• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think Arteta has reached the same stage as Wenger and Emery did with some fans in that he'll get abuse no matter what the reasons are for losing. I remember people blaming Wenger for that famous 3-1 loss to United at the Emirates in his final season even though it was down to a combination of a De Gea masterclass and a Mustafi special.

Blame Arteta for that period of sticking with the back 3 for too long or not having a proper #10 but individual errors like Cedric at Villa and Xhaka today are out of his control.
You're joking. We had some really fast flowing football, exciting moves which resulted in us peppering the goal with 33 shots. Nothing like this ponderous ****, regardless of the outcome.

say yes

forum master baiter
He gave an interview to the Spanish press a few months ago where he said he needed 5 or 6 players to play his preferred 4-3-3 system:

It's a bit concerning because you'd think Saliba, Gabriel, Tierney, Thomas, Saka, ESR and Aubameyang would all be in the mix to start in the next 1 or 2 seasons so it's hard to see where exactly these 5 or 6 positions are.
That’s not calling his current players crap though is it? He says he wants to improve 5-6 positions (not players). Doesn’t mention any individuals, particular positions, or whether it’s starting quality or depth we need to improve.

And results / performances have massively improved since that interview so what’s even the criticism?

Genuinely weird the way people keep trying to make out that Mikel is bad at man-management. When morale in our squad is actually remarkably high given how bad the results have been. And the players have been raving about him.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Not sure what that's meant to prove, that Arsène and the team were unaffected by all the pressure to remove them? Away form is always worse than home form without a pandemic, and if I recall most of the planes were flown at away grounds to make the opposition laugh at us. And if footballers are nervous, which the team definitely were, you're more likely to make mistakes with a crowd baying at you than in a subdued boycotted home stadium. There were still some home fans, like me and my mates at the stadium that supported Arsène and the team.
What about 14/15? That was the first time the media caught wind of DT's banner at West Brom, and they had that "if you don't spend, we won't spend" demonstration at the Emirates. Didn't stop the team from finishing 3rd and winning the cup.
You're joking. We had some really fast flowing football, exciting moves which resulted in us peppering the goal with 33 shots. Nothing like this ponderous ****.
? I used that one game as an example where the manager was blamed for individual errors on the pitch.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
That’s not calling his current players crap though is it? He says he wants to improve 5-6 positions (not players). Doesn’t mention any individuals, particular positions, or whether it’s starting quality or depth we need to improve.

And results / performances have massively improved since that interview so what’s even the criticism?

Genuinely weird the way people keep trying to make out that Mikel is bad at man-management. When morale in our squad is actually remarkably high given how bad the results have been. And the players have been raving about him.
I think people are concerned that players such as Maitland-Niles, Saliba, Guendouzi, Pepe and Martinelli don't seem to be highly rated by the manager. You might trust his judgement but that's a lot of young talent to possibly lose if they depart in the next 2 years.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
AFTV "gave fans a voice", but then bought into their own self importance WAY too much ffs...any fan who thinks they are genuinely more important to a football club than coaches, players, whatever...is a ****ing ***** tbh :lol:

And you know the likes of DT think they are more important to Arsenal than Arsène was, as he supported them before Wenger and will support them after Wenger (as if that makes any difference to a football club improving or not ((I also love fans who support successful team describe themselves as "winners"...how exactly, by watching other people win :lol: )))

I think fans have grown to self important, since the increase of social media, tbh.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Imma be honest, I am actually not mad about today and can admit it's not even Arteta's fault.

I'm just taking shots cause I think he's crap and I tend to everyday anyways. I want to like him and had a couple weeks where I was praising him, but nah he's just not for me I'm afraid.

Yes the players should be better but we have a manager who's learning on the job. I just don't get why the demands are (rightfully) there for the players but not the guys running the club, it's kinda nonsense.

Anyways, onto Olympiakos.

mirrorstare

I think people are concerned that players such as Maitland-Niles, Saliba, Guendouzi, Pepe and Martinelli don't seem to be highly rated by the manager. You might trust his judgement but that's a lot of young talent to possibly lose if they depart in the next 2 years.

Two problems actually. The first is that the way he talks about it, it really sounds like he wants to invest money to fix this. Money that we don't have.

The second is that even if he's well liked by the squad, it's shocking the best he can do is 10th when most of these people were capable of competing for top 4th in the not so distant past. Being a good man manager is more than just being liked by your employees, it means being able to get the best of them. That's clearly not happening at all.

The most likely scenario is then, he continues to bring people in that believe in his project, and somehow even if we spend in the player he wants, nothing clicks. Which is no different to what has been happening this season.

Jae

If he gets rid of some of the players who are holding us back in the summer and we're still ****e next season then I'll be all aboard the Arteta out bus.

We aren't going anywhere under any manager with some of the plodders we have lining up for us every week.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
AFTV "gave fans a voice", but then bought into their own self importance WAY too much ffs...any fan who thinks they are genuinely more important to a football club than coaches, players, whatever...is a ****ing ***** tbh :lol:

And you know the likes of DT think they are more important to Arsenal than Arsène was, as he supported them before Wenger and will support them after Wenger (as if that makes any difference to a football club improving or not ((I also love fans who support successful team describe themselves as "winners"...how exactly, by watching other people win :lol: )))

I think fans have grown to self important, since the increase of social media, tbh.

Football fans are the most important thing to a football club. They are the ones who pour their money and energy into the club. Whether that always be positive or not. No manager or player (past or present) will ever be more important to a club than a fan.

Especially when they are picking up millions a year while the average fan often has to cut corners and make sacrifices to go to matches.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
If he gets rid of some of the players who are holding us back in the summer and we're still ****e next season then I'll be all aboard the Arteta out bus.

We aren't going anywhere under any manager with some of the plodders we have lining up for us every week.
The same plodders who he picks and is keen to keep by offering them new contracts?

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He kept Xhaka when he could have sold him, same with Bellerin. £60m + we could have made and bought better players. He's destroyed the £30m assets of Guendouzi and Saliba. Alienated Özil and made us play worse in the process then brought in a poor imitation. Nelson could be getting Willian's minutes. Saliba could be getting Luiz's. Guendouzi could be getting Ceballos' minutes. What are we doing?

We've developed and played two retirement prospects and two Madrid players at the expense of our own talent that have long term contracts and still finishing 10th

Mikel Arterror

Last edited:

Kav

Established Member
There is a good coach in him, but he is too raw right now.

I wish he had got some experience with another team like Fulham or Soceidad before coming here. Too much presuure.
This has been my default position on Arteta. I genuinely think he has the basic tools to one day become a good manager but that he’s presently lacking a lot of the qualities that are required to navigate a club like ours that’s in our present predicament. It’s a fine balance between making profits and achieving top tier targets while developing players and winning trophies. It’s a balance that the most astute and experienced struggle with at times.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
He kept Xhaka when he could have sold him, same with Bellerin. £60m + we could have made and bought better players. He's destroyed the £30m assets of Guendouzi and Saliba. Alienated Özil and made us play worse in the process then brought in a poor imitation. Nelson could be getting Willian's minutes. Saliba could be getting Luiz's. Guendouzi could be getting Ceballos' minutes. What are we doing?

We've developed and played two retirement prospects and two Madrid players at the expense of our own talent that have long term contracts and still finishing 10th

Mikel Arterror
Finishing 10th:lol::lol:

The league didn't finish today.

What is wrong with you lads????

My 5 year old has more comprehension.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
This has been my default position on Arteta. I genuinely think he has the basic tools to one day become a good manager but that he’s presently lacking a lot of the qualities that are required to navigate a club like ours that’s in our present predicament. It’s a fine balance between making profits and achieving top tier targets while developing players and winning trophies. It’s a balance that the most astute and experienced struggle with at times.

The problem is that's just your random opinion. The whole "i think he will make a good manager" narrative is based on nothing. There's very little substance behind it. He has proven nothing at Arsenal. You can say he won a cup but winning 1 or 2 games doesn't prove anything. Its about consistency and week in week out making right and better decisions. He keeps saying he needs more player and to spend money. That doesn't hide the fact he is failing with the tools he has got and massively under performing.

At no other company in the world would a top manager or CEO take the club backwards with no signs of progression and not be questioned. Or worse. Shifted on.

He has been incredibly lucky there have been no fans allowed in the stadium.

I was really hoping he was turning a corner after Chelsea but that was proven wrong. He has been super inconsistent which leads me to believe that some of our better results came about because our opponents weren't at it.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
The problem is that's just your random opinion. The whole "i think he will make a good manager" narrative is based on nothing. There's very little substance behind it. He has proven nothing at Arsenal. You can say he won a cup but winning 1 or 2 games doesn't prove anything. Its about consistency and week in week out making right and better decisions. He keeps saying he needs more player and to spend money. That doesn't hide the fact he is failing with the tools he has got and massively under performing.

At no other company in the world would a top manager or CEO take the club backwards with no signs of progression and not be questioned. Or worse. Shifted on.

He has been incredibly lucky there have been no fans allowed in the stadium.

I was really hoping he was turning a corner after Chelsea but that was proven wrong. He has been super inconsistent which leads me to believe that some of our better results came about because our opponents weren't at it.
Woodward?

GDeep™

League is very weak
Everything in football is about the here and now, there's nothing you can do about it. Ferguson would have been sacked 3 times over before he achieved any success at Man Utd if he were starting off today.

We all think we're football experts because we see a cherry picked stat on Twitter or our favourite pundit has some hot take. I'm past the point of caring now, we've got one of the most annoying fan bases in England I think.

We're 10th because we deserve to be 10th. We've got no god given right to be at the top of the table. Arteta and the players deserve the blame for it, let's see if they can turn it around next season. If results aren't better then, Arteta deserves to go.

I'm honestly sick of every little thing being compared to Wenger, and how unfairly he was treated. It's mind numbingly tedious at this point.
You keep saying that last bit about Wenger, but everything was/is/will always be compared to Wenger. Play well, play bad, win a title, win a European cup, play beautiful football and it’ll be compared and measured against Wenger.

When Emery went on a 20 game unbeaten run it was compared to what we saw at the end of Wenger, our good defensive record this season is measured against Wenger despite one manager parking the bus and the other always playing front foot attacking football.

Man Utd fans compare everything to Ferguson, Liverpool fans compared everything to the 70’s until recently etc.

Legend14

Established Member
I would go along with the thought process that a high power, an omnipotent being is definitely punishing us for the way we treated Wenger and how unappreciative this fanbase became of him. I think that's a fair assessment.
I feel as if the mass majority of Arsenal fans appreciate all that Wenger did for the club, but we are being punished for something it seems.

Iceman10

Established Member
Not happy with Arteta starting Willian instead of Pepe, and also the mistake for the Burnley equaliser, that was all in the first half, etc., but what grabbed my attention most was the lackluster first half of the second half where the team came on and lacked drive and character. That goes on the manager. No excuse for it, in my opinion. The team looks like they are waiting for a new PL season, but that means they don’t seem to have the drive from the manager on the importance of getting Top 6.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom