• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Forget about Wenger. If we judged Mikel by the same standard that we judged Emery, he'd have been sacked. And most of us regard Emery as a bum!
It looked like the board really waited until their hand forced with Emery acting a bit broken & the Emirates just being empty.

Arteta still looks pretty composed despite eye opening low league positioning for months. Guess we will need the Emirates to empty next season or for KSE to see a safe option this summer.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Forget about Wenger. If we judged Mikel by the same standard that we judged Emery, he'd have been sacked. And most of us regard Emery as a bum!

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

No. I was really disappointed with how we performed over that November period. Started to question the manager quite a lot.

But I’m genuinely very happy with how we’ve responded / been performing recently. We’ve been great since Christmas, and I think we’ve been seriously unlucky with the recent results.

Hmmm, I find that interesting.

mirrorstare

I have enjoyed 4 out of 27 performances this league season, that's honestly awful. Today of course wasn't one of them, Burnley got their goal pressing like they were Liverpool and actually believed they could win it on the second half because of the ease they kept pushing forward. We made them look better than they are.

I can tell most people here are just fishing for lame reactions (and now there are more of them). You just need to go to the match thread to see how they actually feel. The match thread is full of comments about our uninspiring football, but of course on the individual threads is time to say we "dominated" or whatever.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Im one of the few in this thread that are conflicted. I was totally arteta is a **** show around Christmas, but I have seen better performances since then. But results are still quite poor, even despite some performance improvement. We can't seem to manage to get any run of results under arteta, which is concern.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

No. I was really disappointed with how we performed over that November period. Started to question the manager quite a lot.

But I’m genuinely very happy with how we’ve responded / been performing recently. We’ve been great since Christmas, and I think we’ve been seriously unlucky with the recent results.
Chelsea the other day had goal wrongly disallowed for offside but still managed to beat Liverpool. It's Burnley. Tottenham had the game against them decided within 20 mins.

If we're consistently leaving ourselves at the mercy of (incorrect) refereeing decisions then it means we aren't doing enough man.

Last edited:

blaze_of_glory

Im one of the few in this thread that are conflicted. I was totally arteta is a **** show around Christmas, but I have seen better performances since then. But results are still quite poor, even despite some performance improvement. We can't seem to manage to get any run of results under arteta, which is concern.
I actually feel similar. There have been positive signs. But like you say it's not at all clear we'll be able to build on them

I mean what can you do when a player gives a goal away in the 90th minute like that

Well, we created chances and should have had a penalty.

The set-up from the manager allowed us to create chances and the Pepe sub should have got us a goal.

Could Mikel have done more? Well, I would like to have seen him two-foot the referee but besides that, he did everything that was in his control. Bad finishing and refereeing are out of manager control!

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Spot on. We played well (again) today.

Dropped points because (a) we conceded one of the most comical goals of the season; (b) VAR are incompetent; (c) our players missed countless chances.

None of that are on the manager. But agendas gotta agend.

This reaction isn't borne out of nothing or a hatred for the manager. You can play this game if we were 1st or 2nd in the league or was on a run of twenty straight wins. However when we're 10th and things are what they are, even if we do go on a mini-run, that resentment will still be there below the surface ready to bubble up when we stumble again.

I get it, people want to support the club and the manager but we got to stop with this toxic positivity where any opinion that isn't positive or supportive is shouted down on the sole basis that it is negative rather than it being a bad point.

Supporting the manager at all costs or criticising him in equal measure isn't a sign of how good a fan someone is. Once you invest your time and or money into following this team, then you can say what you want without being accused of having some strange agenda.

That's just my two cents.

Pop Tart

Established Member
He is not coaching the mistakes out of the players and keeps faith in the ones who do it all the time. Also why drop pepe, made no sense after last week and his form recently. Poor poor poor.

say yes

forum master baiter
Yeah but you’ve got to follow performances > results. Performances are the only things that can sustain results in the long run.

And it’s not just your eyes saying we’re performing well, we are categorically playing better right now, and have been very unlucky:

mirrorstare

Supporting the manager at all costs or criticising him in equal measure isn't a sign of how good a fan someone is. Once you invest your time and or money into following this team, then you can say what you want without being accused of having some strange agenda.
You are in the wrong place if you don't want to be accused of having an agenda

morpho

Established Member
Not playing the devils advocate here, but to think we are only 5 points behind Liverpool is beyond crazy. Football is defenitely a mental game...

I dont believe the slightest that Arteta can change the mentality of this team. But then again, Im not sure anyone can.

say yes

forum master baiter
This reaction isn't borne out of nothing or a hatred for the manager. You can play this game if we were 1st or 2nd in the league or was on a run of twenty straight wins. However when we're 10th and things are what they are, even if we do go on a mini-run, that resentment will still be there below the surface ready to bubble up when we stumble again.

I get it, people want to support the club and the manager but we got to stop with this toxic positivity where any opinion that isn't positive or supportive is shouted down on the sole basis that it is negative rather than it being a bad point.

That's just my two cents.
No, I get it. A lot of people gave up on Arteta after the November run. And if you’ve given up on the manager, it makes sense that you’ll pipe up and criticise him every time we drop points.

But, that doesn’t mean that we played badly or weren’t unlucky today. We performed well, we’ve been performing well since Christmas, and unfortunately the results aren’t consistently backing us up.

But whereas results are fickle, good performances always bear fruit in the long run.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

No, I get it. A lot of people gave up on Arteta after the November run. And if you’ve given up on the manager, it makes sense that you’ll pipe up and criticise him every time we drop points.

But, that doesn’t mean that we played badly or weren’t unlucky today. We performed well, we’ve been performing well since Christmas, and unfortunately the results aren’t backing us up.

But whereas results are fickle, good performances always bear fruit in the long run.

I just don't get how you think this is true? Both EL games, FA cup game vs Southampton, Crystal Palace draw at Home, Villa away loss, loss to Wolves, City in the Prem was so poor as well. And even again today we did f*ck all for 70 minutes.

There is just no consistency in our performances.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Just seem there inability to get into good run of result this season it always win then lose win then lose or draw. I blame him when he deserves to today was not in him the game should be done at 1st half

Latest posts

Top Bottom