• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Yeah thank god we are playing our seniors Laca and Xhaka. Thanks a lot they are carrying us to all these draws and losses! Elite! Good stuff!

Doesn't mean that I like it Dennis, but 9/10 managers would do that, including Wenger during his last two seasons.

Moah

Xhaka is one of the best performers lately and cannot be blamed for us not scoring enough goals. He has balanced the midfield when played alongside Torreira and he was the only creative output in our game vs Burnley.

His cross had Auba go one on one with the keeper but he fluffed it.

Bergkamp1988

This is a valid point tbf...Arteta has been atm, disappointingly stubborn with the 4-2-3-1 formation, thought he would go more 4-3-3...still time for him to fix it though...

Lucas
Willock-Xhaka
Pepe-Auba-Gabby
...would like to see this against Newcastle...maybe Ceballos for Xhaka, but with Dani not being here next year I don't blame Mikel for not playing him, as the rest of this year is about preparing for next year really.

Why are we insisting on Willock? Hasn't shown anything special so far. Aside maybe from one good game he had under Emery in September whre he played number 8. Not much since.
Bad positioning, mediocre passing, mediocre technique.

Would much rather see Ceballos in a 3 man midfield. He also hasn't been great but in his defence, he's been injured and has had less opportunity then Willock so far. I see much more potential in the Spaniard.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Why are we insisting on Willock? Hasn't shown anything special so far. Aside maybe from one good game he had under Emery in September whre he played number 8. Not much since.

Would much rather see Ceballos in a 3 man midfield. He also hasn't been great but in his defence, he's been injured and has had less opportunity then Willock so far. I see much more potential in the Spaniard.

Doubt Dani wants to stay here next year, can understand Arteta not wanting to use him too much at this stage.

Plus we need some physicality in the middle, think Joe could do well in a 3, maybe even try Niles there at some point.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Torreira and Xhaka have both been good since Mikel took over tbf...all of our best runs of form since we signed Lucas, have been when those two have played in midfield together...

…"bossing the midfield" might be a stretch, but they do compliment each other well...the issue is we haven't got the third midfielder right with them, we need a box to box midfielder who is comfortable when dribbling with the ball.

Bergkamp1988

Torreira and Xhaka have both been good since Mikel took over tbf...all of our best runs of form since we signed Lucas, have been when those two have played in midfield together...

…"bossing the midfield" might be a stretch, but they do compliment each other well...the issue is we haven't got the third midfielder right with them, we need a box to box midfielder who is comfortable when dribbling with the ball.

You just described Ceballos ;)

But of course, if he wants to fvck off then so be it.

Although wasn't he happy at the club until he was sidelined ?

scytheavatar

Established Member

Willock has better positioning and passing than Ceballos and more maturity despite being younger........ plus defends better and is physically stronger. He's more all rounded and has a much higher ceiling than Ceballos, and even if he's not a starter he's always a good option to have on the bench. Ceballos's max potential is to be a poor man's Cazorla, what Cazorla would be with less football IQ. He's a luxury player that only works if everything in the team goes through him, and he's not good enough to be that.

GoonerJay24

Willock hasn't been that bad this year and he's clearly talented with many attributes

GoonerJay24

AMN

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Willock has better positioning and passing than Ceballos and more maturity despite being younger........ plus defends better and is physically stronger. He's more all rounded and has a much higher ceiling than Ceballos, and even if he's not a starter he's always a good option to have on the bench. Ceballos's max potential is to be a poor man's Cazorla, what Cazorla would be with less football IQ. He's a luxury player that only works if everything in the team goes through him, and he's not good enough to be that.

:lol::lol::lol:

Bergkamp1988

Ceballos is a poor man's Cazorla : Agreed

Willock is a better defender : agreed

The rest of the positive stuff about Willock, you pulled directly out of your ass. Especially the 'higher ceiling' part.

Willock might be more well rounded but he is mediocre at everything. Ceballos, already has beautiful foot work and better vision. My guess is Ceballos will end up being a good Ligua mid table (perhaps top 6) player. And Willock will grow to be an Everton sub or Premiership starter.
Just speculating but I really don't see the "high ceiling".

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Does anyone think Arteta will shift from his double pivot to a single one after the Dubai break or is it too soon? Does anyone think he will even do it?

I think Arteta is doing the best he can with what he has at his disposal with Xhaka and Torreira at the base of midfield which serves to provide defensive stability and the creative onus on Özil. But I think this midfield only suits the more experienced midfielders in the squad. I think a 3 man midfield would definitely cater towards Cellabos, Guendouzi, Willock, ESR and AMN. I don't think either Xhaka or Torreira would be good enough to be the single pivot and not suited to an interior role so for now at least he will continue with a double pivot.

Gegen Pressing

Emery was somewhat of psycho , his facial expressions reminded me of Dracula and probably should have done his teamtalks out of a coffin ....

Arteta on the other hand is reassuring and brings that simple straightforward teamwork attitude that's been lacking.
I like to think he will turn us into an " no frills" Arsenal of old, hugging the top-5 forever to stabilize us.

Exactly this for me. For the first 3/4 of last season Emerys results were pretty decent but there was no sign of an identity or style of play. With Mikel we aren't picking up the results but you can see glimpses of what he wants to do.

Personally for the time being results come a distant second as long as it's clear to see we are working towards a 'vision'. It felt like Emery could have been here 50 years and still not known what system and how he wanted to play!

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Emery was somewhat of psycho , his facial expressions reminded me of Dracula and probably should have done his teamtalks out of a coffin ....

Arteta on the other hand is reassuring and brings that simple straightforward teamwork attitude that's been lacking.
I like to think he will turn us into an " no frills" Arsenal of old, hugging the top-5 forever to stabilize us.
Well top 5 isn't good enough either, is it?

Manberg

Predator
Does anyone think Arteta will shift from his double pivot to a single one after the Dubai break or is it too soon? Does anyone think he will even do it?

I think Arteta is doing the best he can with what he has at his disposal with Xhaka and Torreira at the base of midfield which serves to provide defensive stability and the creative onus on Özil. But I think this midfield only suits the more experienced midfielders in the squad. I think a 3 man midfield would definitely cater towards Cellabos, Guendouzi, Willock, ESR and AMN. I don't think either Xhaka or Torreira would be good enough to be the single pivot and not suited to an interior role so for now at least he will continue with a double pivot.

It’s a case of having to adapt tactics to the players he has at his disposal. Torreira and Xhaka are our best central midfielders and they are more suited to their deeper roles so that’s how Arteta has to go. If we had amazing box to box or more advanced midfielders I’m sure it would’ve been a single pivot, but we don’t. The young players aren’t better than Xhaka or Torreira.

Top Bottom