• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Gerard Romero / RAC is a good source for Barça, it makes sense too, Arteta checks all the boxes for the type of manager they need right now.

That said, I don't think he'll have any interest in this until he achieves something with Arsenal (more than FA Cup and potentially Europa League). I think he's very invested in this project and we can count on him for a couple more seasons at least, getting this club back to where he knows it should be as he promised when hired. He's also no fool and knows what a mess Barça is at the moment financially.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
At this stage the Barca job is more of a poison chalice job than Arsenal.

A relatively weak yet overpaid squad likely to lose Messi in the summer with severe financial issues behind the scenes and an incompetent board.

Good luck to whoever gets the job :lol:

Yes, but at the same time they have one of the strongest 'brand values' in world sport, they'll bounce back. Plus they actually have a great core of young players, they have two of the most valuable young players in Europe for example.

Kav

Established Member
They can take him.

@Macho will drive him to the airport while you, hairspray and manberg can stand outside heathrow with placards saying that Arteta is your God.

All while DT screams on Aftv about how he’s done with Arsenal and @GDeep™ promises that he won’t post again until we get a good young manager.

While @OnlyOne argues that the next manager can’t be taller than 5”8 and anything else is discriminatory. @Trilly will have to verify if the next manager has enough sauce and @Makingtrax will show us how we are statistically better off without Arteta.

Last edited:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
It'll be interesting because barca are going to rebuild mode but i think they'll hire Xavi. Arteta won't go there he know he safe here and he want to continue the rebuilding with barca going to be difficult any failure and he'll be sacked.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
To be honest, if Barca get rid of Messi that will help their money troubles a lot. Because he pulls their wage structure up by his gravity

They'll have players on high wages for a while but they don't have to pay so much for new players.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
That would take some doing :lol:

For what it’s worth though and despite where we sit, I do believe he has a very clear vision and backs himself, even if the club might not. The players are all on board as well so it looks a tight ship.

The only players that are on board are those undeserving and are getting minutes.

I hope Barcelona takes him. It's hard watch my Arsenal managed by this fraud.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The only players that are on board are those undeserving and are getting minutes.

I hope Barcelona takes him. It's hard watch my Arsenal managed by this fraud.
Nah, it’s pretty much unanimous that the squad are with Mikel, apart from those that are in the position that players at every club are, where they feel they should be getting more time. Sometimes I think if AM had its way, we would be attempting to sneak 16 players onto the field every match :lol:

Don’t be mad that the players and manager are united—this is the very least you should want as a fan.

Iceman10

Established Member
Don’t want to make too big a deal of it but I hope the manager is looking into why we’ve been a bit lethargic during first 5-10 mins in the PL. Not asking for a crazy overcompensation but at least some sort of adjustment.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

That was a better game yesterday. We went behind and showed character to come back and win 3-1 against Leicester, a team much higher than us in the table. And the football was better in the final third even if our transition is still too slow.

But I'm far from happy about supporting my team that has never been 1oth before or even 8th like last year, not since George Graham was here. We've always been top 4 and Champions League.

For me this is taking some getting used to, and a big adjustment. And I'm still really p!ssed how this all came about. But if this is a stepping stone back to where we should be then I'm prepared to be patient and see if this form can be replicated and improved on like @al-Ustaadh keeps telling us.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
That was a better game yesterday. We went behind and showed character to come back and win 3-1 against Leicester, a team much higher than us in the table. And the football was better in the final third even if our transition is still too slow.

But I'm far from happy about supporting my team that has never been 1oth before or even 8th like last year, not since George Graham was here. We've always been top 4 and Champions League.

For me this is taking some getting used to, and a big adjustment. And I'm still really p!ssed how this all came about. But if this is a stepping stone back to where we should be then I'm prepared to be patient and see if this form can be replicated and improved on like @al-Ustaadh keeps telling us.
Rest assured, your promised land of 6th place, 5-0 thrashings and an empty stadium is on the horizon! Raise the sail!!!

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Barca in for Arteta but he’s not good enough for Arsenal manager. Aye.
Koeman is not good enough for Arsenal. Gerardo martino is not good enough for Arsenal. But these coaches have managed Barca. I'm not saying Arteta is not good enough. I'm willing to give him more time. I'll reassess my position at the end of the season. But to suggest that he's good enough for Arsenal because Barca wants him is laughable.

I bet you if bring Ronald Koeman here, most fans will give up on Arsenal :lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Rest assured, your promised land of 6th place, 5-0 thrashings and an empty stadium is on the horizon! Raise the sail!!!
Well if we're only heading up to that point where the best manager in the history of the club was at his very lowest point having been forced to his knees by two years of continuous protests, planes, rants and personal abuse . . . you've just depressed me again, after feeling a bit more positive. Because we're still 4 places below that after 3 years, 18 new players and almost £300m, the biggest injection of capital in any 3 year period.

Last edited:

blrgooner

Established Member
Don’t want to make too big a deal of it but I hope the manager is looking into why we’ve been a bit lethargic during first 5-10 mins in the PL. Not asking for a crazy overcompensation but at least some sort of adjustment.
True that. I think we conceded in the first 10 mins in 4 out of the last 7 games in EPL? considering that we didn`t concede any other goal in these games and still ended up losing 2 of those games, there definitely is some issue which needs to be addressed and improved upon. Looks like we are doing fairly well defensively except for the first 10 mins though.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

If you look at our history, it is not such a big anomaly. After successful periods there has always been a slump. I am sure it will be character building for some of our supporters.

For those who clamour for title wins, unless we get new owners who are prepared to invest significant sums into the club, we will not win another league title.

That the club might be brought back to top four under its own resources is a possibility. Anything above that, you need changes in ownership.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

That the club might be brought back to top four under its own resources is a possibility. Anything above that, you need changes in ownership.
When I joined here in 2015 very few fans understood this though. Some still don't, but by and large there's been a huge reality check. 'Top 4 is not a trophy' and 'any manager can get top 4 with Arsenal' are slogans of the past. Staggers me how many believed that boll*cks though.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Well if we're only heading up to that point where the best manager in the history of the club was at his very lowest point having been forced to his knees by two years of continuous protests, planes, rants and personal abuse . . . you've just depressed me again, after feeling a bit more positive. Because we're still 4 places below that after 3 years, 18 new players and almost £300m, the biggest injection of capital in any 3 year period.

We're going nowhere. We're firmly fixed in the cycle of stagnation.

It's all about loyalty for me. I'll be there for every match when possible but the glory is not a consideration anymore.

I said it before & I'll reiterate it again. To those who genuinely believe we'll win the title, we might, but it'll only be after beating Liverpool's barren title spell.

The occasional FA Cup win will have to do for the time being.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom