• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Moah

Conceding against City, Pool and the legendary Vardy off the bench is hardly a crime.

One goal from a very good West Ham side who has given everybody problems.

Man Utd coming up who have an attacking force that brushed PSG just the other day.

Think some of you need to get a grip.
I get the notion, but when will the excuses end? I mean All those used to and still are happening. Shouldn't we expect at least for the specifics to change.

Sadly, all I see now is we still lose but in a respectable way. That coming because we have totally sacrificed our attacking flow.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
The first time he's been able to use Partey from the start in a league game he's played 433. Just saying.
Our problems are laca, auba, nketiah, willock and Özil. They are a bunch of skilless cxxt. We need players who are better on the ball. Having Aouar would help. But city has a team of Aouar. This is how far the gap is between us and city.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Am really not buying the excuses about our squad not being good enough. Emery finished 5th with a worse squad and got to a European final. Everybody was wanking themselves silly after the FA cup win and 8th place finish. We've added Willian, Gabriel and Partey - we're 10th and scraping past Rapid Wienna.

Stop the excuses. Please.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Am really not buying the excuses about our squad not being good enough. Emery finished 5th with a worse squad and got to a European final. Everybody was wanking themselves silly after the FA cup win and 8th place finish. We've added Willian, Gabriel and Partey - we're 10th and scraping past Rapid Wienna.

Stop the excuses. Please.

The thing is Emery also had 3 players who were being way more creative than any of the midfielders we currently have. Özil isn't in the squad so we don't have that atm.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
The thing is Emery also had 3 players who were being way more creative than any of the midfielders we currently have. Özil isn't in the squad so we don't have that atm.

Who were the 3? Also, Emery famously banished Özil to the stands. I'm guessing Iwobi and Mkhi are the two that you are referring to? Willian and Pepe have almost certainly assisted more under Arteta than those two did for Emery.

Arteta has Saka, Pepe and Willian. For me, that is plenty of creativity. I believe Bellerin is our top assisted this season?

Arteta out is a ridiculous claim, but he has to be accountable for this mess, just as he was rightly praised for The FA Cup win.

Gunners1616

A double pivot of Xhaka/Partey, with Tierney at LB and Gabriel at cb should provide us with enough solidity in most games. As you say though Arteta seems a conservative coach.
Conservative is a fancy word for coward. He just doest take any risk. He transmit his fear to the players. Against Rapid Vienna he should have played youngsters but he was scared of them and he said it before the match. We ended up using starters, scrapping a win and gaining time at the corner flag in the end.

Even when he finally try a 433 it's has to be with 3 CM in a flat midfield with no one attacking. Back then we use to have Ramsey going into the box all the time. Now the midfield just like the coach takes 0 risk.

Also how about giving the youngsters a chance instead of playing players that you spent all the summer trying to sell. Saliba should be a starter, Nelson should have had more chances, and Balogun should have some of Eddie minutes. Even ESR should have had a go in the Europa at least.

And his obsession with Aubameyang playing wide is gonna backfire. He might not even score 10 goals this season. He can barely get 1 shot per game in this system. Supposedly one of the elite number 9 of the game and he is playing wide at 32 y.o and crossing balls for Lacazette.

Just stop being scared. Its OK to lose while building some good foundations. Now we have no identity, we play safe and we still lose anyway.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Emery didn't fancy Özil either. I don't think it's a personnel issue, I think players are instructed to play in a specific way and it takes creativity away from them

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

Who? Xhaka and Guendouzi were used a lot by Emery, with Ramsey or Özil being the other player (usually Ramsey). Ramsey is the only one in that setup who provides something different.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Conservative is a fancy word for coward. He just doest take any risk. He transmit his fear to the players. Against Rapid Vienna he should have played youngsters but he was scared of them and he said it before the match. We ended up using starters, scrapping a win and gaining time at the corner flag in the end.

Even when he finally try a 433 it's has to be with 3 CM in a flat midfield with no one attacking. Back then we use to have Ramsey going into the box all the time. Now the midfield just like the coach takes 0 risk.

Also how about giving the youngsters a chance instead of playing players that you spent all the summer trying to sell. Saliba should be a starter, Nelson should have had more chances, and Balogun should have some of Eddie minutes. Even ESR should have had a go in the Europa at least.

And his obsession with Aubameyang playing wide is gonna backfire. He might not even score 10 goals this season. He can barely get 1 shot per game in this system. Supposedly one of the elite number 9 of the game and he is playing wide at 32 y.o and crossing balls for Lacazette.

Just stop being scared. Its OK to lose while building some good foundations. Now we have no identity, we play safe and we still lose anyway.

Agree with you partly. Dont really have a problem with playing a good team against Vienna, it was arguably the hardest game in the group and we got the win.

We don't have the players to play 433, we have no players like Ramsey as you say that can play box to box. 4231 is the way to go. Before the Southampton game last season, Arteta often played 4231 with 4 of Auba/Lacazette/Özil/Pepe/Nelson, I'd like to see him return to that now we have Partey, Gabriel and Willian.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I still trust Arteta. The problem is not really the tactics per se. The personnel is a huge issue. We don't have creative outlet and now we're forced to use wide areas to create.

Xhaka, Partey and Ceballos Midfield is very solid but uninspiring. It offers plenty of control and stability but not so much creativity.

We need to play two of the above with one of saka, Willian or ESR.

I think Arteta will get it right eventually.
He just needs to add a creative player to our Midfield.

Aubamagoal

No he wasn't :lol: Gabriel spoke quite glowingly about the project Edu and Arteta put forward to him.

We beat Chelsea and City in that "lucky streak" if we had beaten Liverpool and City in the league would that also be a lucky streak?

Not defending them at all costs, but it takes time to build a top squad. Not one window, did Liverpool fans get on Klopps back after he signed Wijnaldum and Mane in his first window? Nope. They waited to see what happened despite losing games they really shouldn't have.

People like you would be saying Klopp out after drawing 2-2 against West Brom. What you're doing is way more embarrassing than defending Arteta and Edu. I'll wait until at least February before pointing the finger. Its a weird league this season, if we win Europa I won't care too much about where we finish. The objective this year is to make CL football at all costs.

yes sure lets compare Klopp who was pretty much a proven manager to a rookie who is maybe 30 games into his career. You had an issue with my original post but their faults are glaring and to be honest worrying. Arteta is going to waste another year. He’s a cheap appointment and we will get what we pay for.

As for your posts and phrases like “people like you” really show that you cant converse without making it a personal argument. “Embarassing” really.

your post is liked by oxeki and football manager, the other two big brains that have resided in my ignore list for a while. Says it all. One more to the list.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Artetaout trending on twitter.

Amazing how quickly things change in football.
It was coming for a while, but now when we've added a couple of good players, there much less space for excuses.
If you can't create chances with Partey, Auba, Ceballos, Pepe, Saka,Willian and Laca, then you definitely start asking questions about how this team is instructed to play.
This is the strongest team we've had in a while, with the worst attacking performances since the early 90s.

So far it's been all about how many formations can Mikel copy from Pep, the same manager who failed miserably at City. Sometimes managers should just give their players some freedom, and back off with their tactical nonsense

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
yes sure lets compare Klopp who was pretty much a proven manager to a rookie who is maybe 30 games into his career
It has nothing to do with him being a rookie, the same crap was done by Pep and his failures in CL when he was trying to be smarter than he actually is, and Pep is an experienced manager.
It's about their ego and they put their tactical bullshit before players and their qualities

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
That might be it. I don't like it if so.

ElP0dJjWkAI7KTr

This passmap confirms it, no midfield play at all, clearly by design.. Only reason I can think of is Arteta might be worried about losing possession in that area so just forces play wide, but that’s just cowardly..

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
ElP0dJjWkAI7KTr

This passmap confirms it, no midfield play at all, clearly by design.. Only reason I can think of is Arteta might be worried about losing possession in that area so just forces play wide, but that’s just cowardly..

God that isn't a pretty sight. Look at Auba's position ffs.

Kysus

I still trust Arteta. The problem is not really the tactics per se. The personnel is a huge issue. We don't have creative outlet and now we're forced to use wide areas to create.

Xhaka, Partey and Ceballos Midfield is very solid but uninspiring. It offers plenty of control and stability but not so much creativity.

We need to play two of the above with one of saka, Willian or ESR.

I think Arteta will get it right eventually.
He just needs to add a creative player to our Midfield.

The problem is not with the personnel, it's the system.

Instead of leaving attackers up high in the defensive phase(Auba/Pepe) to be able to break quickly we almost always have 11 behind the ball.

So we are really hard to break down but slow and uninspiring in attack and almost always face an organized defensive unit ourselves.
Every single game a grind.

With the amazing transition players we have this is such a waste.

Reactions: Kav

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Who? Xhaka and Guendouzi were used a lot by Emery, with Ramsey or Özil being the other player (usually Ramsey). Ramsey is the only one in that setup who provides something different.

Mikky and Iwobi had far better chance creation than any of the players in our squad currently have and Ramsey was a goalscoring midfielder. In his last season (18/19 season) he played 1300 minutes in the league but Ramsey scored 4 and assisted 6. In the season before that he played 1800 minutes scoring 7 and assisting 8.

Mikky played 1600 minutes in his last season which was also the 18/19 season. He scored 6 and assisted 4. Iwobi scored 3 and assisted 6 in 18/19 as well.

Suddenly the 3 above players all leave in one season and we don't replace them. All 3 contributed to 29 league goals either through assisting or directly scoring in the 18/19 season.

I agree that all 3 had to go, the general quality wasn't good enough. But you have to replace the output, not only in chances created but in goals scored from midfield.

This is the main reason why our chance creation is dwindling. Pepe is a goalscoring winger, he isn't a creator as such but does have creative qualities. To unlock players like Pepe we need creative midfielders.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
The problem is not with the personnel, it's the system.

Instead of leaving attackers up high in the defensive phase(Auba/Pepe) to be able to break quickly we almost always have 11 behind the ball.

So we are really hard to break down but slow and uninspiring in attack and almost always face an organized defensive unit ourselves.
Every single game a grind.

With the amazing transition players we have this is such a waste.
The actual problem is that we always rush our attacks.
Why can’t we just slow down and be patient.

Read this and you will understand.
I don’t get why we are rushing crosses into the box.

Surely we can pass it around the box, and work our way in patiently. Just use a bit of movement/dribbling skills and pass the ball around until we find a gap in the opponent defence.

00:40-00:48
Why is tierney crossing the ball?
Should have just make a short cut back to auba.

00:52-1:00
Auba should have use a bit of skills to dribble past his marker, and then making a low cross or short pass.

————————————————————————
We should pass around until we finds a gap.
Our players would have crossed the ball at 00:20. But they shouldn’t.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
ElP0dJjWkAI7KTr

Would be great if you would have FB's like Marcelo and Dani Alves, but I would've hoped that the manager can understand that the only way our FB's can attack is by running from the deep, and not by staying in forwarding positions like they did yesterday. Bellerin had absolutely no idea what do to, it was hilarious to watch him and you can't blame him for anything. Ceballos was behind him and he also didn't know what to do, because he needs runs from FB's and not seeing them static in the attack so the guy didn't know who to pass to.
After that, the "solution" was to give Pepe a chance to put some crosses in from the left! :D Like, when was that strength of Pepe?
A complete failure

Reactions: Kav
Top Bottom