• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I never understand this sort of thinking. If he does then great, but it doesn’t change how poor he or we have been this season.

It's like losing 11 league game is not something to be held accountable to, I don't understand this kind of thinking at all.

Bar a couple of people here, everyone wants him to do well, it's just that he lost a lot of people's faith with the way we've played this season. This is our worst campaign in years and we might end outside of Europe and people will still find a way to defend and excuse it.

Didn't see this level of stannery when Emery rightfully got the sack.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Good times. Those purple-brown crystals are something else!

Might put it on my schedule when the bars are open to 04:00 again here in Iceland. I want to finish my young days strongly!
Purple brown? Interesting... I’ve had a fist sized brown cluster in my possession before, but no purple in it. Easily the worst tasting thing on this planet I reckon.

Melquiades

No it's not boring it's an interesting study in human nature. You'd think people p!ssed with top 4 for not winning the league, who wanted both Wenger and Emery gone, would be be even more p!ssed at being 11th and playing poor football.

But apparently not. Discuss.

1) Not all anti-Wenger posters are pro-Arteta. Personally I was pro-Wenger and am an Arteta-neutral.

2) I'm sure many anti-Wenger supporters would look back now and say those views were harsh with the benefit of hindsight. That doesn't mean mean that you can't support a different manager working in a vastly different situation.

3) Wenger was a terrific manager, but it should be pretty clear (and it wasn't when he was let go) that his last couple summers really contributed to the hole that this team is in now.

Wenger is almost 72 years old. Even if he had been kept in 2018, he'd probably be retired by now. He's older now than AF when he retired from United. He's gone. Let it go. Nothing that's happening right now really has anything to do with him anymore.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It's like losing 11 league game is not something to be held accountable to, I don't understand this kind of thinking at all.

Bar a couple of people here, everyone wants him to do well, it's just that he lost a lot of people's faith with the way we've played this season. This is our worst campaign in years and we might end outside of Europe and people will still find a way to defend and excuse it.

Didn't see this level of stannery when Emery rightfully got the sack.
I don’t see anybody not holding him accountable for the losses.

What do you mean when you say people will still find ways to excuse a terrible season at the end of it? What evidence have you got of that and why do you think they would do that?

Why would you expect fans on this board particularly to be robotically consistent when it comes to judging two managers over the course of 3 seasons? Football isn’t as simple as that. Opinions and expectations change over time according to lots of things. Probably better to answer these questions honestly than to bemoan why as many people aren’t as anti Mikel as they were Emery.

Purple brown? Interesting... I’ve had a fist sized brown cluster in my possession before, but no purple in it. Easily the worst tasting thing on this planet I reckon.

Just some impurities in the product I've seen I think. Nobody bothering with recrystallization at that stage of the product. Extra work and time just for clearer crystals make no sense for the seller I guess!

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We all labelled Emery as a defensive coach and yet we scored the third most goals in the league in his first season. At one point we were even ahead of the likes of Liverpool on goalscored. But under Arteta we're being outscored by midtable teams with worse attack than ours. I think it's fair to give Arteta more time but to say that we've improved is just an insult to our intelligence.

11th in the table is not an improvement under any circumstances. Our attack is top six in terms of quality but performing like a bottom table side.

We have a better attackk than Leicester but they're making mockery of the fact we need to bring in more quality. I don't care what anyone says, Barnes and Albrighton are not better than Pepe but Rodgers is getting good performances out of them.

Whether we like it or not, the board will give him this season and next season but I don't think he's going to turn it around. The only positive is that the players are still solidly behind him.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
the poll should be on Kroenke's klowns performance. Not falling into the trap of thinking the manager is the one to hold the can.

An ambitious board and good smart ownership and stewardship makes the difference. Managers can only do so much, and we dont really know how much their hands are tied or strengthened behind the scenes.

I mean the first bloody thing these clowns did was to ask Arteta to negotiate a wage cut with the players. Even right now, he has to manage with two Madrid tourists and two Chelsea retirees.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

1) Not all anti-Wenger posters are pro-Arteta. Personally I was pro-Wenger and am an Arteta-neutral.

2) I'm sure many anti-Wenger supporters would look back now and say those views were harsh with the benefit of hindsight. That doesn't mean mean that you can't support a different manager working in a vastly different situation.

3) Wenger was a terrific manager, but it should be pretty clear (and it wasn't when he was let go) that his last couple summers really contributed to the hole that this team is in now.

Wenger is almost 72 years old. Even if he had been kept in 2018, he'd probably be retired by now. He's older now than AF when he retired from United. He's gone. Let it go. Nothing that's happening right now really has anything to do with him anymore.
Not holding Arteta accountable for the turgid mid table stuff we've seen this year after abusing Arsène for getting continuous top 4 is about as relevant as you can get.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member

He’d be retired, but the club could’ve had a better transition if he wasn’t forced out. Fans really destabilized the team at that time.

shoot for the top

the poll should be on Kroenke's klowns performance. Not falling into the trap of thinking the manager is the one to hold the can.

An ambitious board and good smart ownership and stewardship makes the difference. Managers can only do so much, and we dont really know how much their hands are tied or strengthened behind the scenes.

I mean the first bloody thing these clowns did was to ask Arteta to negotiate a wage cut with the players. Even right now, he has to manage with two Madrid tourists and two Chelsea retirees.

Arteta wanted these "two Madrid tourists and two Chelsea retirees".

LG10

Lockdown footy is nutty, if it weren’t for refs we’d be close to the top 4 at least. Arteta also not given a proper pre season is big.

People are unhappy with our poor league position which is fair, easy think to do is blame the manager. But I guarantee if we sack him and get someone else nothing will change. It’s clearly not a coaching issue.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Lockdown footy is nutty, if it weren’t for refs we’d be close to the top 4 at least. Arteta also not given a proper pre season is big.

People are unhappy with our poor league position which is fair, easy think to do is blame the manager. But I guarantee if we sack him and get someone else nothing will change. It’s clearly not a coaching issue.
It’s a club issue. Poor running of the club, yearly change of model/structure, big money wasted over the last 3 years etc.

Guys like @Jury backed Raul and his business massively, and now he’s doubting those same signings and business which was done by Raul because it doesn’t suit his current Arsenal Defense League agenda.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

I not going to validate your unadulterated and unsubstantiated horse **** accusations and creative bollocks with a proper answer. No need to. Anyone who can follow a few posts can see your pathetic and bumbling overreaction. Get some fresh air.
Everyone who has followed a few posts seems to agree with me. You aren't fooling anyone with this fantasy that you're withholding a proper answer. You don't have the wherewithal to form one. Also, it's you're, not your.

Mod edit: No personal insults allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kav

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
It's an ownership issue but Arteta has to help himself more. Bad as the owners are the squad we had at the beginning of the season should not have had a problem with getting a top six placing at least.

Initially he showed signs of tactical awareness and studying the oppostion but in recent imes we've been inflexible and predictable and relied on individual moments of inspiration to get us through.

He needs to know what his core 16/18 players are and rely on prudent rotation to keep the team fresh. He needs to work on dead ball situations in attack. He needs to encourage players to play the ball forward quicker and take fewer risks in passing the ball at the back. He needs to use the players in squad - even Nketiah and Nelson - or get rid of them.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We can all agree we should be doing better than 12th. I mean it’s the worst and weakest season in the history of the PL, even Moyes has West Ham flying. That club was the biggest circus in the PL when he joined.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Everyone who has followed a few posts seems to agree with me. You aren't fooling anyone with this fantasy that you're withholding a proper answer. You don't have the wherewithal to form one. Also, it's you're, not your.
Mod edit: No personal insults allowed.
No, it’s ‘your’ actually :lol:

So you are basing my stupidity on your own actual stupidity?

Apologise and delete or just pretend it didn’t happen?

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom