• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I just don't get how you think this is true? Both EL games, FA cup game vs Southampton, Crystal Palace draw at Home, Villa away loss, loss to Wolves, City in the Prem was so poor as well. And even again today we did f*ck all for 70 minutes.

There is just no consistency in our performances.
Even the games I think we've played well it's been in spells, first half against Wolves and Leeds, a second half against Newcastle. Just can't put together any consistent 90 mins.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Even the games I think we've played well it's been in spells, first half against Wolves and Leeds, a second half against Newcastle. Just can't put together any consistent 90 mins.

Yep, missed out the win vs Brighton which was awful to watch as well. Even some of the games we got red cards in we were already crap.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We don't have the team that go 90 minutes just destroy other team it always 20-25min of good football other 60 min managing the game it's not us other teams are similar

mirrorstare

Don't see how we have been unlucky, form shows us we're still midtable, xG table has us still at 9th place

Results wise in the second half of the season, for me United should have been a loss and that's really it.

- The decision against Wolves was correct so no problem with them winning via a worldie
- A draw today is a very fair result for me (no real issue with the handball either, football tried having those as handballs earlier and it ruined a CL final )
- Villa and City were the better teams
- Leeds gifted us 3 goals so we deserved to win
- We performed efficiently against Soton and Leicester.

So one point less, and pretty much needing a miracle against Benfica for the EL over 2 legs, so where's the unlucky part

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yep, missed out the win vs Brighton which was awful to watch as well. Even some of the games we got red cards in we were already crap.
I genuinely can only think of about 5 league games I've really enjoyed this season. Fulham opening day, Chelsea, West Brom, Saints away and Leicester last week. Leeds was decent as well but we where holding on a bit in the 2nd half.

say yes

forum master baiter
I just don't get how you think this is true? Both EL games, FA cup game vs Southampton, Crystal Palace draw at Home, Villa away loss, loss to Wolves, City in the Prem was so poor as well. And even again today we did f*ck all for 70 minutes.

There is just no consistency in our performances.
I couldn’t disagree more re. Wolves. We were brilliant until the bullshit Luiz incident.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

I don’t get why it’s a must that we have the best players in the league but have to have this jabroni manager?

Don’t quite get that one tbh.

His supporters here would have us believe he's destined for greatness.

Unless greatness in this context means The Championship which is exactly what his level merits.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We don't have the team that go 90 minutes just destroy other team it always 20-25min of good football other 60 min managing the game it's not us other teams are similar
If we can't be expected to put together more than a few decent 90 mins per season then the culture ingrained in the club is worse than we've all realised.

mirrorstare

I genuinely can only think of about 5 league games I've really enjoyed this season. Fulham opening day, Chelsea, West Brom, Saints away and Leicester last week. Leeds was decent as well but we where holding on a bit in the 2nd half.
Same minus Chelsea, looked flukey af to me and I remember being scared of them at the end when all they did was spam crosses. But it's Chelsea so easy to understand why it was enjoyable.

2/8 enjoyable performances on this second half of the season with the whole team fit (Saints, Leeds and Leicester all have a big injury list btw) and Auba back to scoring goals is pretty criminal anyway

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Im one of the few in this thread that are conflicted. I was totally arteta is a **** show around Christmas, but I have seen better performances since then. But results are still quite poor, even despite some performance improvement. We can't seem to manage to get any run of results under arteta, which is concern.
The performance has improved from November:December for sure. But during that time we were playing worse than in over 25 years. It would be almost impossible to continue being that bad with this squad. People judge the improvement based on our worst performances in decades

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If we can't be expected to put together more than a few decent 90 mins per season then the culture ingrained in the club is worse than we've all realised.
I don't think that it's because the league quality changing you'll need to manage game better don't give other team free chances and be clinical because modern game changed we won't be having 20 chances a game like maybe 7 years ago now you'll have 10 maximum and you have to clinical

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

- Xhaka almost out the door but kept him
- Willian over Pepe
- Can't get us playing good football consistently
- Saliba
- 10th
- First half of season

I'm tired

Despite all this he's treated with the same respect Shankley got back in his day.

The difference is one laid the ground for liverpool's two decades of dominance & one is salting the foundations where a great club once stood.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Same minus Chelsea, looked flukey af to me and I remember being scared of them at the end when all they did was spam crosses. But it's Chelsea so easy to understand why it was enjoyable.

2/8 enjoyable performances on this second half of the season with the whole team fit (Saints, Leeds and Leicester all have a big injury list btw) and Auba back to scoring goals is pretty criminal anyway
Yeah we did hang on a bit at the end to Chelsea but it was unexpected at the time for us to come out and really blow them away. Played really well first half against Wolves I'll add as well and Old Trafford of course was a nice win but it wasn't a great game on the eye.

Last edited:

Sapient Hawk

Trusted ⭐

What does my head in are fans saying “if you don’t see the progress we’ve made I can’t help you” or other garbage. We’ve scored 35 goals and we’re in 10th with 11 games to go and apparently I’m blind to so called progress 🤣🤣 this season has been a car crash. Simple as that

You're simply blind to the nonsense & long may that continue.

If the fans were in the stadium he would've not survived to the new year.

I hope Barca sack Koeman & take this pretender off our hands.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I don't think that it's because the league quality changing you'll need to manage game better don't give other team free chances and be clinical because modern game changed we won't be having 20 chances a game like maybe 7 years ago now you'll have 10 maximum and you have to clinical
Yeah I'm not really meaning a decent 90 mins in terms of destroying a team like City do or we used to. I mean more like a nice comfortable 2 to 3-0 where we can restrict the opposition to any serious chances. I guess we where kind of on the verge of that today if we took our opportunities and then the Xhaka mistake. Don't think they had even a shot until that point.

mirrorstare

Yeah we did hang on a bit at the end to Chelsea but it was unexpected at the time for us to come out and really blow them away. Played really well first half against Wolves I'll add as well and Old Trafford of course was a nice but it wasn't a great game on the eye.
Wolves I feel it was only the first 10 minutes, after that Wolves started pushing forward, controlled Saka so all we had after was Pepe individual moments and then Luiz happened.

Old Trafford was indeed unpleasant, I remember during that time fans were praising that performance as the standard we should aim for and feeling sick reading that.

Top Bottom