• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

If Arteta somehow wins Europa league you have to let him work tbh.

Even though I think it is possible to fluke cups and league form says more, the name of the game is CL qualification. If he achieves this whilst winning a final that our previous managers couldn't, I personally feel like we should allow him.

This is coming from someone who can't wait to see the back of him btw.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If we didn't get Ødegaard, then everyone would be saying how Arteta is putting too much pressure on a youngster like ESR...no matter what my boy does, he gets massacred on here 😢
If getting Ødegaard to compete with and allow rest for ESR and we had an agreement for future fee in place was his only issue then it’d be fine. He’s done lots of questionable squad stuff. Things don’t happen in vacuums

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
If Arteta somehow wins Europa league you have to let him work tbh.

Even though I think it is possible to fluke cups and league form says more, the name of the game is CL qualification. If he achieves this whilst winning a final that our previous managers couldn't, I personally feel like we should allow him.

This is coming from someone who can't wait to see the back of him btw.
How I feel as well, I'd be delighted to win the Europa more than anything but the board I'm sure would have given him the aim of CL qualification pre season and he'd have achieved it with a EL win. I'm pretty sure qualification through our league placing would have been the main aim though.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Top question.

@say yes @DUFFMAN @teamsoutheast

what would make you want Arteta gone? Does 10th and no EL win feel like progress?
I'm willing to give him the start of next season.

I know where we are right now is nowhere near good enough but I also believe in giving people a bit of support and patience in life.

The club has been run so badly long before Artera came. He says he wants to change things and get rid of some deadwood. He has started that.

As I said, if after 15 games or by xmas we aren't challenging for top 4 I will want him sacked and he will be if that's the case.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

The expectation for Wenger was top four, he got an extra season when he finished 5th due to his standing and was sacked (let’s not pretend otherwise) when it became obvious top four was gone for a second season.

Emery got an extra year after finishing 5th due to Raul covering his own arse after pushing for his mate to get the job and was then sacked halfway through the season.

KSE have actually backed Arteta massively considering COVID, £45m up front for Partey, paying off players early etc. 18 months and we’re 10th in the table, not 6/7/8th ****ing tenth. Only reason he’ll be here if he doesn’t win Europa is Josh seems to have pushed for him ala Raul/Emery.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
The expectation for Wenger was top four, he got an extra season when he finished 5th due to his standing and was sacked (let’s not pretend otherwise) when it became obvious top four was gone for a second season.

Emery got an extra year after finishing 5th due to Raul covering his own arse after pushing for his mate to get the job and was then sacked halfway through the season.

KSE have actually backed Arteta massively considering COVID, £45m up front for Partey, paying off players early etc. 18 months and we’re 10th in the table, not 6/7/8th ****ing tenth. Only reason he’ll be here if he doesn’t win Europa is Josh seems to have pushed for him ala Raul/Emery.
45 million for Partey.

Yes but let's be honest his first season has been a disaster

If he was playing week in week out I'd tend to agree with you.

Elneny has been his replacement, jesus think about that for a minute.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
45 million for Partey.

Yes but let's be honest his frost season has been a disaster

If he was playing wrekin week out I'd tend to agree with you.

Elneny has been his replacement, jesus think about that for a minute.
Who's decision was it to have Elneny as his replacement though? Same with Ceballos. They're here because Arteta chose to have them here.

teamsoutheast

When managers get sacked it’s from their players making poor decisions on the pitch. I can’t remember a manager getting sacked while his team is making good decisions on the pitch and getting results. I mean isn’t this why Emery got sacked
I think Emery was unlucky to get sacked as it was the language barrier which was his downfall (not his fault at all as he always tried his best to speak english when doing interviews etc...) His instructions were not getting across to the players clearly. Arteta speaks multiple languages and his instructions do seem to be getting across to the players. We have improved defensively big time, nobody can deny that. We just need to work on our attacking game and find that balance in our transition play. A number of players have already praised Arteta for his coaching methods. Had we have got that Penalty which was blatantly a penalty BTW, or had Ceballos shot in the dying seconds gone in nobody would be piping up on here. This Burnley game had nothing to do with Arteta as we controlled it throughout. A few seasons ago we would have crumbled under pressure and lost that game. Both teams to be fair were solid at the back.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

What's even funnier is that when Wenger was sacked we were still in the EL and with a bit more luck we beat Atletico and probably beat Marseille and end up in the Champions League anyways.

Granted Arteta still has EL to fall back on himself but it doesn't seem like there's any real pressure on him even if we don't win it and even if we finish 9th/10th which is very likely. Emery was sacked when we fell to 8th and top 4 was looking like a struggle (we weren't even completely out of the race at this point either) as it was seen as thinkable and dropping well below the standards of this football club. All of a sudden we appoint Arteta and decide to just completely lower the standards despite giving him several of the players he wanted and Kroenke backing him more than the two other managers by sanctioning the Partey deal. Remember Emery wanted Partey too, he wanted Zaha, didn't get them and got players he didn't want and was still expected to have us challenge top 4.

I don't know what's happened in this past year or so where the entire club has decided we shouldn't be aiming for top 4 anymore, top 6 isn't even necessary. Maybe they've just assessed things and decided we're a long way off where we want to be. My suspicion is that they really don't want to have to try find another manager as all of a sudden the pressure really starts to go on those above if they get another manager wrong so they're trying to persist as long as possible.

Whatever it is, the standards have went from top 4 to top 10 in like a year and it's incredible when you think about it.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Top question.

@say yes @DUFFMAN @teamsoutheast

what would make you want Arteta gone? Does 10th and no EL win feel like progress?
I think nothing will make them want change in the summer. I have accepted that. My thing is they will start the progression debate next season from us finishing 10th. With this in mind it’s almost impossible for Arteta not to have made progression from finishing 10th

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I think Emery was unlucky to get sacked as it was the language barrier which was his downfall (not his fault at all as he always tried his best to speak english when doing interviews etc...)

Without the language problems Emery might have lasted a bit longer, but he would have been sacked anyway as he's just not good enough for a top club.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Edu will do as told by his boss Kia.

2217484.jpg

fe5394f3-0185-44ac-915c-d75c726721e2.jpg

Latest posts+

Top Bottom