• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Legend14

Established Member
He seems to treat everyone equally, is that really a bad thing? What's he going to do exactly? Pat Auba on the back and say there there? If you're dropped its because you're not performing, simple as that. No need for special cases and telling certain players why.
Disagree. The biggest challenge for a manager is personalities. These are elite performers. You don’t need to baby them every match, but you need to have more respect for their talent. No one pays to see the manager.

Hard for Arteta to understand because he is a very young manager. The players will determine his success.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The easy way for them is keeping Arteta, they have found in him the holy grail of someone capable of making the supporters accept and embrace mediocrity. No pressure to do anything, just stay in the PL letting the new Pep "gain experience" and rake it in selling gear.

Until recently you were played like a fiddle by him, so don't keep getting things wrong then.

It won't be so easy when fans are allowed back into the stadiums, once there is open dissent and falling tickets sales he will be gone.

Eh? I just try and call it as I see it, he gets credit/criticism when he deserves it. Its disingenuous to lay all the blame at his feet (which is something loads do on here), the players make multiple individual errors per match, just look at the game on Thursday.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Win takes us up to 9th tomorrow, back in single digit placement in the league!

All we have to do, is beat the worst team in the league...gonna be tricky...

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Silly guy, conveniently ignoring the fact that I said in Europe, Neto plays in Europe too you know?

Arguing against actual facts at your big age. Embarrassing.

Let's strip it back a bit here because Pepe plays less than Neto therefore stats will be skewed.

Have you watched Pepe play and attempt to dribble past players? There's no pace, no power, he doesnt dribble with any aggression, he looks elegant sometimes but there's no real passion to beat a player.

Now have you watched Neto? I'm sure you have. He plays with pace, power and aggressiveness. Something we severely lack on the wing, Saka plays with the aggressiveness but isn't as skillful as a dribbler.

I dont give a damn about stats when I can clearly see that one is an aggressive winger who beats his man regularly and the other is heavily reliant on skill to beat a man because he's not an aggressive, powerful runner.

It really isn't hard to differentiate the two. Another good example is Zaha, another one who uses power and aggressive dribbling to beat his man. Compare him to Mahrez or Bernardo Silva, who are overly reliant on skillful dribbling.

Pepe's finishing is pretty elite ill give him that, but I dont think he'll ever fit in this league with the lack of aggression. Reminds me of a winger version of Özil to some degree.

gamechannel

I swear I think he gets away with absolute mediocrity primarily cuz of his alleged looks, hair and snazzy outfits. Wenger wasn't a good looking man and Emery was Dracula re-incarnate. I really think people just want a good looking, trendy manager who wears tight, European fit clothes, rocks an apple watch and uses an iPad to coach even though he's a terrible coach and manager.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Pepe's finishing is pretty elite ill give him that, but I dont think he'll ever fit in this league with the lack of aggression. Reminds me of a winger version of Özil to some degree.
Hmm, I'd be more on the line of if Auba can make it and even kill it in the league, then with the right opportunity Pepe should be able to because strength and aggression aren't really synonymous with Aubameyang in my mind.

That said, I don't think Pepe lacks aggression per say, tbh he's much stronger than I thought. It's a strange comment seeing as just on Thursday he brushed off a guy to score.

But it seems like you're equating aggression to taking a man on but I don't think they linked that way.

I agree that Pepe's take on game is only decent if that (then again let's be real, apart from Messi who takes on players and regularly succeeds?), but in terms of aggression and physical strength I think he's actually quite good.

Just my $0.02 though, as someone on here used to say and I could be wrong.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
It's the favourable media treatment he gets also, even with our own podcasters/ media who will put out every excuse for him. The arsenal media in particular seem to love a manager who can talk a good game. You can win them over by being articulate, polite and saying what they want to hear. They correlated Emery's lack of English with a lack of competence and vice versa with arteta now. Also they get a lot more to work with in an arteta press conference

Last edited:

Iceman10

Established Member
It won't be so easy when fans are allowed back into the stadiums, once there is open dissent and falling tickets sales he will be gone.

Eh? I just try and call it as I see it, he gets credit/criticism when he deserves it. Its disingenuous to lay all the blame at his feet (which is something loads do on here), the players make multiple individual errors per match, just look at the game on Thursday.

This concept of collecting pros and cons during the season, knowing he was unlikely to be fired before the end of the season after he got through December is reasonable and sane. Certain passive aggressive conspiracy theories in here that people not going full blast against Arteta all the time would end up defending him no matter what were infantile (had to be put on mute), and have been proven wrong.

To note, it is people who are objective and shift their shades of grey opinions based on new information as we go along who carry the most weight if/when things have to turn hard against the manager because virtually all lines of defence for them do not exist anymore. For me, midtable might have been tolerable if we had acclimatised Saliba, had given AMN and Willock fair chances instead of Elneny and a loanee (Ceballos), and Martinelli and Reiss had progressed instead of Willian acting as a blocker on their opportunities. Arteta is on thin ice, EL his last chance to salvage anything.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Pepe is nothing like Özil :lol:

Yeah I think it's the Arsenal Vision podcast that kept making that comparison, maybe I'm remembering wrong....but I never really saw it.

Sure they're both quite technical (in different ways mind you, Özil is with his touch and passing, Pepe is with his shooting) and are both left footers but apart from that the comparison ends there for me.

To be fair, I suppose people are probably referencing early Özil at Bremen but I never really saw much of him there beyond highlights and when he played for Germany.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Let's strip it back a bit here because Pepe plays less than Neto therefore stats will be skewed.

Have you watched Pepe play and attempt to dribble past players? There's no pace, no power, he doesnt dribble with any aggression, he looks elegant sometimes but there's no real passion to beat a player.

Now have you watched Neto? I'm sure you have. He plays with pace, power and aggressiveness. Something we severely lack on the wing, Saka plays with the aggressiveness but isn't as skillful as a dribbler.

I dont give a damn about stats when I can clearly see that one is an aggressive winger who beats his man regularly and the other is heavily reliant on skill to beat a man because he's not an aggressive, powerful runner.

It really isn't hard to differentiate the two. Another good example is Zaha, another one who uses power and aggressive dribbling to beat his man. Compare him to Mahrez or Bernardo Silva, who are overly reliant on skillful dribbling.

You just like to twist fact, don't you?

Trilly told you Pepe was statistically one of the best dribbler. You claimed it was false. Then when you were proven wrong with fact, you start banging on about intangible stuff that only you can see.

A better player has Pepe playing better than this. Since mikel came here, this team has become a graveyard of talent.

Neto will be buried if he comes here. And I'm fairly certain you'll be one of the first to call him 'not good enough' in order to absolve Mikel of any culpability.

myoldarsenal

We don’t need to overrate our players to justify Arteta’s tactics has problems. We all know that there are flaws in his tactics. But there players are equally shxt at the same time.

We went from having a team of Van Persie, Fabregas, Hleb, Rosicky, Nasri, Arshavin.....to just left with Sanchez and Cazorla, and then now, with no one good enough. Auba and Laca has been fxxking jokes, anyone who has watched football for more than two seconds knew they were shxt.

Was over the moon when we finally get rid of shxt like walcott, ramsey, giroud, chamberlain....but we get in limited players like Özil, Auba and Laca, who are only good at making the final pass/final finish but doing nothing for the whole match.

People who thought they were good strikers/players are fools, they are levels and levels below Benzema, Suarez, Firmino......

Anyway, I’m glad these type of players will all be gone in the near future. I have been waiting for years.

@Oxeki

And even those players were bottlejobs who'd bottle the title every year, who'd bottle it against teams away from home where we'd be bullied every single season.

The truth is we haven't recovered from the era of 2004, our teams have gradually gone down the sh1tter. We had to accept that winning the top 4 trophy is enough, from being title winners. Now reaching the top4 is seen as a pinnacle. Soon it'll be staying in the top half.

That's how far standards have fallen. Liverpool were pants for 30 years but still won a CL, got to another CL final, won the Uefa Cup and an FA cup here or there. We'd never win the CL, never mind getting to the final, in a 100 years.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I swear I think he gets away with absolute mediocrity primarily cuz of his alleged looks, hair and snazzy outfits. Wenger wasn't a good looking man and Emery was Dracula re-incarnate. I really think people just want a good looking, trendy manager who wears tight, European fit clothes, rocks an apple watch and uses an iPad to coach even though he's a terrible coach and manager.

Wow, that is by far the most incorrect thing i've ever read on this forum!

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Y'all WISH you were as good looking as Wenger

898f2345d32a6fc95342ee7cfb8e9f85.jpg

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Ever wondered why it is that a Golden Boot winner who was humiliated in public can’t hit a barn door, a guy who scored 35 goals for Lille and can’t get a settled place in the side because of a Chelsea pensioner is **** in front of goal, and a class midfielder for Atleco is passing to imaginary players?

You think this is all coincidence?
You think Auba's disciplinary problem being made public is the reason he's been poor lately? :lol:

D

Dial Square 1886

?

He's had two air shots when attempting to finish sitters from a couple of yards out in recent matches.

No sure what is elite about that!!

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You think Auba's disciplinary problem being made public is the reason he's been poor lately? :lol:
It may have been a factor. He did score 6 goals in 7 games or something before that, didn't he?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom