• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
What basis do you think we have a good chance of wining the europa? Are you just going to ignore the **** football all season?

We have lost 11 out of the 25 games in the league, we are out of the Fa Cup and League Cup but somehow if Arteta wins the Europa league it is suddenly the best season in the emirates era.

You must be having a laugh.

The best official season at The Emirates was 2014/2015, 3rd place finish, FA Cup win and Community Shield...if Arteta can get 3rd and win the Europa, after already winning the Shield...then stats wise, he wins :lol:

Question for everyone...would winning the Champions League for the first time in 2006 have been better than our undefeated league title?

Last edited:

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
The best official season at The Emirates was 2014/2015, 3rd place finish, FA Cup win and Community Shield...if Arteta can get 3rd and win the Europa, after already winning the Shield...then stats wise, he wins :lol:
Arteta getting 3rd, you're having a ****ing laugh mate

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Would winning the Champions League in 2006 have been better than our undefeated league title?
No way, that will be hard to ever do again.

Sp**s made CL finals and on their day can beat Pool - it's not as deep as people make it.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Riou truly is a one man army keeping us all entertained.

A question that needs to be asked though: what if Mikel wins us a European trophy in his first full season? After winning an FA cup in his first? o_O

Answer is, he'll leave us for Barcelona taking Willian with him (man said Champions League in 3 years).

Kav

Established Member
You and I both know we are not going to finish in the top 6. What we lack this season is consistency. We can't seem to get a good run off wins going.

Arteta is a decent coach but he will get some things wrong along the way and he has and they are going to cost us.

Riou

No way, that will be hard to ever do again.

Sp**s made CL finals and on their day can beat Pool - it's not as deep as people make it.

Yeah, its such a unique achievement, it's really hard to choose.

If we could lose one of the early games in 2003/2004 but still win the league and then win the Champions League in 2006 I would have taken it, tbh...would have loved to have that trophy in the cabinet, especially with the group of players and manager we had in 2006 too, they would have earned it.

Was trying to figure out what my boy Arteta would have to statistically do, to manage Arsenal to their greatest ever season of all time...though he will never win a league title here, nevermind an unbeaten one, so it's kinda pointless :lol:

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It is precisely this sort of irrational thinking that has led to us being in the position we are today.

The hiring of a manger with zero experience who is more than willing to work in an environment where he has to out of fear of rocking the boat too much be a yes man for our incompetent owners. Further to that his lack of experience in management on a whole will inevitably lead to mostly mistakes or decisions that impair the club. The club has to decide if it is short term gains or long term development they want.

It would appear that the club was making some long term player acquisitions under Emery (Martinelli, Tierney, Pepe, Guendouzi, Saliba) however they changed their approach under Arteta and got short term signings (Cedric, Mari,Willian, Partey, loan of Odeegaard). This coupled with the lack of development of the youngsters in Willock, Guendouzi, Saliba, AMN (Not sure where Martinelli Stands) in favor of more experienced pros indicate that Arteta really is trying to get results now but is exemplary of a chaotic approach to squad development.

If Arteta is the answer perhaps we are asking the wrong questions. Ancelotti was available and we chose Arteta over him. In any case we will not finish in the top 6 this season and I suspect we may very well finish in 8th or 9th place. At the end of the season Arteta would have had the same amount of time as Emery. I hope for his sake he turns it around because if the current form holds he would certainly not be deserving of another season if we are judging him by the same metric as Emery.
Can’t argue with one word of that. It was irrational thinking and so far it hasn’t worked out. There’s been enough of fans making stuff up in the past and it’s happening again, this time to big up a manager who hasn’t done very well. Don’t want any part in that.

But if he’s here to stay anyway, I can’t help but have a sneaking hope that the man will turn things around and succeed.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Was trying to figure out what my boy Arteta would have to statistically do, to manage Arsenal to their greatest ever season of all time...though he will never win a league title here, nevermind an unbeaten one, so it's kinda pointless :lol:
Well if he doesn't bring in a bum signing to unsurp one of the few players doing well currently for no reason who knows :)

It was excruciating watching him spend the first half of this season work it all out, especially when some of the answers were obvious.

In the cold light of day it makes sense as he had a lot to grapple with and hopefully next season he has less of it to do and we hit the ground running.

