• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

LG10

Another coaching masterclass, give him some ****ing money in the summer and we’re golden. Better coach than Rodgers that’s for sure.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Think the Burnley game is huge for us. Too many times we’ve had a great result then completely fallen apart the next.

Beating Liverpool and losing to Villa the next game last season or beating Utd away then getting smashed by Villa again at home or even playing West Brom off the park then doing nothing for 90 minutes at home to a **** Palace side a few days later.

If we’re going to be a top team the bipolar performances have to stop. You can’t take games off like we seem to do so often. That’s what worries me about Arteta more than anything so if he can get some consistency out of this squad even just in performances it’ll go a long way.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Think the Burnley game is huge for us. Too many times we’ve had a great result then completely fallen apart the next.

Beating Liverpool and losing to Villa the next game last season or beating Utd away then getting smashed by Villa again at home or even playing West Brom off the park then doing nothing for 90 minutes at home to a **** Palace side a few days later.

If we’re going to be a top team the bipolar performances have to stop. You can’t take games off like we seem to do so often. That’s what worries me about Arteta more than anything so if he can get some consistency out of this squad even just in performances it’ll go a long way.

I'm mostly glad that we managed to rest Saka and Partey, shame we had to play ESR but someone was bound to be overplayed and I don't know the situation with Ødegaard fitness wise.

At least thats ESR not being played on the wing, where he's less involved.

Should mean Auba with Pepe and Saka either side of him for Burnley if he doesn't drop nico.

Hopefully he realizes that Cedric is a better partner for Nico and that if he has to play, you play him with Saka and move Pepe to the left.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
People still call him average? This was a very convincing win. Even City shipped 5 goals. We need to support Mikel.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I'm mostly glad that we managed to rest Saka and Partey, shame we had to play ESR but someone was bound to be overplayed and I don't know the situation with Ødegaard fitness wise.

At least thats ESR not being played on the wing, where he's less involved.

Should mean Auba with Pepe and Saka either side of him for Burnley if he doesn't drop nico.

Hopefully he realizes that Cedric is a better partner for Nico and that if he has to play, you play him with Saka and move Pepe to the left.

He might rest guys again for Burnley because afterwards we have three huge games in seven days.

Olympiakos twice with the NLD in the middle. Ideally we play full strength side in all three.

sdotzdot

Established Member
Some very odd choices today.

bringing in Mari, stopped playing Cedric whilst in form to suddenly bring him back, Elneny, resting Auba and Saka.

He rested our star players against Leicester away when there’s so many games left as if to say he doesn’t care about the league anymore, it worked, but doesn’t sit right with me when the Manager of Arsenal is doing that.

Paid off on this occasion but the general view would be calling for his head saying these were disastrous choices that were made. The margins between a disaster and a master class in football are so very thin.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
People still call him average? This was a very convincing win. Even City shipped 5 goals. We need to support Mikel.
Once again we should stop comparing ourselves with other teams like City. Leicester are better away from home, at home they've lost 6 times now, including against Fulham, Leeds. And that win happened at the start of the season when City hadn't warmed up yet.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I don't think at this stage of Arteta's managerial career you can put him in the same bracket as Rodgers. One win is only one win and Arteta is still in his infancy as a manager.

I think Arteta has the potential to be as good as manager as Rodgers, maybe better, but it's only potential at this stage. He could still fail here after all.

Rodgers has shown himself to be in that 'Not quite WC but very good manager' bracket for quite some time. Arteta is some way off that yet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom