• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Didn’t say anywhere it was an excuse. I just said on the balance of probability he will be here another season. Right or wrong the big picture is the state of football and the world right now is a factor in that.

I think begrudgingly, you probably agree with this. You can keep being upset though, but it’s no good for your blood pressure matey.

I agree it’s far from perfect, but I think we have improved from the turgid football devoid of any chances that saw us flirt with relegation earlier in the season. Yesterday we hit the post twice, missed two gilt edged chances and had an outrageous descision against us, but in the end we got what we deserved and I don’t really have any sympathy.
Yeah I get what you're saying but its irrelevant whether mikel will be here next season or not when it comes to judging him today.

People are like disregarding fans opinions and clear evidence of us sliding down the table because he will be here next year.

If he's here next year it should be on merit and evidence. Not because we are a charity.

I seriously doubt his objectives this year were not to get releagted. So if he was set clear objectives likely to be in finish in the top 7 and he has missed that by a wide margin surely that calls for the chop.

He has and is failing quite spectacularly. And it is seemingly becoming accepted by quite a few fans. In my eyes we seem to be drifting into becoming a hugely irrelevant club. And every year we are out of the CL and Europe we move 2 or 3 years further away.

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
United fans will call out for Ole even on the second but arsenal fans won’t on 10th position.
This ^

We get the "trust the process" bullsh*t as well but it's just an excuse for bad managers to stay in the job.

Ole is never gonna win the big trophies. And neither is Arteta. (sorry but FA Cup is a second rate comp these days - pains me to say it. Arry Redknapp and Bobby Martinez won it recently, means nothing).

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You can't blame Mikel if players make poor decisions and lose concentration. Most clubs are playing out from the back now because it allows far more space further up the pitch. When we do it good, it looks beautiful and you must admit we have been much better at it since we started it under Emery.

When managers get sacked it’s from their players making poor decisions on the pitch. I can’t remember a manager getting sacked while his team is making good decisions on the pitch and getting results. I mean isn’t this why Emery got sacked

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
This ^

We get the "trust the process" bullsh*t as well but it's just an excuse for bad managers to stay in the job.

Ole is never gonna win the big trophies. And neither is Arteta. (sorry but FA Cup is a second rate comp these days - pains me to say it. Arry Redknapp and Bobby Martinez won it recently, means nothing).

It obviously isn't as big the as the Premier league or Champions league, but it's the nest best trophy to win after them (along with the Europa) certain teams (like Arsenal now) will never win the big 2 cups anymore, so of course we will enjoy the other trophies we win.

If Ole won the league cup with you (a player who scored United's most famous ever goal probably, and someone who clearly loves your club) would you not be even a little happy for him?

He may not be a great manager, but surely the emotional connection you have with him, would you not shed some tears of joy for him.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
It obviously isn't as big the as the Premier league or Champions league, but it's the nest best trophy to win after them (along with the Europa) certain teams (like Arsenal now) will never win the big 2 cups anymore, so of course we will enjoy the other trophies we win.

If Ole won the league cup with you (a player who scored United's most famous ever goal probably, and someone who clearly loves your club) would you not be even a little happy for him?

He may not be a great manager, but surely the emotional connection you have with him would you shed a little tear of joy for him.
We will never win big trophies because the mentality of the club and some of the fan base have accepted where we are. And its easier to say oh we aren't/shouldnt and will never challenge for anything meaningful than admit we have a poor manager and poor signings.

There is no logical reason why with a good manager and abit of decent work in the transfer market we can't break into the top 4 again and use that as a stepping stone to break top 3 and at least become competitive. We don't have to be winning the trophy. But we have to be at least in the conversation. As bad as united were they were in a conversation about the league only a month ago.

Chelsea at the start of the season where in the conversation. Liverpool too.

I can accept City beating us to the league and maybe a Chelsea as long as we put up a fight.

What I can't accept is saying ah we can't expect to be challenging City and Chelsea when we are taking 1 point from Wolves/Villa/Burnley.

When we are staring up at West Ham. Sp**s. Everton. Villa. When we are hoping for teams like Leeds and Palace to lose games in hand so we don't drop to 11th or 12th. Its embarrassing.

And people saying oh but Arteta can't be expected to do anything with this squad. A 200m front line. A 90m central midfield pair. A 23m keeper. Experienced defenders who have won things in other teams. Some of the best young players in the league. And we shouldn't be above the likes of Villa or Everton??? That's delusional.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
ESR was the main man and Arteta decided to move him from his position or yesterday not play him at all, shocking stuff. No idea why Ødegaard is preferred over him, ESR literally turned our season around.
Jesus christ the lad came off injured in our last game.

Do you lads actually follow arsenal at all??????

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
What a loada nonsense......... Guendouzi is looking so average at Hertha Belin and he's not the midfielder we need at the moment. His skillset is very similar to Xhaka's. Hes a good passer of the ball, yes, but his physical attributes and fitness are not up to scratch. You would rather get rid of the one midfielder we have who brings balance between midfield and attack for another deep lying midfielder. This makes no sense. As for Saliba, the guy is still only 19 FFS. I guess you would be one of the first ones to jump on his back if mistakes were made by him leading to his confidence to crumble. Luiz, although not ideal, is an experienced professional who has won everything. We need experienced players like that who play with no fear and have won and been influential in the 'Big' finals. His influence on and off the pitch has been applauded by many coaches within the club. Willian is another player who although it hasn't quite worked out so far, has won stuff and will help nurture the likes of Reiss Nelson, who will i'm sure slowly take his place over the next year and a half. It's only a short term solution for crying out loud! And you say we're developing 2 Real Madrid prospects completely forgetting that Edu and Arteta have had difficult circumstances and financial restrainsts of the pandemic to operate under!!! Come on, you've got to be reasonable man!
:facepalm:
Difficult financial restraints like paying £20m to players just to make them leave? Willian helps nurture Nelson by taking all his minutes and stinking up the place? Find one post of mine where I jump on young players’ backs for mistakes. Ceballos brings balance to our midfield? :lol:

ok man, sorry I’m not being “reasonable”

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Yes we can address that.

But I'm not listening to people saying artera has dropped him for Odeegard after he was taken off injured in the last ****en game.

The angles people use to attack Artera here is pathetic.
Yeah but he's also been pushed out of position where he's nowhere near as effective as he is centrally.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Told Pepe Don't you ever come around here
Don't wanna see your skills, you better disappear
He's signing Willian and his work rates really clear
So beat it, just beat it

Trust the process man, just be a Mik stan
Don't cry about results, don't be a @Macho man
"but like Every game is tough, and us fans have had enough?"
Just beat it,
"but Arteta's so bad?"

Just beaaaaat it (child), beaaaaaat it (lol)
"But we keep getting defeated?"
But Signs of improvement, but signs of fight
"it doesn't matter if we're still sh*te"
Just beat it (beat it)
Just beat it (beat it)
Just beat it (beat it)
Just beat it (beat it, uh)

Masterpiece!

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Assume we finish 10th and don’t win Europa? The people who see progress from last season despite getting less goals and points. What should be the minimum for Arteta next season? Top 4?

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Assume we finish 10th and don’t win Europa? The people who see progress from last season despite getting less goals and points. What should be the minimum for Arteta next season? Top 4?
Yes definitely for me.

If by Xmas we are not challenging for top 4 he needs the boot.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If we didn't get Ødegaard, then everyone would be saying how Arteta is putting too much pressure on a youngster like ESR...no matter what my boy does, he gets massacred on here 😢

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Told Pepe Don't you ever come around here
Don't wanna see your skills, you better disappear
He's signing Willian and his work rates really clear
So beat it, just beat it

Trust the process man, just be a Mik stan
Don't cry about results, don't be a @Macho man
"but like Every game is tough, and us fans have had enough?"
Just beat it,
"but Arteta's so bad?"

Just beaaaaat it (child), beaaaaaat it (lol)
"But we keep getting defeated?"
But Signs of improvement, but signs of fight
"it doesn't matter if we're still sh*te"
Just beat it (beat it)
Just beat it (beat it)
Just beat it (beat it)
Just beat it (beat it, uh)
Should have changed "just beat it" to"just cross it" :shivering:

Top Bottom