• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
All the same roles, technical, sporting director of football etc.

Apparently Overmars is available in the summer. Being Dutch and part of the Ajax system, you suspect his model is more geared towards developing players.

So there's really only room for one and Edu's our guy right now. It's not even a year since they sacked Raul, i'd be surprised if Edu was moved on already. I guess we stick with him and Arteta and if it goes tits up next season both of them probably go.

Iceman10

Established Member
Again, the bulk of this roster is signed or extended under Arteta - up to 12 players I think, and we’re nearly 14th or something.

Also, Leno, Gabriel, Tierney, Partey, Auba etc is better than what we had between 2016-18.

I’m not so hard on him on signings, unlike squad utilisation (which I am not happy with). Gabriel and Partey were good buys, I’m also ok with Mari for depth. The main problem is Willian although this is in general a better rate of success than before Arteta came in. It’s hard to say Arteta has had the good of Tierney and Partey when they’ve been out injured so much.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Your criticism of Arteta is clearly stretching into other areas of the management of this club, areas which are more down to other people. Apparently Arteta is Arsène Wenger and is meant to single handedly run the club now. But the man who hires him and who is meant to oversee our vision/transfers is blameless, okay.
Not what I’m saying tbh, but let’s just leave it here. Arteta will get his players anyways, let’s see what happens.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Who runs the club? Vinai? Josh? Who does Edu answer to?
Edu answers to Vinai, Vinai answers to Josh.

Only Edu and Arteta have any real input on the footballing side at executive level, but they have to ask for permission for transfers and etc.

Last edited:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Not what I’m saying tbh, but let’s just leave it here. Arteta will get his players anyways, let’s see what happens.
I dunno man the main point of all my posts is that we have weak boardroom management of this club which intersects the easiness of his job. People who dislike Arteta could still see those things, it doesnt really take away from if you think Arteta isnt good enough.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Apparently Overmars is available in the summer. Being Dutch and part of the Ajax system, you suspect his model is more geared towards developing young players.
I think Richard Garlick got the role they were looking at Overmars for.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
So what you're saying is that if we made a mistake firing Wenger, we should just continue repeating that mistake into infinity when every single manager brought in here can't meet unrealistic expectations?

It feels like you're so bitter about Wenger that you just want to burn everything to the ground out of spite.

Personally I don't give two ****s about Wenger at this point. I'm going to judge whatever manager we have going forward based on how he performs with the roster he has, the decisions about new players brought into the team, and whether the team is improving and moving in a positive direction.

The level of player in this squad clearly dropped a huge amount between 2016 and 2020. I don't think anyone could possibly deny this. To judge a new manager coming into the team with a much worse squad than prior managers by the same standard as those managers is abjectly ridiculous.
What are you on about? We're in the bottom half of the table playing poor football and we've spent more on players recently than ever before. So if you're going to 'judge a manager on how he performs' then you've got a pretty poor opinion of where this club should be. And this stuff about the squad is just making excuses for him.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Don't even mind any poster who says, 'Yeah, Arteta's doing sh!t, but lets give him a little longer at least, to see if can learn fast'.

But all these people making excuses for him, plain ridiculous.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Don't even mind any poster who says, 'Yeah, Arteta's doing sh!t, but lets give him a little longer at least, to see if can learn fast'.

Yeah it's so strange, I mean some posters are rightly picking out Arteta's problems but are on the whole on his side, that's fine.

But some are just denying he's doing anything wrong at all when it's clear that there are atleast a few things he could be doing better (and that's being kind), just bizarre.

It makes me feel like it's some sort of vindication game, where if Arteta succeeds they can come back saying how they were right all along and never doubted Arteta. Smh.

Iceman10

Established Member
Yeah it's so strange, I mean some posters are rightly picking out Arteta's problems but are on the whole on his side, that's fine.

But some are just denying he's doing anything wrong at all when it's clear that there are atleast a few things he could be doing better (and that's being kind), just bizarre.

It makes me feel like it's some sort of vindication game, where if Arteta succeeds they can come back saying how they were right all along and never doubted Arteta. Smh.

A few days back there were a couple of quick in and outs of coming in here and saying some latest comments were ridiculous without saying what exactly was ridiculous or pressing the case to back Arteta in any detail. Such comments reflect badly on that side of the argument overall. There are some good arguments on Arteta’s side, in pros vs. cons, but *some* who seem to be highly invested in him are totally skipping those arguments and just going with emotion or emperor’s new clothes stuff. In fairness there are still a few here who are trying and actually facilitating some debate. I get that some were angry that not much changed in here after the win against Benfica but while acknowledging the win it is not realistic to expect the performance over two legs to be lauded.

TinFish

He needs to go.

We all had so much belief in him when he forst arrived at the club - everyone was wanking over his press conference interview. He came across as a leader, passionate and aggressive at the right time.

The man I am seeing now is a shadow of what he promised when he first arrived.

Let me remind you, watch this:

We act and play like a small club. I am bitterly disappointed.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

Yes it depends, if you are pretending that Arteta is doing a great job and the blame isnt down to him at all then ofc that is protecting. But for example apparently saying that if the boardroom continues like this it will damage the club with or without Arteta.. is an excuse. Some people who obviously don't like Arteta are getting so touchy that if you even try to comment on state of the club and its leadership/ownership you are making excuses for him.

Think some people need to zoom out and realise that they are doing the exact thing they're accusing you of in the opposite direction. But anyway this forum is how it is, a lot of people use it to complain so having a balanced view on things is taken out of context.

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
You can’t hire and fire managers every season, especially when in difficult circumstances they have shown some promise. Arteta has won a trophy here, has shown coaching ability, has got results against big opposition, has a squad that is fully behind him etc. Has shown enough to be given another summer to further build his squad and atleast be given a chance to do something in his second full season.

A club like us, which is in massive decline, with no ambition, poor owners, a club that never has really backed any of our managers, are in no position to cast aside a young talent like Arteta this quick, when his replacement is more than likely to be some bum, given that our owner hasn’t hired an elite manager ever since Wenger has left.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Who wants 4 managers in 4 years anyway? That’s constant chopping and changing and a club in constant transition. Nothing more boring and disheartening than going into a season knowing you aren’t doing anything because your club is in transition due to a new manager - different if you’re Chelsea because you have a great squad and are hiring elite managers.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
You can’t hire and fire managers every season, especially when in difficult circumstances they have shown some promise. Arteta has won a trophy here, has shown coaching ability, has got results against big opposition, has a squad that is fully behind him etc. Has shown enough to be given another summer to further build his squad and atleast be given a chance to do something in his second full season.

A club like us, which is in massive decline, with no ambition, poor owners, a club that never has really backed any of our managers, are in no position to cast aside a young talent like Arteta this quick, when his replacement is more than likely to be some bum, given that our owner hasn’t hired an elite manager ever since Wenger has left.
Yeah it's a crime recently to not **** on or moan about Arteta in every other post. Apparently sharing the view you just said there is protecting Arteta and closing your eyes to our current struggles. Bit delusional imo.

Last edited:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Who wants 4 managers in 4 years anyway? That’s constant chopping and changing and a club in constant transition. Nothing more boring and disheartening than going into a season knowing you aren’t doing anything because your club is in transition due to a new manager - different if you’re Chelsea because you have a great squad and are hiring elite managers.
Keeping a manager for the sake of avoiding embarrassment is equally as bad though.

Arteta is here next season anyways regardless of the results, we have no choice but to get behind him and hope for the best.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Yep and I repeatedly say that United made that mistake and gave each next manager a bigger load to have to fix. They learnt that after a legendary manager who was everything about the club, they will have to rebuild the squad and the culture around the club.

Otherwise you're just painting over a piece of turd, and thats what a club as poorly run as us will do if we don't go down this route.

Last edited:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom