• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Lol
Tierney and Bellerin are (obviously) much better than Atalanta's fullbacks.
And despite his struggles Laca is (obviously) much better than Zapata and frigging Muriel.

Atalanta are set-up to attack
We are set-up to defend

That's the difference.

Atalanta play a 343, we played that formation and were told we're too negative playing it... :lol:

Tierney and Bellerin aren't better than Atalanta's wing backs at the job they do in a 343. Like I said before, Gosens, Atalanta's main LWB scored 9 and assisted 8 in the league alone last season. Castagna is far better than Bellerin as an attacking right wing back in a 343 as well, he's quality on the ball.

Laca isn't better at Zapata in the job that Zapata does for their team. Just like Lacazette would never be better than Firmino in Liverpools team, because he does a specific job for the side to function.

You're chatting absolute nonsense to be honest.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Sorry Mikel. I know you are trying hard.. But damn, is this a painful time!

@freeglennhelder2 dude, it's coming home in a hurry.

Lets give our new manager a chance eh? See how it pans out over the season? Let the past be the past? What do you think brother? Are you with me?

Kysus

You're chatting absolute nonsense to be honest.

You are extremely defensive because your ego seems to be identified too much with your opinion. Kills all open-mindedness.
Discussions are not a battle where you have to defend and attack, it's a chance to learn.
Would recommend some reflection.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think people are going to be disappointed if you’re always saying “we need x player”. Yes an elite creative midfielder would be nice but it’s hard to get all these players at once unless you’re Man City or Real Madrid.

You don’t need creativity to press higher in midfield or force turnovers close to goal. He’s not an elite final ball player but someone like Willian should be enough creativity for most teams.

He was Chelsea’s most creative midfielder last year in terms of shot creating actions and even if he’s not like peak Özil if you have him plus a strong, active midfield like we do now you should expect more.

You should game plan to compensate for your weaknesses, not wave the white flag and try and sh*thouse results.

I don’t expect Wengerball out of this team but there’s other ways to play attacking football.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You are extremely defensive because your ego seems to be identified too much with your opinion. Kills all open-mindedness.
Discussions are not a battle where you have to defend and attack, it's a chance to learn.
Would recommend some reflection.

Saying Tierney and Bellerin are far better than any of Atalanta's full backs without any facts to back it up isnt an open minded discussion. Its outright lunacy.

I'm happy with having open convos with people who know what they're talking about.

If you're wanting that then at least back up what you're saying.

Kysus

Saying Tierney and Bellerin are far better than any of Atalanta's full backs without any facts to back it up isnt an open minded discussion. Its outright lunacy.

I'm happy with having open convos with people who know what they're talking about.

If you're wanting that then at least back up what you're saying.

Still a defensive ego talking.
Go beyond that my friend, try it.

TriniGunner

I understand Arteta's strategy in making us a more defensively solid team, which we have become but the sacrifices we're making are playing right into the opposition manager's hands. We're way too risk averse and I don't know whether it's an actual tactic or his inability to trust his players to not make mistakes. I've never seen an Arsenal team so afraid of attacking the opposition...NEVER!

Reactions: Kav

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Lol
Tierney and Bellerin, even AMN and Saka are (obviously) much better than Atalanta's fullbacks.
And despite his struggles Laca is (obviously) much better than Zapata and frigging Muriel.

Atalanta are set-up to attack
We are set-up to defend

That's the difference.
They are absolutely not much better. This is overrating players because they play for Arsenal. Gosens is easily better footballer than dumbass AMN and Tierney

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I understand Arteta's strategy in making us a more defensively solid team, which we have become but the sacrifices we're making are playing right into the opposition manager's hands. We're way too risk averse and I don't know whether it's an actual tactic or his inability to trust his players to not make mistakes. I've never seen an Arsenal team so afraid of attacking the opposition...NEVER!
These "sacrifices" are more to do with us not having good attacking options. Saka and Aubameyang, who the latter hasn't been playing well at all this season, are really the only true options we have. In my opinion, Pepe, Willian, and Lacazette are overrated or just not good enough for what we need our attack to be.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

We lack creativity. We could do with Özil. Btw are we even allowed to mention his name or do we have to pretend he doesnt exist?

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
We lack creativity. We could do with Özil. Btw are we even allowed to mention his name or do we have to pretend he doesnt exist?
Özil lacks creativity. He creates the final pass. But everything before that, he needs supplies from others. He need others to create for him.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I think people are going to be disappointed if you’re always saying “we need x player”. Yes an elite creative midfielder would be nice but it’s hard to get all these players at once unless you’re Man City or Real Madrid.

You don’t need creativity to press higher in midfield or force turnovers close to goal. He’s not an elite final ball player but someone like Willian should be enough creativity for most teams.

He was Chelsea’s most creative midfielder last year in terms of shot creating actions and even if he’s not like peak Özil if you have him plus a strong, active midfield like we do now you should expect more.

You should game plan to compensate for your weaknesses, not wave the white flag and try and sh*thouse results.

I don’t expect Wengerball out of this team but there’s other ways to play attacking football.
Yeah and I really don't think we need the wheel being reinvented here. Its just that a formation needs to be settled on and our best players playing in their preferred position. Watching the game those are the two missing elements and tactical tweaks will fall into place.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom