• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

RUS arsenal

Established Member
giphy.gif

If Arteta says they are ****e then they are ****e ey? Auba is our top scorer, third top scorer in the league, was 2nd before your boy Arteta turned him to ****e. Özil and Laca were playing well before Arteta came and decided to play keep-ball in our own half to pad the possession stats. And who are we gonna replace them with? Who the **** is gonna join us given our current circumstance?
Did Arteta steal all your candy when you were a kid or something? :lol:

Keplaz

Baffling really how it's still so hard to come out this day and age. Very, very, very happy Stuttgart's Hitzlsperger is out since years and he's working his job and there's no homophobic abuse or whatever. Everyone loves him as a club legend, no matter his sexual orientation.
I think Schofield's situation is different. He has two daughters and has been married for 27 years. There are other people involved, not just him.

I feel sorry for his wife. They would have made plans for the future together, and I know she's supporting him, but she must be in agony.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Can someone please explain how the winter break is going to make any difference? We have essentially given the players a week off. If you take travel into account the ' 2 week break' is only 1 week of actual training. The same amount of training we have had between games recently. So what is Arteta going to accomplish in that time?

Will Lacazette miraculously start scoring? Will Özil now have the balls to shoo or play a through ball? Will Xhaka and Guendouzi get faster? Will Torreira grow? Will Mustafi stop making mistakes?

These players have ceilings and they have been reached. Arteta divised a system to hide weaknesses but at the end of the day if you insist on picking Özil, Laca, Xhaka, Mustafi and Guendouzi then the outcome will Always be the same.

Athleticism needs to be added to the midfield and choices need to be made between players.

Özil or Pepe.
Aubameyang or Laca
Torreira or Douzi
AMN or Xhaka

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Can someone please explain how the winter break is going to make any difference? We have essentially given the players a week off. If you take travel into account the ' 2 week break' is only 1 week of actual training. The same amount of training we have had between games recently. So what is Arteta going to accomplish in that time?

Will Lacazette miraculously start scoring? Will Özil now have the balls to shoo or play a through ball? Will Xhaka and Guendouzi get faster? Will Torreira grow? Will Mustafi stop making mistakes?

These players have ceilings and they have been reached. Arteta divised a system to hide weaknesses but at the end of the day if you insist on picking Özil, Laca, Xhaka, Mustafi and Guendouzi then the outcome will Always be the same.

Athleticism needs to be added to the midfield and choices need to be made between players.

Özil or Pepe.
Aubameyang or Laca
Torreira or Douzi
AMN or Xhaka
Absolutely. And we need to start seeing goals scored and points (and games) won.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Absolutely. And we need to start seeing goals scored and points (and games) won.

Unfortunately I don't see much change until Tierney returns and he can play with two inverted full backs and two wingers lending to a 4 3 3.

I fully expect him to keep picking underperforming players .

Jae

Özil or Pepe.
Aubameyang or Laca
Torreira or Douzi
AMN or Xhaka

It at least gives us an extra week to get the likes of Tierney and Soares back from injury and to get Mari settled into the team.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Özil or Pepe.
Aubameyang or Laca
Torreira or Douzi
AMN or Xhaka

It lets players have a chance to reset mentally and a bit phisically. Fitness wise, it probably won't change much, but you see a lot of managers do this in order to get the squad working as one.

We have our limitations, but this squad should and has to be doing more.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
People wonder why Xhaka (whom I'm a big critic of, but has been good recently) and Laca are in the team.

The answer is the same as it was with Emery. When you're on a pinch, you play your senior players, as much as we'd like otherwise. End of.

You may put Martinelli here and there, but you can't field 5 youngsters and expect them to carry the team consistently. We've seen this before with Wenger.

People wonder why Xhaka (whom I'm a big critic of, but has been good recently) and Laca are in the team.

The answer is the same as it was with Emery. When you're on a pinch, you play your senior players, as much as we'd like otherwise. End of.

You may put Martinelli here and there, but you can't field 5 youngsters and expect them to carry the team consistently. We've seen this before with Wenger.

