• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Watched a Football Manager video last night, that swapped Arteta and Ancelotti and Mikel took Everton to 10th in the game in this season...well, can't say the game doesn't know my boy :lol:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah I would argue that we haven't shown runs of good form enough. I think we need time and to replace some of our problems before we become more consistent. However, you really did botch the statistics a bit to screw over your boy Arteta :lol:

Late December - February was clearly a very good period where we won a lot of games, got clean sheets, and scored a lot of goals. That Southampton loss was in the FA cup, which we won last year and isnt our priority this season. Our run of form pre maturely ended vs Wolves as well, shoulda been at least 1 more if we weren't absolutely robbed.
How can you ‘botch satistics to screw over Arteta’ by just writing down the dates of all our loses to show they’re reasonably consistent throughout the year, rather in patches. Have any been omitted? This forum is mind blowing.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Watched a Football Manager video last night, that swapped Arteta and Ancelotti and Mikel took Everton to 10th in the game in this season...well, can't say the game doesn't know my boy :lol:

Quit holding us in suspense, where did Ancelotti take us?

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
How can you ‘botch satistics to screw over Arteta’ by just writing down the dates of all our loses to show they’re reasonably consistent throughout the year, rather in patches. Have any been omitted? This forum is mind blowing.
Whats mind blowing about it? You said 'Our losses have been consistent throughout the year in an up and down cycle throughout' and I said I agree that we need to get more consistent at winning but Late December to February with 0 losses in the PL was impressive and good.

I'm sure if you wrote out the losses for other teams nearby you would see it as consistent as us (although sometimes less losses ofc). Teams these days lose decently consistently, especially this season. But anyway, we have had sustained bad patches so I don't really get what you mean. We had an extremely sustained bad patch and then we had a more shorter sustained good patch.

If you look at the stuff you've laid out there you can literally see a good patch :lol: and also this isn't fully comprehensive as getting 3 draws and no losses is the same as 2 losses and a win. Draws can be poor too. If you get too many paired with losses here and there you're in poor form. If you get wins with losses here and there you're actually in decent-good form. So I'm not entirely sure on using losses as a be all and end all although it can be a decent indicator.

Last edited:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

To be fair if Jesus descended from the heavens and questioned Wenger playing Lord Bendtner on the wing. Trax would be there with reams of net spend data to sent Jesus packing back to heaven.

He's more committed to Arsène than than the 12 Apostles were to Jesus :lol:

Got to admire that level of commitment to be honest.
Can’t be the only one who hates to see injustices not righted or bullsh!t not swept up surely? ;)

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Whats mind blowing about it? You said 'Our losses have been consistent throughout the year in an up and down cycle throughout' and I said I agree that we need to get more consistent at winning but Late December to February with 0 losses in the PL was impressive and good.

I'm sure if you wrote out the losses for other teams nearby you would see it as consistent as us (although less losses ofc). Teams these days lose decently consistently, especially this season. But anyway, we have had sustained bad patches so I don't really get what you mean. We had an extremely sustained bad patch and then we had a more shorter sustained good patch.

If you look at the stuff you've laid out there you can literally see a good patch :lol: and also this isn't fully comprehensive as getting 3 draws and no losses is the same as 2 losses and a win. Draws can be poor too. If you get too many paired with losses here and there you're in poor form. If you get wins with losses here and there you're actually in decent-good form. So I'm not entirely sure on using losses as a be all and end all although it can be a decent indicator.
I wasn’t really trying to do a complete heat map of our season tbf.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I'm not sure what we're arguing about in this thread. Arteta is here to stay for another year at least, that is a given. It was always a given.
We are finishing midtable this season, that is also now a given.

Some say we have a chance at winning Europa. I say slim to none, but we shall see.

Next season is next season.

What is there to argue about? Is he a good manager? The results unambiguously speak to that, no argument required.

Why not discuss his tactics on the pitch? His squad picks? His interviews? At least it would be more entertaining and informative, imo.

Kav

Established Member
That's slanderous, take it back bro :lol: I'll wait for your humble apology. Here's a couple, there's loads from 2018 before Wenger left.

January 2018 Post #4,823 @Makingtrax
Be a gutsy thing to do, to give the job to Arteta. An unknown quantity.The average age of our board is about 103. Do you think their hearts could take it?

April 2018 Post #8,623 @Makingtrax
But look at Barcelona in 2008. They appointed a guy who'd only had one year with a B team, Pep Guardiola. Everybody said it was a risk. Yet he turned out to be a superstar. Arteta has worked with two of the best attacking managers ever Wenger and Guardiola. Benitez, Ancelloti, LVG etc are just...

When Emery was appointed:
May 2018 Post #13448 @Makingtrax
Feels like my dog has died. :( Think I'll get a puppy and call it Arteta.
It is precisely this sort of irrational thinking that has led to us being in the position we are today.

The hiring of a manger with zero experience who is more than willing to work in an environment where he has to out of fear of rocking the boat too much be a yes man for our incompetent owners. Further to that his lack of experience in management on a whole will inevitably lead to mostly mistakes or decisions that impair the club. The club has to decide if it is short term gains or long term development they want.

It would appear that the club was making some long term player acquisitions under Emery (Martinelli, Tierney, Pepe, Guendouzi, Saliba) however they changed their approach under Arteta and got short term signings (Cedric, Mari,Willian, Partey, loan of Odeegaard). This coupled with the lack of development of the youngsters in Willock, Guendouzi, Saliba, AMN (Not sure where Martinelli Stands) in favor of more experienced pros indicate that Arteta really is trying to get results now but is exemplary of a chaotic approach to squad development.

If Arteta is the answer perhaps we are asking the wrong questions. Ancelotti was available and we chose Arteta over him. In any case we will not finish in the top 6 this season and I suspect we may very well finish in 8th or 9th place. At the end of the season Arteta would have had the same amount of time as Emery. I hope for his sake he turns it around because if the current form holds he would certainly not be deserving of another season if we are judging him by the same metric as Emery.

Last edited:

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I'm not sure what we're arguing about in this thread. Arteta is here to stay for another year at least, that is a given. It was always a given.
We are finishing midtable this season, that is also now a given.

Some say we have a chance at winning Europa. I say slim to none, but we shall see.

Next season is next season.

What is there to argue about? Is he a good manager? The results unambiguously speak to that, no argument required.

Why not discuss his tactics on the pitch? His squad picks? His interviews? At least it would be more entertaining and informative, imo.

Great post.

I would hold my tongue considering that (as you said) he's here for the duration of his contract at least.

It's just that I can't abide by his Stalin like cult of personality which seems to have permeated AM ever since there was word that he was on the shortlist for the Managerial position.

Kav

Established Member
We are about 9 points of 4th, with 12 games to go and have a good chance to win our first European trophy since 1994...this could end up being our best ever Emirates era season :drool:
What basis do you think we have a good chance of wining the europa? Are you just going to ignore the **** football all season?

We have lost 11 out of the 25 games in the league, we are out of the Fa Cup and League Cup but somehow if Arteta wins the Europa league it is suddenly the best season in the emirates era.

You must be having a laugh.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Well if you take out that 8 game disaster patch and then average out our points, we’d be in second place behind City (calculated this a couple weeks ago, may or may not be exactly right anymore).

The results outside of that bad patch have been decent.

Can't be having that, you can't just take games out here and there. End of the day we haven't played good consistent football this season and that's that.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom