• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
What's wrong with that? Arteta finished last season strongly as well so let's not pretend this uptick in form is permanent we just don't know.

Tbf it doesn't really matter Hairspray was actually right in the end, even if this guy completely sh*ts the bed (again) this is just our lot for the foreseeable.

And people will say "no blah blah blah next season is different" but tbh it will just be Bellerin and Xhaka's name being mentioned it's just so obvious.

Well I guess it's just evidence that he's getting judged on who he is rather than what he's doing currently.

Personally I give more latitude to a novice manager, the same way I wouldn't be jumping on 19 year old players back if he went through a poor spell or started his career off slowly.

Well yeah, you don't appoint a novice manager unless you're behind him long term, so barring us being in a relegation scrap with 8 games to go he wasn't likely to be sacked.

If Bellerin particularly is a starting player for us next season, that'll be on Arteta and I'll judge him on that more so than Hector.

Kav

Established Member
You know what they say about human psychology, we are bothered by others most by those traits they have that we recognise in ourselves 😜

Yeah, it's bad, kinda like pretty much every take I read from you 😬

Remember all the hate Arteta got for Marí and Cedric signings (and Luiz extension)? That's gone a bit quiet now...suddenly they look like two rather keen additions to the dressing room and the squad (Luiz still our best CB after Gabriel, right there with Marí)...funny how that goes 🤷‍♂️
So you’re lauding him for signing our 3rd best CB and 2 best Rb (Bellerin has declined so much that it’s a bit of a toss up really). Yet you ignore that Mari is not getting game time because Mustafi who Arteta wanted to renew didn’t want to stay at the club anymore? Go on with your agenda. We see you.

Kav

Established Member
I would take any trophy win, over finishing as high as 2nd, tbh.

With the board/structure at out club now, we will never be able to push on and win the Premier league or Champions league, we just don't have an owner that will push us to that level...so I would take an FA win, hell even a league cup win, over finishing in the Champions league spots personally, at least until we have an owner that will help kick us on.

Don't get me wrong, I want Arsenal in the Champions league, finishing high up the league gives you bragging rights too...but trophies above all else for me.

Also, he wasn't lucky in the cup win last season...wasn't like we were backs to the wall and getting massively outplayed in the games against Chelsea and City, we played brilliantly and deserved to win.
So does that mean that Arsenal should have been given more time for his 7 Fa Cup wins then instead of how it played out?

I genuinely don’t see how anyone can rationally ignore the performance in the league when it is well established that a team’s league performance is a better gauge of where they are than one off competitions.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I hope Partey stays fit for the rest of the season, we really need him in the run in and having him for enough games will help us better understand what we need in the summer.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yeah sums up AM. There are way more people determined on ****ting on Arteta and anyone who supports him, yet anyone who wants to give him time are called cultists :lol: the hysteria is through the roof.

Treated like a commie during the Red Scare :lol:
I would take a commie ahead of an Arteta fan any day of the week

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
A good comparison would be Arteta with Moyes. Worth looking at how they’re doing this season, as they were appointed just a few days apart. Moyes has the slightly cheaper team of course. %wins, points/game, goals/game etc would be interesting.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
So does that mean that Arsenal should have been given more time for his 7 Fa Cup wins then instead of how it played out?

I genuinely don’t see how anyone can rationally ignore the performance in the league when it is well established that a team’s league performance is a better gauge of where they are than one off competitions.
I don’t see how anyone can rationally ignore the improvements made on all fronts either, but then I don’t care who the manager is and only look for reasons to be positive about where we’re heading under whoever... So that helps.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Bl**dy hell. Watch this. Apparently Arsène wasn’t sh!t after all! Neither Emery or Arteta! It’s the players . . they’re sh!t :lol:

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Yeah sums up AM. There are way more people determined on ****ting on Arteta and anyone who supports him, yet anyone who wants to give him time are called cultists :lol: the hysteria is through the roof.

Treated like a commie during the Red Scare :lol:

100a.gif

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

A good comparison would be Arteta with Moyes. Worth looking at how they’re doing this season, as they were appointed just a few days apart. Moyes has the slightly cheaper team of course. %wins, points/game, goals/game etc would be interesting.
Moyes is 100% percent out performing Arteta no question. However there's a caveat, he's under less pressure to play attacking expansive football which is even easier without fans.

As a fan, seeing your team competing for 4th place you'd take it but I remember the same club made Allardyce bounce because he was serving up similar football and wasn't even doing badly.

I've watched a lot of West Ham matches and apart from thrillers like Sp**s and City they've often stunk out the stadium I have to be honest. Both Moyes and Arteta have profited with no fans, planes, banners etc.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I don’t care who the manager is and only look for reasons to be positive about where we’re heading under whoever.
😂😂😂😂 Can’t ever remember you being positive about Arsène. Anyway, talking about dropping standards, I remember you saying we were nowhere if not in the CL. What happened bro?
Makes me laugh when a certain flaky Wenger defender says things like "Why would you want to drop a level?"... Even if it were true, what does that even mean? There is no other ****ing level. You're either in the CL or you're nowhere. 'Drop a level' :lol::lol::lol:

Reactions: Kav

Kav

Established Member
I don’t see how anyone can rationally ignore the improvements made on all fronts either, but then I don’t care who the manager is and only look for reasons to be positive about where we’re heading under whoever... So that helps.
What improvements do you speak of?

Year over year we have declined in league positioning, this particular year we have suffered more losses than the previous 2 and the season is not over yet. I hope that people can be objective in their analysis and put aside any agenda's. The decline is obvious.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Moyes is 100% percent out performing Arteta no question. However there's a caveat, he's under less pressure to play attacking expansive football which is even easier without fans.

As a fan, seeing your team competing for 4th place you'd take it but I remember the same club made Allardyce bounce because he was serving up similar football and wasn't even doing badly.

I've watched a lot of West Ham matches and apart from thrillers like Sp**s and City they've often stunk out the stadium I have to be honest. Both Moyes and Arteta have profited with no fans, planes, banners etc.

😂 That is one hell of a weak caveat, mate, considering the circumstances. The fanbase will accept any style that would get us back into the CL. The players can dance their way down the pitch in their pants and we would love it as long as it got us points on the board and a place back in the top 4. And even if we didn't love it, how would it matter, we're not in the stadium!

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

😂 That is one hell of a weak caveat, mate, considering the circumstances. The fanbase will accept any style that would get us back into the CL. The players can dance their way down the pitch in their pants and we would love it as long as it got us points on the board and a place back in the top 4. And even if we didn't love it, how would it matter, we're not in the stadium!
lol I dunno it depends cause I remember Arteta getting a bit of flack for that 5-2-3 formation earlier in the season (which won us FA Cup).

Like Mourinho and Arteta found out this season playing like crap and getting results is great until you don't. Arsenal fans are a bit different as they are more forgiving if you play kids and try to attack and lose, instead of playing defensive with senior players and losing anyways.

It's a caveat worth mentioning in my opinion.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
😂😂😂😂 Can’t ever remember you being positive about Arsène. Anyway, talking about dropping standards, I remember you saying we were nowhere if not in the CL. What happened bro?
Jesus ****ing wept.... 🤪

Try as you tirelessly will, you will never find a shred of inconsistency or moving of any goalposts from me, and this just another case of you barking up the wrong tree.

1. I used to be positive about Wenger up until I couldn’t be, like when we won our first trophy in 9 years for example; I wanted him to stay on and see if he could get us doing well in the league. I lost hope and then after his second fa cup, I wanted him to stay on AGAIN and be given another go... That IS being positive.

2. We ARE nowhere. I never suggested we were anywhere else.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

What's weird is when we talk about improvements we're essentially doing two things comparing it to the latter part of Emery's reign where we were a complete mess (and at times under Arteta we were pretty close to being that bad again if not worse) or we're comparing the last few weeks to the first 2/3 months of this season. We're essentially saying we've improved from rock bottom, we were performing worse than we've done in 25 years and we've improved since then. It's not exactly stuff to make you think Arteta is gonna lead us to anything major but I guess what you can say is that he's turned things around when all hope look lost. In that regard he's shown some personal steel to navigate his way through adversity. Tho that said we're not exactly out of the woods yet, far from it. We still need to show continuous signs of improvement, beat Olympiacos and march on showing that we've developing and evolving and more importantly showing that we actually are heading in the right direction.

Reactions: Kav
Top Bottom