• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Willock has better positioning and passing than Ceballos and more maturity despite being younger........ plus defends better and is physically stronger. He's more all rounded and has a much higher ceiling than Ceballos, and even if he's not a starter he's always a good option to have on the bench. Ceballos's max potential is to be a poor man's Cazorla, what Cazorla would be with less football IQ. He's a luxury player that only works if everything in the team goes through him, and he's not good enough to be that.
More like poor man's Cazorla with a poor IQ and one footed

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
It’s a case of having to adapt tactics to the players he has at his disposal. Torreira and Xhaka are our best central midfielders and they are more suited to their deeper roles so that’s how Arteta has to go. If we had amazing box to box or more advanced midfielders I’m sure it would’ve been a single pivot, but we don’t. The young players aren’t better than Xhaka or Torreira.
I agree but if we are looking to build for Future then we should doing our best to integrate it sooner than later. While it is true that Xhaka and Torreira are our best option now. I can't help but think its the lowest in terms of quality to our top 6 rivals, plus we have one of the least viable options on the bench.

I think Torreria is alright but he's closer in talent to Coquelin than Kante and I don't feel as if he has a very high ceiling. As for Xhaka, this has been the best form we have seen from since the shift to 5 at the back. I love that Arteta has done with him, i like how hes minimised the space he operates, shifting him to be an auxiliary left back in build up helps us massively. But I'm concerned that teams will figure out a way to combate this like they did with the 5 at back. Xhaka has too many faults to be a starter for a top 4 side, no matter how much he has improved.

I know Guendouzi has the worse potential sense but he clearly has more to his game than Torreira and I believe he has a higher ceiling than Xhaka. Emery preferred Guendouzi to Torreria and I think in time Arteta will value Guendo more. I think Xhaka needs an external replacement though.

avalonhse

I agree but if we are looking to build for Future then we should doing our best to integrate it sooner than later. While it is true that Xhaka and Torreira are our best option now. I can't help but think its the lowest in terms of quality to our top 6 rivals, plus we have one of the least viable options on the bench.

I think Torreria is alright but he's closer in talent to Coquelin than Kante and I don't feel as if he has a very high ceiling. As for Xhaka, this has been the best form we have seen from since the shift to 5 at the back. I love that Arteta has done with him, i like how hes minimised the space he operates, shifting him to be an auxiliary left back in build up helps us massively. But I'm concerned that teams will figure out a way to combate this like they did with the 5 at back. Xhaka has too many faults to be a starter for a top 4 side, no matter how much he has improved.

I know Guendouzi has the worse potential sense but he clearly has more to his game than Torreira and I believe he has a higher ceiling than Xhaka. Emery preferred Guendouzi to Torreria and I think in time Arteta will value Guendo more. I think Xhaka needs an external replacement though.

It is quite common in AM if a young one has a bad season, then he is said to be worse potential. I think we misuse the word "potential" than "capability" a lot.

One or two years ago, everyone said Guendouzi is potentially world-class. Now they said he is garbage and should be sold ASAP. That's unbelievable for the changed judgement.

Please remember that both Torreria and Guendouzi has been mismanaged last 2 years. Their ability may be regressed yes, but their potential are still there. It's different.

On the other side, this Bitcoin hype now turns to Martinelli. Everyone said he will be world class, same as what happened to Guendouzi and Iwobi in the past. Some even mentioned Ronaldo da Lima in Martinelli thread, which is incomprehensible to me.

ksarp

You can't be serious, bruh.

scytheavatar

Established Member
I am, I believe he has more to his game than Torreira.

Explain to me, what exactly does Guendouzi have in his game? What does he do better than most midfielders of his age range? He doesn't defend well, isn't physically imposing, is not a playmaker, is guilty of dwelling on the ball for too long...... he's just the second coming of Denilson. He looks good because he is surrounded by players who are not better than him.

Torreira to me is a worse version of Coquelin, but at the very least he has some value.

Ashybashy86

Explain to me, what exactly does Guendouzi have in his game? What does he do better than most midfielders of his age range? He doesn't defend well, isn't physically imposing, is not a playmaker, is guilty of dwelling on the ball for too long...... he's just the second coming of Denilson. He looks good because he is surrounded by players who are not better than him.

Torreira to me is a worse version of Coquelin, but at the very least he has some value.
He's a much better passer than Coquelin. I'll just say Guendouzi is good for his age, but there is so much about the way he plays that I do not like.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Feel for him with our attack, as he fixed the technical / tactical issues of defense but attack has mental / confidence issues and there's only so much he can do to help there. Doesn't help that some of them are so mentally fragile if he drops them he kills them.

ksarp

Feel for him with our attack, as he fixed the technical / tactical issues of defense but attack has mental / confidence issues and there's only so much he can do to help there. Doesn't help that some of them are so mentally fragile if he drops them he kills them.

It's a process, first stem the tide, then work through the issues. There is no magic pill. The positional issues were a big deal. Now we'll always have 5 in defensive transition, enough to thwart a counter..something Unai didn't have the intelligence to.

Next we work further up. If you watched our last game, we were just unlucky with finishing. Chances were there, it will only get better. Again, TRUST THE PROCESS.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
So Arteta has sorted our defence, but killed our attack? Give me Emery's five goals at Anfield!

I'm joking. However, I have no faith in Arteta getting us back into the champions league. I think he's too cautious, but with this being his first job I get why.

We work hard and press more, but we still don't have an identity.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Of course he's made a difference. Anyone denying it is a troll.

We haven't been this defensively solid since I can remember.

It has obviously taken the sting out of our attack.

Our biggest issues to address this summer is our attack and CM

That just takes time imo , yup we should address this in the market , however I do think there is 5-10 percent upside in our current attack .

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
That just takes time imo , yup we should address this in the market , however I do think there is 5-10 percent upside in our current attack .
That's why we need to break up that attack.

We need to sell Laca to raise funds.

We need to also sell Auba (if he doesn't pen a new contract) Also we need a goalscoring winger.

So all in all, we need a LW, CF and a CM

Our defense is the least of our worries. We already have one of the best defensive record in the league since Arteta came in

TornadoTed

Established Member
That's why we need to break up that attack.

We need to sell Laca to raise funds.

We need to also sell Auba (if he doesn't pen a new contract) Also we need a goalscoring winger.

So all in all, we need a LW, CF and a CM

Our defense is the least of our worries. We already have one of the best defensive record in the league since Arteta came in

I totally agree about the defence being the least of our worries. I always felt that all we really needed was a system and good coaching to sort our defence out. We have already had a big overhaul with Sokratis, Luiz, Saliba, Mari, Kolasinac and Tierney joining in the last 2 years and we will have another in Summer 2021 when Luiz and Sokratis contracts expire.

Our midfield is my biggest concern, I think we have the 7th or 8th best midfield in the league, the rest of the big 6 baring maybe Man Utd, Leicester and Wolves all have better midfields than us. We need a midfield that can be as defensively solid as Torreira/Xhaka but also create more and have more athleticism to cover so our fullbacks can attack more.

The attack will need a minor or perhaps major rejig depending on if one, two or three of Auba, Laca and Özil leave this summer. We have a lot of work to do.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom