• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Partey is a finished article to some extent. You arent going to really improve him. Regardless the guy has been injured for most of the season and constantly looks like as if he's flagging.

Hopefully by next season he will be properly settled.
Almost all of our players have regressed. How do you explain that?

The likes of Elneny, Torreira, Xhaka were part of a midfield that finished 1 point behind 4th. I know they're not the level of players we should aspire for. But Emery had them playing above their true level. Lacazette was one of the best attackers in the league under Emery.

Bellerin Mustafi Sokratis Kola was starting for us that season and we almost finished top four. Emery had a worse attack than this and made work and we scored the 3rd highest number of goals.

What else does Arteta need.

Are you saying 10th is the level of this squad?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

56% choosing the second option ffs :lol: Biggest con job ever.

I don't understand when it was decided that we're a mid-table club and that's that. Even at the start of the season people were talking about challenging for top 4, hence why we signed someone like Partey but at the bare minimum an improvement on last season and top 6. If we go out to Slavia then we'll have done miles worse than last season yet we should still stick to what we're doing?

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
I don't understand when it was decided that we're a mid-table club and that's that. Even at the start of the season people were talking about challenging for top 4, hence why we signed someone like Partey but at the bare minimum an improvement on last season and top 6. If we go out to Slavia then we'll have done miles worse than last season yet we should still stick to what we're doing?
Cmon man remember it's a long term project we are undertaking; it's not about current results but the future of the club. Why else would we be continually playing our long term prospects Laca, Willan and Elneny? These players are the long term future of our club, not short term solutions likre martinelli, Pepe and saliba.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
the Athletic writers predicted us to finish 5th 🥴
1ev4s5rhnpl51.png

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
The same people/media who backed us for top 4 (based on our squad) are the ones now saying the squad is not good enough. Nothing to do with arteta. I can't think of a manager (especially at arsenal) who gets backed to the extent that he needs to bring in his "own players" in every single position of the team before he can be judged.

Jabintendo

Lots of "top" managers, bankers, etc. in Germany are earning in a similar way to Kroos. They'll maybe have basic yearly wages around 80.000 to 120.000 € - which already makes them top or at least very good earners, but not millionaires - but will then get a few million in bonuses. Tax free on top of that. Always maintained if you want more money from the rich you either start taxing these bonuses or their personal capital while actually lowering income taxes for everyone. Couldn't care less about 60% taxes on a 90.000€ income - have a flat tax around 30 to 40% for everyone e.g. -, but I want at least 25% of that 5 or 10 million bonus the Deutsche Bank, Deutsche Bahn, Commerzbank, Mercedes, etc bosses get.

This is not correct. Bonuses are included in the income tax calculation along with your basic salary and taxed accordingly.

Do you honestly think any government will allow such a simple loophole to exist where bonuses are not taxed by standard income rates?
Then every employer would pay minimum wages and pay the rest of the package in bonuses as the company's employee contributions will also be lower.
The government would lose billions by allowing this.

If the bankers are paying a lower rate, they are been given share options or are paid out of offshore which is subject to different tax laws depending on where.

Earning €100,000 basic + €900,000 bonus is taxed exactly the same as earning €1,000,000 basic salary.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
The Athletic can spin it as a "long term project" all they like but it's a blatant lie in my opinion. I'm totally convinced that extending Auba, the board sanctioning spending big on Partey and signing Willian was done with the view to securing CL qualification via the top 4 this season, not in 2 years time. Of course we can still do that with the Europa but there's no way we went into this season with the intention of simply winning the EL and forget about everything else. That's probably why Arteta has went with experience as he sees that the best way to get results now.

With the situation with Covid and fans in stadiums etc, it leaves me wandering how badly our finances are going to be affected potentially without European football and particularly without the big CL money. We all heard Josh Kroenke saying "CL wages on a EL budget" but how will we plan to add any more wages and transfer fees when we've potentially got CL wages with no European football? Our success in the EL this season is an even bigger issue than we imagine I think.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The same people/media who backed us for top 4 (based on our squad) are the ones now saying the squad is not good enough. Nothing to do with arteta. I can't think of a manager (especially at arsenal) who gets backed to the extent that he needs to bring in his "own players" in every single position of the team before he can be judged.
Unai was only 1 point off top 4 with Mustafi, Kolasinac, Guendouzi, Torreira, Sokratis, Özil . . . all of whom have been booted out as not good enough and upgraded with Luiz, Tierney, Partey, Gabriel and Ødegaard, in those same positions, and in addition ESR and Saka have exploded with maturity. What more does he want.

And we’re 10th, playing like a Pulis team.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
What and waste two years on a deadbeat manager and little progression in terms of player development, goal attainment, increased fiscal losses and having the new guy be saddled with over the hill players like Luiz, Willian etc?

Nah i rather pass on that. Get rid of him in the summer. He's not going to become a better manager next season.
If it turns out that way, then yes, it would have been a waste. But then you can say every season where we haven’t won anything and haven’t progressed as a team is a ‘waste’... In which case we’ve wasted many years since 2004. At least this time we have at least two youngsters from the academy sure to be bedrocks of the team for the foreseeable future.

boxerumble

Baked Canadian

I genuinely wonder what goes on in Mikels mind when he goes home after the match. Does he bang the missus and just live his life like everyday people, cut the lawn, goes for leisurely drives in his 911, or is he just seething in his office drawing up tactics and banging his head against the wall?

Kav

Established Member
Not a very convincing counter. Our squad was bloated with **** players. Just because we're thin at midfield and LB/RB doesn't mean we didn't have a lot of **** central defenders that needed to be offloaded, etc. He also did not expect the situation between Özil and the club to cause him to lose his best AM. The depth the manager thought we had turned out to be fools gold. We're still waiting to see players like Nelson to put in a good performance, btw.

Depth and quality are two different things. You said we didn’t have depth. We clearly did. Now you’re saying there was depth but it was filled with poor players That’s a different argument.

Kav

Established Member
If it turns out that way, then yes, it would have been a waste. But then you can say every season where we haven’t won anything and haven’t progressed as a team is a ‘waste’... In which case we’ve wasted many years since 2004. At least this time we have at least two youngsters from the academy sure to be bedrocks of the team for the foreseeable future.

Unfortunately we’re in such a bad position this season that I don’t see it as a risk worth taking to keep faith in a manager who’s clearly failing at his job. He’s given us very little to look forward to.That’s just how I honestly feel about it.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Unfortunately we’re in such a bad position this season that I don’t see it as a risk worth taking to keep faith in a manager who’s clearly failing at his job. He’s given us very little to look forward to.That’s just how I honestly feel about it.
I’m not sure there are many buses out of the ****hole that we should be overly keen to jump on though. That’s how I see it.

We can’t deny that these are very strange times and while part of me wants us to move forward and if need be, sack Mikel for a poor finish in the league and a EL failure, a smaller part of me wants to see if a those things I mentioned earlier can have a positive effect. A lot can change for the better or worse in not much time in this game. I just really want to see fans in the stadium to get a good idea of where we are. I think it’s significant. How weird would it be for a manager to come and go with no fans in the stadium?

Top Bottom