• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

If Moyes comes here and gets us Top 4, he'll be loved. If he comes here, plays the way he does and gets us 10th place, he'll be crucified, unlike Arteta. But that has nothing to do with style of play, and has everything to do with Arteta's image, looks, and the marketing job done on him as the new Pep clone in the making. I mean, just look at the Barca rumour. Everyone is ready to believe that Barca would come in for a novice coach that took the mighty Arsenal to 10th place in PL. Float the same rumour about Moyes, a coach who is actually overachieving with the Hammers, and they would laugh in your face.

It's not about the football in Moyes vs Arteta. It's about image.

Excellent post.

wolfkidultman

If Moyes comes here and gets us Top 4, he'll be loved. If he comes here, plays the way he does and gets us 10th place, he'll be crucified, unlike Arteta. But that has nothing to do with style of play, and has everything to do with Arteta's image, looks, and the marketing job done on him as the new Pep clone in the making. I mean, just look at the Barca rumour. Everyone is ready to believe that Barca would come in for a novice coach that took the mighty Arsenal to 10th place in PL. Float the same rumour about Moyes, a coach who is actually overachieving with the Hammers, and they would laugh in your face.

There’s a bit more to people’s analysis of Moyes though, isn’t there? He has a twenty year career which shows he’s good in a very specific type of situation and quite rubbish in others.

Finesse

The IF clause on your analysis is highly contradictory. Arteta has been vilified all season by many. Reading the posts on Arsenal.com during the rot was shocking. Absolute mayhem. Even now most people are still on his heels and some are easing off slowly, but ready to pounce depending on results. I am not sure what planet you are on regarding image/looks/marketing job giving him a breather. I am a staunch critic , and always was based on a lot which he has changed over the past few months.

No need to be drawn into the Moyes comparison. Its all based on IFs.

Lets face the facts. Özil's departure and the final realisation he is no longer a player was key in some people laying off Arteta. It coincided with the emergence of ESR. The results since December have improved. The team now has a direction. There are signs senior players are taking responsibility and we no longer rely on the kids. This is what is buying Arteta time to keep improving and not his looks.

Novice ? Pep was one before he took over at Barca.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Lets face the facts. Özil's departure and the final realisation he is no longer a player was key in some people laying off Arteta. It coincided with the emergence of ESR. The results since December have improved. The team now has a direction. There are signs senior players are taking responsibility and we no longer rely on the kids. This is what is buying Arteta time to keep improving and not his looks.
No, I think it was no longer being threatened by relegation that got us off his backs a bit.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Once again, Arteta can't be compared to Moyes atm...one has been managing since the 1990s, taking Everton from almost certain relegation to an established quality team that qualified for the Champions League at their best...while one is in his first full season as a manager.

Only thing Mikel has on Moyes, is we know David struggles with a "top" team and the egos that come with it...whereas Arteta could get to that level one day, certainly seems to have the backing of some of our stars, who had no problem turning on a experienced coach in Emery, so that's a sign of encouragement.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Only thing Mikel has on Moyes, is we know David struggles with a "top" team and the egos that come with it...whereas Arteta could get to that level one day, certainly seems to have the backing of some of our stars, who had no problem turning on a experienced coach in Emery, so that's a sign of encouragement.
The senior players kinda turned/stop playing for Arteta as well :lol:

This time we just paid them to leave or replaced them with kids who just happened to be good enough.

Based on what I’ve seen, I think if Arteta had the best squad in the country, like not just first 11 but two starters in every position - then he might get 4th. Maybe.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
The senior players kinda turned/stop playing for Arteta as well :lol:

This time we just paid them to leave or replaced them with kids who just happened to be good enough.

Based on what I’ve seen, I think if Arteta had the best squad in the country, like not just first 11 but two starters in every position - then he might get 4th. Maybe.

Which senior players turned on Arteta? The only ones I can reasonably think of are the Özil crew. Özil, Mustafi and Kola. Not a great loss in 2021 to be honest.

If you as a manager lose the dressing room you don't get it back, so that whole furore was well overblown in my opinion. Senior players like Laca and Xhaka are basically worshipping Arteta at the moment.

If you genuinely think Arteta would finish 4th with the best squad in the country and depth you're basically saying he's probably bottom 3 manager in the league.

I thought the narrative was that Arteta and his playing style could only do well as a chequebook manager with top players in every position? Now he's not even good enough to do that :lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

If you genuinely think Arteta would finish 4th with the best squad in the country and depth you're basically saying he's probably bottom 3 manager in the league.

Wouldn't say bottom three, but yeah this is no secret tbh. I don't think he's very good and gets away with a lot, he gets a lot of mileage from pure hopium.

I'm willing to bet that he will keep getting additions at Tierney/Gabriel/Partey/Ødegaard level but not much will change.

Which senior players turned on Arteta? The only ones I can reasonably think of are the Özil crew. Özil, Mustafi and Kola. Not a great loss in 2021 to be honest.
The same ones that turned on Emery, you named them - the exception was there was no fans this time so instead of the Emirates chanting for Özil whenever we lost games, Arteta just had his friends in the pressers instead it's a different pressure.

I'm sure senior players looked at contracts getting cancelled and kids taking their places and see that a revolt is not really going to work, but this is just speculation from me now.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Been awful for them apparently. Not even up to the standards of the Turkish league.

Looks like another big call Arteta got right.

He got like 4 assists in 2 seasons, it's not as if it was the Özil from his Real/early Arsenal days he was leaving out.

I think in the long run his decision has definitely been proven correct.

say yes

forum master baiter

This as well.
This as well

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This as well

Tricky Micky be like.

Dj Khaled And Another One GIF

say yes

forum master baiter
Tricky Micky be like.

Dj Khaled And Another One GIF
Am shocked to discover that our manager and former club captain, who has always been praised for his man-management skills and has managed to keep squad morale high despite some awful form, might have known more about the problem-characters in our squad than some dweebs on the internet who are only ever looking to criticise.

Top Bottom