There's evidence that he's a very fast learner already not repeating some of the mistakes he made 6 months ago so lets see. I will always think we should have done better than hire him though.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We are about 9 points of 4th, with 12 games to go and have a good chance to win our first European trophy since 1994...this could end up being our best ever Emirates era season :drool:
He’s great, he’s poor, he could still win this, he won’t win that. It gets you a lot of likes from both sides of the debate.. What with that and your posting of old Arsenal clips and your Arsène was a legend on one hand, yet clearly had some problems on the other, there’s no doubt in my mind that you’re heading for the most popular poster award on this forum. I’d say ‘trusted’ this season and ‘elite’ before 2022. Wish I could tread the offend nobody path, it’s a hell of a talent. No insult intended.:lol:

Riou

He’s great, he’s poor, he could still win this, he won’t win that. It gets you a lot of likes from both sides of the debate.. What with that and your posting of old Arsenal clips and your Arsène was a legend on one hand, yet clearly had some problems on the other, there’s no doubt in my mind that you’re heading for the most popular poster award on this forum. I’d say ‘trusted’ this season and ‘elite’ before 2022. Wish I could tread the offend nobody path, it’s a hell of a talent. No insult intended.:lol:

Until I have complete control over this forum, I find it would be best to try and keep everyone on my side...

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Maybe I'm in the minority, the Invincibles were just amazing but I'd take winning the Champions League title against Barca over it. Henry's miss there still haunts me to this day.

What does going the season unbeaten actually give you other than a bit of bragging rights and a nice stat? We've won 13 League titles to date, that's all going the season unbeaten gives you in real terms.

It eats a way at me a bit seeing clubs like Villa, Chelsea, Forest etc with CL / European Cups and us sat on 0.

We should have had 1 if not 2 CL's trophies over the past 2 decades or so. We underachieved on that front for sure.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

, there’s no doubt in my mind that you’re heading for the most popular poster award on this forum.
You give @Riou too much credit tbh, he was making plenty of bummy posts at the height of the sh*tness we saw this season standing along side the manberg alts.

If you don't upset somebody you aint posting right imo. I get Sweet 'n' Sour and his loyal legion circling my sh*t all the time.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Tets is alright tbh but this is me trying my best and in advanced stages of Stockholm syndrome.

Some of his fans on here and in the media though :nope:
Never thought I'd see you say this especially as we're still languishing in 10th but the conspiracy that you hate Tetters because of the Hairspray's of the world must've hit home. :lol:

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Never thought I'd see you say this especially as we're still languishing in 10th but the conspiracy that you hate Tetters because of the Hairspray's of the world must've hit home. :lol:
Arteta has been poor and I've said my piece numerous times, I've run out of words and he's still here. *shrugs*

It just is what it is sometimes, I tried to stop watching, it didn't work - so yeah might as well suck it up. He's kinda got it together and I want to be fair anyways.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Maybe I'm in the minority, the Invincibles were just amazing but I'd take winning the Champions League title against Barca over it. Henry's miss there still haunts me to this day.

What does going the season unbeaten actually give you other than a bit of bragging rights and a nice stat? We've won 13 League titles to date, that's all going the season unbeaten gives you in real terms.

It eats a way at me a bit seeing clubs like Villa, Chelsea, Forest etc with CL / European Cups and us sat on 0.

We should have had 1 if not 2 CL's trophies over the past 2 decades or so. We underachieved on that front for sure.

I echo the sentiment.

Although a great achievement, I actually hold both our doubles in higher regard, especially the 1997-1998 one seeing as we were dead & buried by Christmas (6th).

2006 hurt badly but I'm more bitter about 2004, get past Chelsea & I've no doubt we would've thrashed both Monaco & Porto in quick succession. That was the year we should've won the Champions League.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

You give @Riou too much credit tbh, he was making plenty of bummy posts at the height of the sh*tness we saw this season standing along side the manberg alts.

If you don't upset somebody you aint posting right imo. I get Sweet 'n' Sour and his loyal legion circling my sh*t all the time.
By this logic Hairspray is the GOAT of A-M. :lol::lol: (Nah but I agree with you)

Riou

Think this says so much about my likebabilty, tbh.

Take you for example...I couldn't disgust you more with my views on Arsenal, atm...but you would still have me as one of your fav posters on here, I reckon.

I am just AMs loveable little Northern Irishman!

Latest posts+

Top Bottom