• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

GDeep™

League is very weak
You’re a hard one to work out lad.. You sound as if you’re back on board :lol:

Look at Chelsea rescue you the other night , unbelievable ffs
Chelsea are a better team I think.

I’m always backing Arteta, just have to call out his weaknesses sometimes, like I did with Wenger.

With better players he’ll have us competing for top 4, no doubt, just that our spending since Wenger has left has been atrocious - you backed it though with your hard on for Raul.

The only area where Arteta has been definitively better than Emery is the goals conceded. But that is cancelled out by a worse goal scored as well as points per game.

I think we have improved passing the ball out from the back and we are more press resilient than before.

I doubt he will be sacked. I don't think we can afford it. So it will be interesting to see how he grows as manager next season!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Chelsea are a better team I think.

I’m always backing Arteta, just have to call out his weaknesses sometimes, like I did with Wenger.

With better players he’ll have us competing for top 4, no doubt, just that our spending since Wenger has left has been atrocious - you backed it though with your hard on for Raul.
:lol: It was never like that, I didn’t really have an opinion on the guy. Just went along with the big **** shtick... At the end of the day he done a lot of good here too.

Reactions: A_G

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I figured I'd go for something in the middle of the park, with a point for optimism. Turns out I am among the most optimistic lunatics here...

6 is high enough to quickly go Arteta-In if he is a success, but you can backtrack to " GET THAT ****ER OUTTA MY CLUB - ****IN' FRAUD OF A MAN".

A very safe bet.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I voted 3 as I feel we've really regressed even further this season. I wasn't convinced by Arteta after the way we finished the league campaign last season after lockdown but after we won the cup I'd have easily gave him a 9 or 10 vote as I really thought we'd build on that and challenge for top 4 this season. Of course I'd gladly eat my words and have him back up at 9/10 if he can deliver us the Europa League to end the season.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
If Arteta does turn it around in the next 12 months or so there's going to be some fairly major back tracking going on around here I think :lol:

The position is bad. It's bad being 11th but we have to ask questions if Arteta can improve as a manager and the team because he is here to stay.

We are defending better, we are passing out from the back better and beating the press better. It is a decent foundation moving forward.

We have Partey yet to show his best with us. Tierney is fully adapted and doing well. Saka and ESR are still very young and learning, they will improve. Saka is now contributing a lot better in goals and assists.

I just wish Arteta would stop being such a sucker for losers like Luiz, Willian, Cedric, etc... We need better players in these positions!

Reactions: A_G

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
He's really hanging on by a thread right now. He can redeem himself at his point, but he has it all to do. Another streak of losses and it's certainly over for him. It'd already be over for him if fans were at the stadium (they turn on Arteta, team turns on Arteta). People say COVID made his job harder, I don't think he'd have the job right now if it wasn't for COVID.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
^that said, I put my faith in him at a 7 right now.... Mostly blind optimism and hope for the club to do better. Also, he does know football and his tactics at least have us creating chances and defending OK now.

Iceman10

Established Member
If Arteta does turn it around in the next 12 months or so there's going to be some fairly major back tracking going on around here I think :lol:

In my case I’m mainly collecting observations. There is nothing stopping Arteta from growing and ironing out any weaknesses over time. My main concern is Arteta with big transfer budgets vs. Arteta with small transfer budgets. The latter happens if we don’t get into EL next season. These concerns come from Arteta’s utilisation of the squad he has to work with. You can sideline assets more easily if you are managing City or United, sell those sidelined on the cheap, and spend big with replacements. Not so much under certain other circumstances.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom