• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Have to play AMN, Elneny, Nelson, Nketiah, Willock, Saka more. These are uncomplicated players who have technical ability. The system has to be designed according to the personnel. First you gather your best players, then you devise a way to play them together. Thats what management is.
I reckon Arteta may have an experience/seniority bias.
Would explain his insistence on Laca and why Saliba and so many youngers are missing.

This is quite literally something Wenger would try.
Is that a good or bad thing? :lol:
I was thinking the same though, reminds me of cazorla when he would play there.
Think if we can maintain artetas defensive structure and work rate, with a good spine with guys like gabriel and partey, which wenger didn't have in his later years, with a more wenger esque attack we'd have a pretty good balance.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
When is he going to add continuity? How are we going to win games when the line up is different every single game. How can you gain any sort of rhythm with a different midfield or different full back and winger combination?

Dani outwide...are you crazy?

He's about as fast as Xhaka :lol:

Though you are on to something here, hope Arteta mixes it up for United next weekend.
He'd be coming inside though. Interchanging with saka and willian/martinelli. The width and pace would be coming from the full backs as they are now. And Auba and possibly martinelli using their pace in behind.

blaze_of_glory

He'd be coming inside though. Interchanging with saka and willian/martinelli. The width and pace would be coming from the full backs as they are now. And Auba and possibly martinelli using their pace in behind.
I would't be against it. Ramsey played out there and did well, though this board was in full Ramsey hate mode at the time and pretended it was a disaster.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
I reckon Arteta may have an experience/seniority bias.
Would explain his insistence on Laca and why Saliba and so many youngers are missing.
it takes man-management ability and acumen, not to mention hard work, to be able to guide, select and manage youngsters. Its far easier to bung in all the senior pros one can find into a rigid straitjacketed system and escape with a 1:0 defeat that looks respectable.

I think he is feeling his way into the job after getting derailed by the covid + raul + Özil saga's and finally coming face to face with the ****heads in the board and realizing what he is up against. Now he is doing what used to be called in sales " no one got fired for hiring IBM as a vendor"

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Is that a good or bad thing? :lol:
I was thinking the same though, reminds me of cazorla when he would play there.
Think if we can maintain artetas defensive structure and work rate, with a good spine with guys like gabriel and partey, which wenger didn't have in his later years, with a more wenger esque attack we'd have a pretty good balance.

Not necessarily good or bad, more so a midfielder playing wide on one side and a more direct forward type on the other side is very Wenger-esque. (Examples Alexis left/Ramsey right or Cazorla left/Walcott right). But like you said Wenger didn't have a Partey type in midfield which would have aided a lot and in general we all saw the flaws in all of Wengers sides. Balance is of course the most important thing now. We used to suffer committing too many forward, now we seem to be constantly playing with a bit of caution to our game. We need balance.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The way we played was wrong but not sure how Arteta can succeed when he has players like Xhaka and Mustafi on the pitch. He needs to be brave and drop Xhaka and Mustafi

Look at their positions FFS

20201026-205655.jpg

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Play the superstars in their right positions. Fill the 5 attacking channels with attackers not full backs.

Auba, Pepe, Partey, Gabriel, Tierney, Saka and one of Willian/Esr/Nelson should be the the first names on the team sheet. Invert one full back and allow Pepe to move infield to get closer to Auba. If you are scared of the counter play the fullback who can pocket Zaha and have him sprinting back and inverting seeing as he is comfortable doing it.

Stop rewarding our limited players because they ****ing train hard.

Saka------Auba----Pepe
-----------Willian
--------Partey---Elneny
Tierney---------------AMN
----------Gabriel-Luiz
----------------Leno

GunnerShy

Thought the first half was really good. In classic Barclays fashion, if you waste possession it will come back to haunt you.

That said, Mikel needs to get the midfield playing through the lines better. Cannot rely on Luiz opening them up from centreback.

There is no chemistry between the midfield and front three. No midfielder pushing beyond the forwards either. Need more dynamism. At the moment it's all looking very much like we just look for a Luiz long ball or overlapping full backs

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Play the superstars in their right positions. Fill the 5 attacking channels with attackers not full backs.

Auba, Pepe, Partey, Gabriel, Tierney, Saka and one of Willian/Esr/Nelson should be the the first names on the team sheet. Invert one full back and allow Pepe to move infield to get closer to Auba. If you are scared of the counter play the fullback who can pocket Zaha and have him sprinting back and inverting seeing as he is comfortable doing it.

Stop rewarding our limited players because they ****ing train hard.

Saka------Auba----Pepe
-----------Willian
--------Partey---Elneny
Tierney---------------AMN
----------Gabriel-Luiz
----------------Leno
That and that!

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
For a guy who has very little managerial experience, I do find it ironic at how little he seems to trust his least experienced players. Apart from Saka and Nketiah, who is he willing to give time to develop? He came into this job knowing full well about our resources and our direction to use youth so you can’t waste them. Arteta can send them out on loan, sell them, or use them but hoarding players you have no use for is financially irresponsible, especially in this climate.
Look I’m not saying the youth will save us but they can provide us with much needed competition or funds. Saka is being run to the ground, Willian and Pepe are both inconsistent and Auba should be central. Would a Nelson or ESR be such a problem?

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
For the love of God, build your team around your best players and not the losers who need their hands held.
Saka
Auba
Partey
Tierney
Gabriel
AMN
Leno
These are the few players who I consider as CL level players at varying levels. Obviously, AMN probably won’t be starting for a club like Bayern but he’s probably better than whatever LPSG or Shakhtar have there.

XXX-Auba-XXX
Saka-Partey-XXX
Tierney-Gabriel-Luiz-AMN
Leno.
So, RW, LW, RCM are the problem areas. Move away from the likes of Xhaka, Mustafi, Willian etc.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom