• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Arteta says similar stuff after most defeats about how the team actually did what he wanted them to do but we were just unlucky, couldn't finish, etc. Either he's blind, delusional or just straight up lying. It's like the NLD, he was acting as if it wasn't Jose's strategy to just let us have the ball once they went 2-0 up, Arteta was insinuating that us having the ball so much was down to our good play. If he for one minute thought that then he's just completely delusional, it's like he's never watched a Mourinho team in his life.

The worrying trend is that he sees the same issues in basically all our defeats bar Liverpool and City, where we fall behind and struggle to break teams down but says everything goes according to his plan. So basically he's saying there's no need to change anything and he'll just keep doing what he's doing.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

A lot of people going on about Arteta & how he's still learning to be a manager.

Nothing wrong with that, learning is a life-long process but this is no place for him to be coddled & allowed the time to develop his skills. We're a big club who should be contending for major honours, not languishing in the bottom half of the table.

This is Arsenal not Crewe Alexandria.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arteta says similar stuff after most defeats about how the team actually did what he wanted them to do but we were just unlucky, couldn't finish, etc. Either he's blind, delusional or just straight up lying. It's like the NLD, he was acting as if it wasn't Jose's strategy to just let us have the ball once they went 2-0 up, Arteta was insinuating that us having the ball so much was down to our good play. If he for one minute thought that then he's just completely delusional, it's like he's never watched a Mourinho team in his life.

The worrying trend is that he sees the same issues in basically all our defeats bar Liverpool and City, where we fall behind and struggle to break teams down but says everything goes according to his plan. So basically he's saying there's no need to change anything and he'll just keep doing what he's doing.
What seems clear to me is that players are too constricted and it's too precise what they're being asked to do. There's no freedom for them to express themselves. You can see the cogs turning over in their brains and slowness of their decisions. "Now what does Arteta want, I can hear him shouting".

And whilst this might work at City where the players have more quality and are more technical, it's not working with your Cedrics and Xhakas. Even Partey who started well, now looks a bit confused when he has the ball and is starting to give it away.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Is it though? He obviously instructs Bellerin to come in field a lot, which baffles me as he's the last player you'd want in that role. Especially when AMN has been on the bench all season.
Did you watch Carragher's analysis on Sky of Bellerin's positioning in the Sp**s game. It was a joke.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Which other site? So let me get this straight, you think only 1 person has the common sense to spot Artetas uselessness and everyone else is just copy pasting? Arteta's snazzy hair and outfits really must have done a number on you.

And yes, everyone knows we could have had the creative player Arteta wanted in Aouar for 55million. I just pointed out how Arteta could have managed his squad better by raising the funds.

Lol.

Its funny because at the start Arteta adapted to what he had, hence why he was playing 5 at the back. He couldn't bring defensive stability straight away in a back 4. So he went to that 5 at the back until the shape was drilled into the players. When we were ready we moved to a back 4 which is what Arteta would like to do.

A manager can only adapt to what he has for so long, after a while he needs to go down the path that he wants for the squad. And its clear what we want. Full backs bombing forward, Xhaka in this instance dropping deeper, two wide forwards coming inside and the striker dropping deeper to link play. Hence why Auba doesn't work as well up front as he does on the left.

People berating Arteta like yourself are entitled to your opinions. But he's a fantastic coach, its been said multiple times by multiple people within the game. But please if you're going to say hes useless back it up with something other that nonsense. Give us some facts to back your posting. Like I have above.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
What seems clear to me is that players are too constricted and it's too precise what they're being asked to do. There's no freedom for them to express themselves. You can see the cogs turning over in their brains and slowness of their decisions. "Now what does Arteta want, I can hear him shouting".

And whilst this might work at City where the players have more quality and are more technical, it's not working with your Cedrics and Xhakas. Even Partey who started well, now looks a bit confused when he has the ball and is starting to give it away.

ESR specifically said the manager gave him freedom. Its down to the players not just the manager. If the players aren't capable of playing with freedom then that isn't on the manager. Weve seen our better players play with freedom for a reason.

Taxi Driver

Who even are you?