Yeah thank god we are playing our seniors Laca and Xhaka. Thanks a lot they are carrying us to all these draws and losses! Elite! Good stuff!

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Martinelli---Auba----Pepe
----------AMN---------Douzi
----------------Torreira
Saka----Mari---------Luiz-----Bellerin
-------------------Leno

Until Tierney is back that's what I want to see when Mari is ready.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Unfortunately I don't see much change until Tierney returns and he can play with two inverted full backs and two wingers lending to a 4 3 3.

I fully expect him to keep picking underperforming players .
Tbf, in games Emery used 433 with 3 defensive midfielders, we kept getting overrun.

Maybe it was the way he implemented it.

At present, we don't have the players to play a midfield three. Our top priority in the summer is a commanding and combative cm/b2b midfielder. Some posters have advocated Partey, but I believe he won't be cheap.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

Özil or Pepe.
Aubameyang or Laca
Torreira or Douzi
AMN or Xhaka

You not a fan of holidays or team building matey?
Don’t these guys have to train on Christmas Day?
Maybe it’s just a nice break and time to relax.
And a legendary Dubai Friday brunch of course!!
No more to it than that ;)

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

Özil or Pepe.
Aubameyang or Laca
Torreira or Douzi
AMN or Xhaka

I thought it was a great idea and I posted before the Burnley game that we needed to head to Dubai with a good performance and a win. Arteta got the team selection and subs wrong and we got neither. Rather than going away full of optimism, players like Pepe would have gone away feeling rejected and down! Its still probably better to have a team bonding session in the sunshine though, so hopefully something positive comes out of it. Shame, it could have been a season turning point if we had got 3 pts vs Burnley. I don't even expect us to reach 60 pts now, maybe not even 50!

Keplaz

When you listen to what Leno said, about them not being a team on or off the pitch, you realise our problems were much much deeper than we knew.

The time away will allow them to gel as a team. And this will help with results. They need to play for each other. Which they haven't done properly for a long time.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
When you listen to what Leno said, about them not being a team on or off the pitch, you realise our problems were much much deeper than we knew.

The time away will allow them to gel as a team. And this will help with results. They need to play for each other. Which they haven't done properly for a long time.
Give it six months.

This bunch of clowns will drop the effort & throw Arteta under the bus when next manager comes in.

“For me personally, the biggest thing is that he is someone who really knows what he wants from each player,” Mustafi said of Emery. “He tells you exactly what he wants you to do but at the same time he gives you freedom to expose your talent.

“For example when we don’t have the ball he tells you exactly where to stand and how to get the ball from the opponent. When we have the ball he gives you the options you can use, but still you can decide which you are going to choose. For me it is a good mix between freedom but still very disciplined, and having the same plan in the whole team.”

“That was the first game I felt like we came out from the first minute and we we were everywhere until the 90th minute so I feel like there is a good mix between discipline and freedom,” Mustafi said.

“I think that we are very good attacking, and that makes the defensive work a bit easier. Even when we lose the ball we are pressing straight away and trying to win the ball back straight away, high up the pitch. That makes it easier to defend, because you don’t have to always go 60 or 70 yards back to win the ball back in your own box.”

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Almunia looks like he has grown about a foot & filled out. Where was this guy when playing? :facepalm:

Manuel could have been built like The Rock back then, still wouldn't have made any impact on his terrible goalkeeping ability.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
This is a journey with Arteta. For all the good signs and good work on the field so far, do we need to remind ourselves that this is a man who is at the beginning of his managerial career. He is still very much in the learning phase as well.

What's critical for me in the short term is us surviving this season and putting together a system and style that can be built on with quality additions. For this to happen we need time, patience and money put into the first team.

I will only start to harshly critique Mikel's work against our accepted level of performance (top 4 and more), when we have started to invest proper players into the squad, and the coach has had around a year's worth of time to work. Of course this is premised on a continued stream of improvement on the field as we have seen so far.

This decade can be the decade of us reclaiming our spot as the third biggest club in England and one of Europe's finest. If Arteta is still with us by the end of this decade, I think we will be fully back to our old ways.

Top Bottom