• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I still see your shadows in my room
can’t take back the love that I gave you
it’s to the point where I love and I hate you
and I cannot change you, so I must replace you,

Easier said than done,
I thought you were the one,
listening to my heart instead of my head

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I still see your shadows in my room
can’t take back the love that I gave you
it’s to the point where I love and I hate you
and I cannot change you, so I must replace you,

Easier said than done,
I thought you were the one,
listening to my heart instead of my head

But they caught us on the counter "It wasn't Mik's"
Saw Elneny passing backwards "It wasn't Mik's"
He would just never drop Xhaka "It wasn't Mik's"
VAR even caught it on camera "It wasn't Mik's"
Saw the cones I layed over "It wasn't Mik's"
Heard the wage Willian goes for "It wasn't Mik's"
Heard the screams getting louder "It wasn't Mik's"
He kept saying trust the process.

Last edited:

AW49

Not surprising to see so many ridiculous takes after a bad result again, ignoring the clear signs of improvement in our play. Probably the same people that thought Emery was turning things around when he tin assed his way to that flukey unbeaten streak at the start of his tenure.

Just need to keep preforming at this level consistently. If we keep plastering teams in all aspects except for individual bonehead plays and VAR madness, we'll win a lot of football matches.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What happened to the wonderful adventures
The places I had planned for us to go?
Well, some of that we did, but most we didn't
And why, I just don't know

Slipping through my fingers all the time
I try to capture every minute
The feeling in it
Do I really see what's in her mind?
Each time I think I'm close to knowing
She keeps on growing

Raising an old timers song for you @Rex Banter @El Duderino . Don't you dare say anything bad about it.

Aubamagoal

He kept Xhaka when he could have sold him, same with Bellerin. £60m + we could have made and bought better players. He's destroyed the £30m assets of Guendouzi and Saliba. Alienated Özil and made us play worse in the process then brought in a poor imitation. Nelson could be getting Willian's minutes. Saliba could be getting Luiz's. Guendouzi could be getting Ceballos' minutes. What are we doing?

We've developed and played two retirement prospects and two Madrid players at the expense of our own talent that have long term contracts and still finishing 10th

Mikel Arterror
We’re apparently having a cultural shift at the club driven by Arteta. But that just sounds like inability to manage certain egos and types of players

inferior manager if you ask me. I hope he gets sacked soon

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Everything in football is about the here and now, there's nothing you can do about it. Ferguson would have been sacked 3 times over before he achieved any success at Man Utd if he were starting off today.

We all think we're football experts because we see a cherry picked stat on Twitter or our favourite pundit has some hot take. I'm past the point of caring now, we've got one of the most annoying fan bases in England I think.

We're 10th because we deserve to be 10th. We've got no god given right to be at the top of the table. Arteta and the players deserve the blame for it, let's see if they can turn it around next season. If results aren't better then, Arteta deserves to go.

I'm honestly sick of every little thing being compared to Wenger, and how unfairly he was treated. It's mind numbingly tedious at this point.
:lol: You're comparing Arteta to fergie?
We both know Arteta won't be sacked regardless of where we finish this season. Don't know why you're crying about the fans. No one has a God given right to be at the top of the table. But based on the players we have,we should be around the top six at minimum.

So if Arteta relegates us, you'll be saying "We have no god-given right to stay up' :lol:

I want him sacked for the record but even I have resigned myself to the fact that that isn't happening any time soon. He has the safest job in the league. Ancelotti has more pressure to win than Arteta. Let that sink in.

Last edited:

Jae

The same plodders who he picks and is keen to keep by offering them new contracts?

Yup. The same plodders that Wenger and Emery picked every week as well unfortunately. If he doesn't get rid of them and we still have the likes of Xhaka lining up for our first team next season mate then I'm sorry but I'm done :lol: He can pack his bags.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

We’re apparently having a cultural shift at the club driven by Arteta. But that just sounds like inability to manage certain egos and types of players

inferior manager if you ask me. I hope he gets sacked soon

This is where I get a little conflicted. I'd be behind some of the stuff he's done if we were actually playing well as a result. No doubt the club needs a cultural shift from it's comfy mediocrity. But if you want to take the fans with you, you can't do things like payustafi to go but give him minutes while he's here instead of letting Saliba play.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

What about 14/15? That was the first time the media caught wind of DT's banner at West Brom, and they had that "if you don't spend, we won't spend" demonstration at the Emirates. Didn't stop the team from finishing 3rd and winning the cup.

? I used that one game as an example where the manager was blamed for individual errors on the pitch.
There was nothing like the pressure then it hadn't taken off in either the mainstream or social media platforms like it was about to. Wenger Out banners cropping up everywhere, Time Square, Baseball games, pop concerts, cricket matches, Grand Prixs, even a football game in Cincinnati and many many more.

Arsenal fans everywhere took to insulting Arsène, Hardly surprising he folded. Don’t think any other club has treated such a superb manager so badly. There's never been anything like it.

And just look at the rubbish since that the same fans are bigging up. Shocking stuff.

• Wow
Reactions: A_G

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

But if you want to take the fans with you, you can't do things like payustafi to go but give him minutes while he's here instead of letting Saliba play.
I've struggled to come to terms with this tbh. We have some of the most highly rated players youngsters in europe and yet they can't get a game here. Meanwhile Mustafi and Sokratis was getting game time here till they left.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
You keep saying that last bit about Wenger, but everything was/is/will always be compared to Wenger. Play well, play bad, win a title, win a European cup, play beautiful football and it’ll be compared and measured against Wenger.

When Emery went on a 20 game unbeaten run it was compared to what we saw at the end of Wenger, our good defensive record this season is measured against Wenger despite one manager parking the bus and the other always playing front foot attacking football.

Man Utd fans compare everything to Ferguson, Liverpool fans compared everything to the 70’s until recently etc.

It may be natural but if fans are going to compare every manager we have to the number 1/2 manager in the clubs history they're going to be disappointed / frustrated 90% of the time.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

The reason Sp**s beat Burnley 4-0 and we're moaning about a VAR decision is because they had more than double the number of shots on target.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Arsenal, are you okay?
So, Arsenal, are you okay? Are you okay, Arsenal?
Arsenal, are you okay?
Arsenal, are you okay?

You've been scammed by—
You've been scammed by—
A Paella Criminal

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Lol. You're comparing to fergie?
We both know Arteta won't be sacked regardless of where we finish this season. Don't know why you're crying about the fans. No one has a God given right to be at the top of the table. But based on the players we have,we should be around the top six at minimum.

So if Arteta relegates us, you'll be saying "We have no god-given right to stay up' :lol:

I want him sacked for the record but even I have resigned myself to the fact that that isn't happening any time soon. H has the safest job in the league. Ancelotti has more pressure to win than Arteta let that sink in.
He doesn’t have the safest job in the league. Truth is he is lucky there are no fans. But finish 10th this season and not winning europa league means he had a poor season. Next season he will be in exact position Emery was, the negative seasons feeling will carry on from fans and media and let’s say he has poor first half of next season laying 9th/10th you don’t think there will be huge media/fans pressure on him? Or has 10th become so normal that even next season he will be safe?

Unless he win Europa league I would bet good money he won’t see out 2021

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Tbh there has been a clear improvement in the play. We bombarded their goal yesterday and a mixture of luck and **** officiating kept the ball out of their net. I can live with that. Couldn’t live with our Nov - December performances but Arteta looks to have sorted it out.

Arteta needs to realise a mobile midfielder who can play comfortably off both feet and wriggle out of pressure is a priority. Whether Buendia can play deeper I dunno but someone like him is a must in the off season. He will not got it this easy again next season in terms of fan pressure.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

It may be natural but if fans are going to compare every manager we have to the number 1/2 manager in the clubs history they're going to be disappointed / frustrated 90% of the time.
Who's comparing him to the number 2 manager, Chapman was 1925 ffs. OK Arteta's nowhere near Arsène' level, but his stats in his first season are even worse than Emery's first season.

And Emery was only given a matter of weeks into his 2nd season. At that stage fans were still in the mode 'we should be challenging for the title' and the board couldn't afford another massive backlash.

Now everybody's had a huge reality check and sobered up from the social media hysteria.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Tbh there has been a clear improvement in the play. We bombarded their goal yesterday and a mixture of luck and **** officiating kept the ball out of their net. I can live with that. Couldn’t live with our Nov - December performances but Arteta looks to have sorted it out.

Arteta needs to realise a mobile midfielder who can play comfortably off both feet and wriggle out of pressure is a priority. Whether Buendia can play deeper I dunno but someone like him is a must in the off season. He will not got it this easy again next season in terms of fan pressure.
We only had 3 shots on target.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Where is the 'improvement' and 'progress' that people keep pointing to. I haven't seen it. Let me get this straight. We finished 6th under wenger's worst and Emery came and took us to 5th (two points from 3rd). We would have have finished third that season if not for Mustafi and Xhaka costing us games against crystal palace and Brighton.

The following season Emery had a similar season to this where we languished in midtable for majority of the season and fans were screaming their head off and couldn't wait to get rid Emery. Now we're 10th. How is 10th an improvement to 5th. I'm struggling to understand that math. We've regressed. Plain and simple.

Last edited:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom