• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Legend14

Established Member
I think managers need to get more time. I'm not really invested anymore in if the manager should be sacked or not or what manager should come in next. I let you drama queens fight about that. But until we are ready to give the manager 3-5 years with a lot of up and downs to shape the team and work it, nothing will change.
3-5 years? I am in agreement that you give managers time, but that would be an eternity if the manager is not moving the team forward. Also, elite clubs have higher expectation of the manager’s impact.

Mohamed7

I don't know where to post this but we have become an absolute joke, laughing stock. We sacrificed so much for the new stadium yet provided no advantage, certainly didn't give us any league title.

Now every pub team is building one and we are 10th in the league with an extremely inexperienced manager.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Moving into a rookie stadium, with no past experience of having a football team in it, killed us really.

Should have stayed at Highbury, it had the experience, it had the qualifications of winning titles...such a shame :(

Iceman10

Established Member
Moving into a rookie stadium, with no past experience of having a football team in it, killed us really.

Should have stayed at Highbury, it had the experience, it had the qualifications of winning titles...such a shame :(

This ignores that the club was in an identity crisis in the mid-1990s, not going anywhere, until the club made moves with Rioch, Bergkamp, and then Wenger. Same old same old, like quite a few here seemingly wanting to forget that we had a manager in between Wenger and Arteta.

The stadium is not the problem. It is poor executive management that squandered our step up in finances when the Adidas deals took over from the long term Nike one. Poor buys, contract mismanagement, etc.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I'm not disagreeing with you. Leicester City is prime example. But we can't ask a club that recently fired its entire scouting staff to be smart about signings, now can we.
That's utterly sad. Something in the club is going fishy. I think Kronke without any interest in the team but money, Edu and Arteta without experiencie with bad management and the board with those fishy and dirty decisions, even boarding the corruption. It's affecting a lot in the football performance.

All the Özil saga is a clear example of how things could go so bad here. Because, being honest, we all know it wasn't only a football decision.

scytheavatar

Established Member

Had we stayed in Highbury, we would be in a worse position right now. You think we can't compete against City and Chelsea in the transfer market right now? Imagine how much bigger the gap would be without the extra 30 million per season we are getting from the Emirates.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Had we stayed in Highbury, we would be in a worse position right now. You think we can't compete against City and Chelsea in the transfer market right now? Imagine how much bigger the gap would be without the extra 30 million per season we are getting from the Emirates.
I don't know, you get more for winning titles with sponsors and TV rights, even in silver prices. I think we could wait a little more. Win more titles before.

It certainly disrupted the team. We that money we could get those 2 or 3 players we always needed to play alongside Fabregas, Nasri, RvP, etc.

Still behind Mikel although his team selection was **** once more. I don't get why Ceballos can't start against a team that likes to sit. Once again, what's up with Reiss?

We need better players. We release better players and keep faulty ones. We give bumper contracts and are too afraid to make decisions. It's just a **** show in all departments, and it is surprising how Kroenke can be so casual with a business of such magnitude!

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Arteta is nowhere near perfect and has clearly made mistakes,, but I guess we should also acknowledge that the levels of pure stupidity in this squad are unparalleled. We are the Champions of Stupidity.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Arteta is nowhere near perfect and has clearly made mistakes,, but I guess we should also acknowledge that the levels of pure stupidity in this squad are unparalleled. We are the Champions of Stupidity.

He had opportunities to get rid of Luiz, Xhaka, not play Mustafi, etc.
But maybe he's keeping all these error-prone players on purpose to use them as scapegoats, who knows.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

Mistakes made on the pitch on a consistent and regular basis are very much indicative of the calibre of coaching.

Most mistakes on the pitch are due to one or a combo of the following:
Lack of communication or teamwork.
Lack of technique.
Lack of tactical understanding.
Poor preparation before the match.
Poor squad choice for the task.

The odd mistake on the pitch is part of football, but when mistakes become a distinguishing feature of a squad, that's bad coaching.

say yes

forum master baiter
Mistakes made on the pitch on a consistent and regular basis are very much indicative of the calibre of coaching.

Most mistakes on the pitch are due to one of the following:
Lack of communication or teamwork.
Lack of technique.
Lack of tactical understanding.
Poor preparation before the match.
Poor squad choice for the task.

The odd mistake on the pitch is part of football, but when mistakes become a distinguishing feature of a squad, that's bad coaching.
Mistakes have been a distinguishing feature of our squad for ages now. It’s nothing to do with Arteta’s coaching and everything to do with players who aren’t up to standard.

say yes

forum master baiter
He had opportunities to get rid of Luiz, Xhaka, not play Mustafi, etc.
But maybe he's keeping all these error-prone players on purpose to use them as scapegoats, who knows.
Who would you drop Xhaka for out of interest?

Ceballos made the worst mistakes of our season against Benifica so doubt it’s him.

This must mean you’re an Elneny fan :shivering:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Right so the coaching since 2017 has just been bad, even though there's been a bunch of different coaches in that time, the main problem isn't the error-prone players who are the constant over that period.

If only we had better coaching Xhaka wouldn't have passed the ball straight into a Burnley player 😔

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Who would you drop Xhaka for out of interest?

Ceballos made the worst mistakes of our season against Benifica so doubt it’s him.

This must mean you’re an Elneny fan :shivering:
Xhaka is better than Ceballos and Elneny, of course he is but that's ignoring the fact that all 3 of those players are part of this squad because Arteta wanted them so we can't really use the excuse that his options are poor. Even Emery sussed out that Elneny was ****.

say yes

forum master baiter
Xhaka is better than Ceballos and Elneny, of course he is but that's ignoring the fact that all 3 of those players are part of this squad because Arteta wanted them so we can't really use the excuse that his options are poor. Even Emery sussed out that Elneny was ****.
Ok great, so Arteta should have sold Xhaka and Elneny this summer and not loaned Ceballos.

Who would you have been starting in midfield this season? Bearing in mind the club is making heavy covid losses and we had to get a loan from our owner just to sign Partey.

Fill in the CM gaps for me:
Option 1 - Partey (injured most of the season)
Option 2 - ?
Option 3 - ?
Option 4 - ?

Top Bottom