• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Gunner140

Raul is the only one responsible for this Arsenal's poor season. He brought in players that didn't really move the club forward and he let go Ramsey, who was probably the key player of this team.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Though I don't expect top four, @Rex Banter does raise the good point of needing to be back there ASAP.

Our luck is that Levy lost A LOT of money with Mou and Eiriksen, Toby and Vertongen running their contracts down, added by the fact that United will still be a mess and that Leicester is going to be raided for more talent this summer.

Which leads to the conumdrum, do we sell Auba to fund a revamp or do we bank on him and Arteta having a good season next year to carry us further up the table?

I don't mind selling Lacazette, but I don't think that we're getting a goal scorer anywhere near the same or tier below PEA, a fact that is made much worse by our lack of goals from other players and areas of the pitch.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If you look at all the top clubs in the world atm...City, Liverpool, Barca, Real, Juve, Bayern, PSG...Auba wouldn't start at any of them, would have been a good mid season addition though.

Given his age, 31 next year, there must be a chance to convince him to sign a new deal here...a big club, in London, very good wage...surely if we say "you're our captain, you're our striker (start playing him there consistently again)" ...we must have a chance in convincing him to stay.

Plus, Pepe-Auba-Gabby, would be a great front three for a few years (need to sort out what's behind it though) then Gabby can takeover from Pierre in the future, as our main striker.

Really like Laca, but think his time at the club is naturally coming to an end...could still get decent money for Laca too, despite what some think, Alex is still a good player.

Last edited:

El Duderino

If you look at all the top clubs in the world...City, Liverpool, Barca, Real, Juve, Bayern, PSG...Auba wouldn't start at any of them, would have been a good mid season addition though.

Given his age, 31 next year, there must be a chance to convince him to sign a new deal here...a big club, in London, very good wage...surely if we say "you're our captain, you're our striker (start playing him there consistently again)" ...we must have a chance in convincing him to stay.

Plus, Pepe-Auba-Gabby, would be a great front three for a few years (need to sort out what's behind it though) then Gabby can take from Pierre in the future, as our main striker.

Really like Laca, but think his time at the club is naturally coming to an end...could still get decent money for Laca too, despite what some think, Alex is still a good player.

I'd just take Laca's wages and throw them at Aubameyang. It's a better short term investment than any signing we could make.

GoodEbening

To Everyone Except Arteta
Not reliable but hopefully true, Daily Mail saying Arteta is looking to move on Auba, Laca and Özil. Revamp the team.

Much needed i think. Laca and Auba are absolutely woeful footballers.

giphy.gif

If Arteta says they are ****e then they are ****e ey? Auba is our top scorer, third top scorer in the league, was 2nd before your boy Arteta turned him to ****e. Özil and Laca were playing well before Arteta came and decided to play keep-ball in our own half to pad the possession stats. And who are we gonna replace them with? Who the **** is gonna join us given our current circumstance?

Last edited:
Reactions: A_G

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Arteta was given a job to presumably get us back to the top table so by seasons end there needs to be some sort of upswing in results for me.

Yeah definitely, even if top 4 is gone we need to see improvements in results from now. Enthusiasm and stuff is fine for a while, but unless it's backed up by tangible results it won't last. How is Arteta going to manage to convince players to run more and work harder if it doesn't lead to better results? You need to show something, big wins in big games, deep runs in cup competition, or consistently beating the smaller teams.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Not reliable but hopefully true, Daily Mail saying Arteta is looking to move on Auba, Laca and Özil. Revamp the team.

Much needed i think. Laca and Auba are absolutely woeful footballers.

Harsh on Auba. Might not be an all round genius but he's far from woeful - replacing his goals will be tough. There's a reason Barca are after him

avalonhse

There are always good players to buy if you know where to look or scout well, just look at Wolves and Leicester.
What you said is theoretically true. Teams like Wolves and Leicester can hit the jackpot once or twice, then reverting to their right position gradually. Many of their buying is a miss too, but they are average teams, so it's okay.

Still remember that you said Lukaku would score weekly when he came to MU. A massive flop.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Still remember that you said Lukaku would score weekly when he came to MU. A massive flop.

Massive flop? He scored 28 goals in 66 games, that’s a good record. Lacazette for example has 32 in 85 in comparison.

Utd are a mess, every player is struggling up there in recent years, think Lukaku was harshly treated, they sighed Igalho ffs.

Lukaku has been brilliant for Inter. His goal scoring record throughout his career is excellent, even at Utd. Did look unfit at Utd though.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

If you look at all the top clubs in the world atm...City, Liverpool, Barca, Real, Juve, Bayern, PSG...Auba wouldn't start at any of them, would have been a good mid season addition though.
Thats not true. A lot of the main strikers are similar age if not older.

City/PSG/Juve he’s not getting into but the rest he could give them a run for their money for sure.

Pool as well but even then, Firminho was inherited not signed by Klopp. Whilst Klopp has turned him into a pressing playmaking CF, Auba is also a former Klopp player who is currently playing left wing for us. I’m sure Klopp can get a lot out of Auba just like a lot of his average players who look different class. We will never know and I don’t think it’s as clear cut as you say - Auba is up there.

I agree with the rest though Auba should get a new contract we shouldn’t let Theo or Özil scare us.

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
I agree with the rest though Auba should get a new contract we shouldn’t let Theo or Özil scare us.
I wonder if Arteta rates him enough for him to get such a big deal. You only give him a massive deal if Arteta wants to build his new team around Auba.

El Duderino

I wonder if Arteta rates him enough for him to get such a big deal. You only give him a massive deal if Arteta wants to build his new team around Auba.

I think we're seeing a VERY result-oriented approach so far with Mikel.

We've been leaking less shots and look a bit more solid at the back, that was job n.1.

Midfield needs a hard look and he knows it and I also think he knows there ain't much he can do there with the group of players we have.

He plays Özil despite poor form because, unlike Emery, he's well aware that we've got zero creative players with his level of technique in the final third.

He shunts Auba on the wing because he knows that he needs both his goalscorers on the pitch, despite both being subpar in their build up play and with one of them in Giroud-esque form, because he's hoping they pull one out of the hat.

Despite us fans (myself included) wanting to see more Nketiah and Martinelli, only the former has played himself into contention and, as with all young players - he'll have a dip in form and must be managed carefully.

I think that even if both our strikers contratual situation weren't forcing his hand, this team would a lot different next season.

The smart move perhaps, is to sell Lacazette and offer Auba a fat extension with the promise of letting him leave in January if the ship isn't steady by then.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom