Mikel Arteta: Mid-table Mikel

On a scale from 1-10 (the most), how much faith do you have in Arteta?

Results are only viewable after voting.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted
Lets give our new manager a chance eh? See how it pans out over the season? Let the past be the past? What do you think brother? Are you with me?
I'm vengeful that's what I am.

Everyone was saying that having some players out of the team would fix everything. Now it ain't getting fixed.

Riou

A-M's Resident Jobber
Kos? He would be a machine had Wenger totally ignored attacking and parked the bus like Arteta does.

Imagine Kos in a team with defenders all around him, everyone behind the ball and 3 midfielders sitting in front of him.

Disagree...Kos didn't have the mentality to play well in a low block, his mental lapses would have seen him make a mistake every game basically.

Big Wengz used him perfectly, in a high line in a ball possession team...his speed was perfect for that.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted
I am staying quietly optimistic that Arteta will eventually try out the front 4 which against Sheffield looked really threatening for a 20m period, which gave us flashbacks to Wenger ball a little. I feel like it is the right formation to play in easy games or games vs teams who are playing quite defensively like we saw yesterday:

----------Saka---------Auba------------Pepe---------
-----------------------Willian--------------------------

In this formation both the wingers are capable of scoring goals and putting in good deliveries. The 3 players surrounding Auba can link up and take players on, covering for Aubameyang's poor ability on the ball.
Behind them we can play Partey and Ceballos who can both sit and take turns joining the attack if needed.

In more tougher games we can make this more of a solid midfield, a 3 man midfield:

------Willian-------Auba-----------Pepe----------
------Saka--------Thomas-------Ceballos-------

This would make us more hard to break down but still dynamic going forward. Saka would be in the midfield as he is capable of acting like a left sided midfield player and can even cover KT at left back if needed. If required Xhaka/Elneny could play in the place of Ceballos.

By playing these two set ups, our striker wont need to be the false 9 type and we could get the best out of our strikers. Nketiah would suddenly be more useful as an option. Martinelli would be able to play there when he returns too. Lacazette's career here starting in the PL should be over.

You’re more hopeful than I am. Arteta seems to be a bit of a control freak. He needs to relax and enjoy football like a fan a bit.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
I am staying quietly optimistic that Arteta will eventually try out the front 4 which against Sheffield looked really threatening for a 20m period, which gave us flashbacks to Wenger ball a little. I feel like it is the right formation to play in easy games or games vs teams who are playing quite defensively like we saw yesterday:

----------Saka---------Auba------------Pepe---------
-----------------------Willian--------------------------

In this formation both the wingers are capable of scoring goals and putting in good deliveries. The 3 players surrounding Auba can link up and take players on, covering for Aubameyang's poor ability on the ball.
Behind them we can play Partey and Ceballos who can both sit and take turns joining the attack if needed.

In more tougher games we can make this more of a solid midfield, a 3 man midfield:

------Willian-------Auba-----------Pepe----------
------Saka--------Thomas-------Ceballos-------

This would make us more hard to break down but still dynamic going forward. Saka would be in the midfield as he is capable of acting like a left sided midfield player and can even cover KT at left back if needed. If required Xhaka/Elneny could play in the place of Ceballos.

By playing these two set ups, our striker wont need to be the false 9 type and we could get the best out of our strikers. Nketiah would suddenly be more useful as an option. Martinelli would be able to play there when he returns too. Lacazette's career here starting in the PL should be over.
——Willian——Martinelli——Pepe————
———Saka———Partey——Ceballos———
—Tierney—Saliba——Gabriel——Bellerin—
——————————Leno——————————

Gunners1616

ElQq8scXUAAN0pc

Manberg

Predator
I still remember Ramsey near single handedly rescuing many points for Emery, and things falling off a cliff after Ramsey got injured.

Arteta wanted Aouar and did not get his man.

kash2

Obsessed With Jury
And former Gunners captain Koscielny has backed Özil in the furore surrounding his future, telling L'Equipe via Sport Witness: 'As a man, he's a very good person, who got along with all his team-mates.

'He gave a lot, helped sick children. He is a generous person, with whom I got along very well. As a player, he is in my opinion a phenomenon. He can find passes that no one sees, he's a maestro. He can rock a game with incredible passes.'

Koscielny - who played with Özil at the Emirates between 2013 and 2019 - went onto add that the midfielder is a 'real talent' that would only help Arsenal's laboured attack.

The Frenchman said: 'We're both part of the "Arsène Wenger Generation". The coach loved him as a player. It was more complicated with Unai Emery and Mikel Arteta. Knowing him, he must always be professional in training, always on time.

'He is undoubtedly at the level demanded by the Premier League. There is probably a certain case with the club since last year, I hope both sides find a deal that works for everyone.

James McAuley

Even tho I don't think we'd be the most exciting or brilliant attacking side no matter who starts and under this system but I wonder how we'd fare with Ceballos further forward and wider, perhaps on the right or left.

-----------------------------Auba
--------Martinelli------Saka-------Ceballos
------------------Xhaka------------Partey

Or until martinelli is fit have Ceballos left and willian right. At least with saka Ceballos and possibly willian in the side we'd have three players coming central and linking together between the lines with the threat of auba in front. And when martinelli is also playing he can also link up and get in behind too.

Tir Na Nog

In Big Trouble If He Speaks
Even tho I don't think we'd be the most exciting or brilliant attacking side no matter who starts and under this system but I wonder how we'd fare with Ceballos further forward and wider, perhaps on the right or left.

-----------------------------Auba
--------Martinelli------Saka-------Ceballos
------------------Xhaka------------Partey

Or until martinelli is fit have Ceballos left and willian right. At least with saka Ceballos and possibly willian in the side we'd have three players coming central and linking together between the lines with the threat of auba in front. And when martinelli is also playing he can also link up and get in behind too.

This is quite literally something Wenger would try.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted
Needs to stop messing about now. Play a proper formation without w*nky CM playing hybrid fullback DMs ffs

That last match has got me proper disenchanted with what we're doing

kash2

Obsessed With Jury
Have to play AMN, Elneny, Nelson, Nketiah, Willock, Saka more. These are uncomplicated players who have technical ability. The system has to be designed according to the personnel. First you gather your best players, then you devise a way to play them together. Thats what management is.