• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Imagine having the balls to drop your captain and best player for this NLD.

And then you drop that performance.

My manager.

Tbf the only thing I felt Mikel did wrong was talking about it being disciplinary pre-match. Much rather he kept it quiet and just came out with some tactical reason nonsense and that would’ve been that.

Feels that’s an aspect of his management career he really needs to improve.

say yes

forum master baiter
Tbf the only thing I felt Mikel did wrong was talking about it being disciplinary pre-match. Much rather he kept it quiet and just came out with some tactical reason nonsense and that would’ve been that.

Feels that’s an aspect of his management career he really needs to improve.
Yeah, will be interesting to see if there's any fallout from Auba. It's a tricky one though, I'm genuinely not sure 'tactical reasons' works when it's your captain / best player in the NLD. It's either drop him and be honest or don't imo.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Tactics spot on today and a ballsy call before the match.

Mourinho had a shocker, 3 talented strikers and he set out not to use them.

bergholt

So we clearly don't have a captain at the moment

Auba: flaky and not really a leader
Laca: doesn't start most games
Xhaka: fans still hate him

Other regulars

Leno: I guess could be an option but doesn't seem a leader to me
Gabriel: English not good enough
Holding: not starting
Luiz: too old
Bellerin: not starting
Mari: not starting
Cedric: doesn't seem a leader
Tierney: maybe?
Partey: not playing well enough
Saka: too young
Ødegaard: on loan
ESR: too young
Pepe: doesn't seem a leader
Willian: too old

Not many to choose from here. Should we make Tierney club captain?

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Yeah, will be interesting to see if there's any fallout from Auba. It's a tricky one though, I'm genuinely not sure 'tactical reasons' works when it's your captain / best player in the NLD. It's either drop him and be honest or don't imo.
Tbh he won so it doesn't matter, thats how it works in football as sad as it is sometimes. But he made a power move and it paid off. Kudos to Arteta.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
So we clearly don't have a captain at the moment

Auba: flaky and not really a leader
Laca: doesn't start most games
Xhaka: fans still hate him

Other regulars

Leno: I guess could be an option but doesn't seem a leader to me
Gabriel: English not good enough
Holding: not starting
Luiz: too old
Bellerin: not starting
Mari: not starting
Cedric: doesn't seem a leader
Tierney: maybe?
Partey: not playing well enough
Saka: too young
Ødegaard: on loan
ESR: too young
Pepe: doesn't seem a leader
Willian: too old

Not many to choose from here. Should we make Tierney club captain?

Tierney it is!

Iceman10

Established Member
Five points behind Everton in sixth with a game in hand. Pretty important as I don’t want Top 6 closed off as that will only add more pressure on performances in EL knockout ties.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He got it right today. You could argue that he could have swept the Auba thing under the carpet. However, if the captain can't be on time for the North London derby...what signal does that send out to the younger players.

The best bit is that there are attacking patterns emerging now. We are improving.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Big call today dropping Auba.

If we'd lost I'm sure the grumblings would have started up. As captain you should be setting an example to the other players, timekeeping shouldn't be an issue. Hopefully it's forgotten about now and Auba learns his lesson. A 31 year old man shouldn't need telling to arrive at work on time to be honest.

You can't really question the line up after a performance like that.

Glad he look Saka off at HT, he's been looking a little leggy recently. Pepe did well overall, the ball through to Laca for his pen was top notch too!

Beating Sp**s always puts a bit of credit in the bank. Let's hope we see more performances at this level and intensity for the duration of the season, then we'll be getting somewhere.

Only 2 points off Liverpool now too......We're coming for you Jurgen :lol:

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
I've no problem with the way he handled Auba today. He's captain of the club so has to be setting an example whether it's Brighton or Sp**s we are playing. I dare say when Arteta was captain he would always be first in the door.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Very good day for him, deserves a lot of respeck.

Long-term he needs to work on our game management though especially when we go ahead, it's less than ideal.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
You love him or hate him but since he came on we always look confident in big games we never played a game with loser mentality maybe apart from man city.

But again I'm frustrated the way he handle off field issues he shouldn't share it in media.

Top Bottom