DecisiveDescriptiveDowitcher-size_restricted.gif

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

ESR specifically said the manager gave him freedom. Its down to the players not just the manager. If the players aren't capable of playing with freedom then that isn't on the manager. Weve seen our better players play with freedom for a reason.
Lool management is little more than hey I give you freedom go and express yourself. The team is poorly coached and you can see when we are attacking we have no structure. We are on par to score less than 50 goals in the pl. by far the worst we done on pl. why is it so hard to grasp that the man who has never managed before maybe just isn’t good at it. I would get it if he had track record his weird fans can point to and say this is what he is capable off.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

Specifically for yesterdays loss, I cant see how Artetas shouting was responsible for
  • Multiple goal-saving interceptions from man of the match Tyrone Mings
  • Pepe failing to pick out an unmarked player with a cross (Gabrielle?) and instead lashing the ball into the side netting
  • Ødegaard missing the target with a very very presentable chance
  • Pepe failing to have basic control of the ball in the box when one on one with a defender during the last moments of the game

Don't get me wrong, Villa had multiple presentable chances on the break and there was absolutely no need to concede the game by bringing on Willian.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Specifically for yesterdays loss, I cant see how Artetas shouting was responsible for
  • Multiple goal-saving interceptions from man of the match Tyrone Mings
  • Pepe failing to pick out an unmarked player with a cross (Gabrielle?) and instead lashing the ball into the side netting
  • Ødegaard missing the target with a very very presentable chance
  • Pepe failing to have basic control of the ball in the box when one on one with a defender during the last moments of the game

Don't get me wrong, Villa had multiple presentable chances on the break and there was absolutely no need to concede the game by bringing on Willian.

I think what he's trying to say is that in an attacking sense, the players are being given all these instructions which this must follow out in terms of where to pass, where they should be positioned, very specific details which they must follow. Rather than playing with their instincts and with freedom, they're constantly thinking what they must do and what specifically Arteta wants from them and clearly some of the players are either unable to follow the instructions or Arteta's instructions aren't what's best for the team in an attacking sense.

Corbulo

I really don't think Arteta turned anything around that a half competent coach wouldn't have done in the same situation. You can find mitigating circumstances at every turn; it's been a difficult transfer window, the world is suffering through a pandemic, the wife has stopped wearing thongs etc, but these are the circumstances every manager has to deal with. There are current managers who don't have half of the resources and talent that Arteta is in possession of, and yet they are still doing a better job.

We didn't get here by bad luck, unplanned pregnancy or multiple red cards, but by systematically stripping technique and creativity from the team and whipping all the individuality out of the remaining players. I'm sad and angry that he proved to be like this, because I liked Arteta as a player but it's time to start dating again. The board should be looking for a new manager, and we should allow ourselves to feel beautiful again.

I also agree about the micromanagement issue. Arteta is behaving like a helicopter wife, always freaking out with the thought that his husband may make the wrong move.

Most of his decision-making is about minimising risks. The ball is allowed to go backwards or sideways, but it can't go forward unless it's through very certain routes, in accordance with the department procedures where we've got ourselves covered.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I really don't think Arteta turned anything around that a half competent coach wouldn't have done in the same situation. You can find mitigating circumstances at every turn; it's been a difficult transfer window, the world is suffering through a pandemic, the wife has stopped wearing thongs etc, but these are the circumstances every manager has to deal with. There are current managers who don't have half of the resources and talent that Arteta is in possession of, and yet they are still doing a better job.

We didn't get here by bad luck, unplanned pregnancy or multiple red cards, but by systematically stripping technique and creativity from the team and whipping all the individuality out of the remaining players. I'm sad and angry that he proved to be like this, because I liked Arteta as a player but it's time to start dating again. The board should be looking for a new manager, and we should allow ourselves to feel beautiful again.

I also agree about the micromanagement issue. Arteta is behaving like a helicopter wife, always freaking out with the thought that his husband may make the wrong move.

Most of his decision-making is about minimising risks. The ball is allowed to go backwards or sideways, but it can't go forward unless it's through very certain routes, in accordance with the department procedures where we've got ourselves covered.
:lol: Top post.

Latest posts

Top Bottom