuse that.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
The reason most sensible people in the media back him is that they are not unhinged/emotionally like many folk on the internet seem to be these days :thumbsup: .
They can see that he is a rookie manager & the squad needed a massive overhaul.
" 2 summer windows is the absolute minimum time to make changes and get closer to what the manager wants.

Im all for giving young managers a chance.

I actually dont think clubs should be able to sack a manager mid season.
It creates a toxic environment. You only need to look at certain types on here hoping he is sacked before xmas.:no:

Say the club had stuck with Unai & he had finished 14th we may have a different view.
I kinda felt sorry for unai. He had probably lost the dressing room but i always think replacing a manager mid season lacks class.

Top 4 is really tough because the standard is now so high and lets be honest Sp**s/Leicester both overtook us while Arsène was still here.

Peoples expectations are based on successful seasons. Sp**s fans think they now should be nailed on top 4/title challengers, they have finished above us for the last 5 years or so after years of mediocrity and no silverware.
Leicester now expect to finish top 6.
The current top 4 will feel they have failed if they drop out. THEY HAVE SPENT MASSIVELY and all have far better squads than we do.

I think Arteta will do fine given the chance if he gets to bring in decent players.
But i am realistic and so dont expect a manager to walk in & overachieve.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The reason most sensible people in the media back him is that they are not unhinged/emotionally like many folk on the internet seem to be these days :thumbsup: .
They can see that he is a rookie manager & the squad needed a massive overhaul.
" 2 summer windows is the absolute minimum time to make changes and get closer to what the manager wants.

Im all for giving young managers a chance.

I actually dont think clubs should be able to sack a manager mid season.
It creates a toxic environment. You only need to look at certain types on here hoping he is sacked before xmas.:no:

Say the club had stuck with Unai & he had finished 14th we may have a different view.
I kinda felt sorry for unai. He had probably lost the dressing room but i always think replacing a manager mid season lacks class.

Top 4 is really tough because the standard is now so high and lets be honest Sp**s/Leicester both overtook us while Arsène was still here.

Peoples expectations are based on successful seasons. Sp**s fans think they now should be nailed on top 4/title challengers, they have finished above us for the last 5 years or so after years of mediocrity and no silverware.
Leicester now expect to finish top 6.
The current top 4 will feel they have failed if they drop out. THEY HAVE SPENT MASSIVELY and all have far better squads than we do.

I think Arteta will do fine given the chance if he gets to bring in decent players.
Already making excuses for him next season :lol:

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
According to the fixtures ticker, Arsenal are on top over the first 19 games for fixture favourability. Lets see where we are.
Having the premier league champions and the champions league winners in the first 3 games is a nightmare. Nvm we're slow on transfers and the team wont have gelled.

blrgooner

Established Member
This is the most important thing for me. I do see that Arteta has his flaws. I also am realistic and I don`t think that I can be sure that a different manager would get us to challenging for the top 4. Also we are not likely to get a manager tries to get as many points as possible and also ensure that he plays the players fans want him to play and .also get the team playing great football. So in a hypothetical situation that we have a new manager without a squad overhaul, I think odds are that we will end up having the exact same discussion next year with many people calling for the sack of the new manager.
All this comes from a sense of entitlement that because we are the Arsenal, we are supposed to be among the top 4 teams. Sp**s suffered a lot from this and used to have a managerial merry-go-round until they lucked out with Potch who actually took them to another level. I think they had 6 managers in 6 years IIRC.
For me, Arteta deserves a chance because of the fact that after a horrendous start, we actually showed pretty good form for an extended period last season. I thought quite a lot of aspects on which we improved was coaching related too.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I honestly believe we have no chance at top four. Anything above 6th would be an achievement, the squad just isn't strong enough.

Latest posts

Top Bottom