• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Crooked. You can’t tell me anyone that knows anything about football would sign either one of them. Willan also, which makes a bad case for Arteta as he was the one that supposedly wanted him.

So much wrong I don’t even know where to start. Whole club from top to bottom needs a reset which is never going to happen. We are a laughing stock. It’s beyond embarrassing.

Yep, that's the most logical conclusion. And agreed on the reset, unfortunately every decision the Kroenkes have ever made for this football club has been half arsed, so I can never see it happening either. Sad times.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone

same guy:

Nicolas-Sarkozy-laughing.gif

Reactions: A_G

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
You have to realise that it isn't about getting in a player or two by now. There are fundamental flaws with Arteta's game plan. No matter who he fields they look hopeless.

If it was just upgrading on a few players and we could suddenly start to look like a decent football side then that would have happened with the acquisitions of Partey and Gabriel.

The consensus is that they both look like quality players, and provide us with something we have been missing for a long time.

It is then a sad indictment on Arteta's capabilities that after having added them, we look worse than ever. Granted Partey hasn't been available all the time. He still played 5 league games. Not counting the City game when he only got a few minutes, we only won 1 game. We lost all the others while he was on the pitch. So even with his strengths we as a team were regressing. Same with Gabriel. He has been an ever present in our side apart from early on. Imo he has been a rock at the back. But again we have been getting worse as a collective.

That should tell you something is horrendously wrong with the coaching. We should have been getting stronger, yet somehow we are getting worse even after getting a big hit on 2 transfers in one window.

I'm not sure I get your point. We agree we've signed 2 good players in Gabriel and Partey.

One is a centre back who's been excellent bar that silly red card. Him being a good signing as a centre back doesn't affect the fact we have don't have an effective central midfield to control a game, or a creative player at number 10. Which are two of our major issues.

Partey, another one who we agree was a good signing and has looked decent when he's played and would maybe solve a lot of our issues in the centre of the park. He's played a handful of games. There's not the sample size of games to really draw any strong conclusions about his impact yet or to say that Arteta has had a negative opinion on his game.

A centre back playing well and a highly though of midfielder who has barely played aren't going to have turned our teams form around or solved the fundamental issues our side has. Partey might play his part in doing so if he can stay fit though.

I don't see how either of their performances are a negative towards Arteta.

If we can sign more players of the calibre of Gabriel and Partey in the positions that we are weak in ( a number 10 of that calibre in January would really help) I'm sure we'll start playing better.

Last edited:
D

Dial Square 1886

Agreed. Let’s be honest - we’re terrible. It’s really painful to watch us play. It’s not just the results that are dire - the football is just as bad.

Arteta hasn’t been doing well - to say the least. We may not have the best squad but our squad is still better than this 15th position we’re currently sitting in. It’s just odd - it’s as if he cannot get them to play as a team. It’s just not clicking.

I hear people say Arteta should be given better players. That’d of course be great. But we should still be doing much better with the current players. We first need to sort out our football and what we’re trying to do when we have the ball.

BUT, despite all of the above, Arteta should be given time. He should have until the end of the season unless we’re heading for relegation - which is still possible. He’s been bad up to now but let’s see if he can turn this around. Stability may just be what we need.

I think I would be inclined to agree.

Season is a write off anyhow and assuming we are not realistically going down :lol::lol::lol:, the whole upheaval of sack Arteta, pay Arteta off, hire new manager, pay new manager etc.. seems bloody hard in the covid world.

I know it's painful, but just ride it out until the spring and see where we are.

Also give up on the oldies who have checked out and use the games to really find out which kids have futures here and which can be moved on.

We still do not know with so many of them. Nelson, ESR, Willock, AMN etc..

roz

Fake News Merchant
Yep, that's the most logical conclusion. And agreed on the reset, unfortunately every decision the Kroenkes have ever made for this football club has been half arsed, so I can never see it happening either. Sad times.
It will get worse I think. On top of all those things we mentioned it looks as if the players have completely given up on Arteta. Funny thing is, we sack Arteta and we might get a 2/3 game bounce before reverting back to this shiyte. We’re finished.

No manager can turn this around with who we have running things upstairs, infuriatingly the player’s think they’re better than that which they’re not.

Polar Bear

Get him out now, I am sick and tired of this. We are in a relegation scrap now, no joking and no hyperbole at all, we are gonna end up in the relegation zone with this guy, get him out now ASAP

The teams below us have all played less games, in fact Burnley have played 2 games less than us!!!, we are in big trouble, we are dropping like a stone each week and all the relegation fodder are catching us, we are going to be in the relegation zone very soon, its just a fact, sack Arteta now, I've had enough of it, this guy is sending us into the abyss

Awful game again today, all we do is hit and hope, there is no good creation or play, its just hitting balls into the box and hoping that something drops for us, we only scored because we got a penalty, we ain't scoring without a penalty in that match. Enough is enough, I don't want to see him in the Chelsea game, nothing is magically going to change.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It will get worse I think. On top of all those things we mentioned it looks as if the players have completely given up on Arteta. Funny thing is, we sack Arteta and we might get a 2/3 game bounce before reverting back to this shiyte. We’re finished.

No manager can turn this around with who we have running things upstairs, infuriatingly the player’s think they’re better than that which they’re not.

Completely agree, and the thing is the club completely deserves to be where they find themselves. The incompetence over the last decade has become scandalous, and the club has rotted to the core. By basically every metric other than the odd FA cup, Sp**s have overtaken us as a club. Imagine thinking that a decade ago.

Maybe the club needs this period of proper mid table mediocrity for revenues to fall to the point where the Kroenke's **** off. Its very wishful thinking though.

Reactions: roz

Rosso

AM's Resident United Fan
It's not just the 30+ players, and the free agents. Tell me which other top club with ambitions is loaning players? It just doesn't happen much.

City- No one there is on loan

Liverpool- No one there on loan

United- No one on loan
We’ve got Ighalo on loan until January.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE I didn't watch an Arsenal game, whether it be live or a replay. I usually hid notifications and watch us play later but THIS TIME I SKIPPED IT ALTOGETHER & just watched extended highlights. I have no passion left - when we got the penalty I was shocked we even scored. Our board is either blind or don't give two ****s if we lost or get relegated. This is a joke FFS. I have never seen such a stupid way to run a team. Any person with half a brain would say sack Mikel and start over. Sure, call the season a write off but FFS at least change something! UGH I AM SO ANGRY! I am no longer watching us anymore, I will just check the score and see if I want to waste 5 minutes of my life watching highlights.

D

Dial Square 1886

FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE I didn't watch an Arsenal game, whether it be live or a replay. I usually hid notifications and watch us play later but THIS TIME I SKIPPED IT ALTOGETHER & just watched extended highlights. I have no passion left - when we got the penalty I was shocked we even scored. Our board is either blind or don't give two ****s if we lost or get relegated. This is a joke FFS. I have never seen such a stupid way to run a team. Any person with half a brain would say sack Mikel and start over. Sure, call the season a write off but FFS at least change something! UGH I AM SO ANGRY! I am no longer watching us anymore, I will just check the score and see if I want to waste 5 minutes of my life watching highlights.

In your whole life?

Really??

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name

I know it's DT, but what scares me is that fans think there is some rotten core from the Wenger era, but there are so few players staying over from that time. How can so many be willing to bat for someone who has no experience and has shown nothing and let him rip apart this squad and bring in his own players, when he's brought in Willian?

Top Bottom