• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

The players have had enough, he's tried to act the big man with the Auba situation and it's now backfiring. Doesn't help he'll give constant chances to guys like Willian and Laca no matter how badly they do and others like Martinelli and Pepe aren't given the same chances. Like I said we're really approaching the end now, it's a matter of time.

I wonder if the next manager will be smart enough not to bet on Laca, Auba, Luiz, Willian, and Xhaka. Or maybe the next manager wants quick in and out. Sacked in the year. Heard the managers in PL get nice severance packages!

The only reason we won't sack Arteta IMO is that we can't afford it.

Or maybe we can but it would then be taken from our transfer funds. 20-30 M for sacking Arteta and getting new coaching staff in. That is a blood take for us regarding transfers.

Can't wait for the new manager to come in to tell us now it's time to start working harder, the culture needs change and he has the ambition to bring us back where we belong. Winning titles!

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He seems to be picking fights and his latest is with Auba. Bringing on Martinelli ahead of him and giving him 13 minutes was a statement. The fact that Pepe was also a part of it may see a new clock forming.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

He seems to be picking fights and his latest is with Auba. Bringing on Martinelli ahead of him and giving him 13 minutes was a statement. The fact that Pepe was also a part of it may see a new clock forming.
I mean if there's now an ongoing issue with Auba then Arteta has played himself.

For his career he should try and resolve that asap.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
If the Sun printed that the Sky is blue I'd look out the window to make sure it hasn't turned red.
Neil Ashton was the chief sports writer for the Sun yet still one of the most well connected journalists in England.

Iceman10

Established Member

Or maybe we can but it would then be taken from our transfer funds. 20-30 M for sacking Arteta and getting new coaching staff in. That is a blood take for us regarding transfers.

Based on what it cost for Emery and coaching staff, adjusting for Arteta wages and contract years left, think I calculated it would be around 11m to sack Arteta and coaching staff this summer. I don’t think it is a high enough number to be a factor.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Can't wait for the new manager to come in to tell us now it's time to start working harder, the culture needs change and he has the ambition to bring us back where we belong. Winning titles!

Hate that part in bold.

“Bring us back to where we belong” and “make this club shine again” still gives me nightmares from when we signed David Luiz and Willian tbh.

They both kept on reiterating it.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
You make it sound like Arsenal were bloody Sheffield United.

Let's not forget that Arsène inherited Bergkamp, Keown, Adams, Bould, Ian Wright, Seaman, Parlour and such. Key components to his title winning sides. Specifically for his first premier league title. And it isnt as if he didn't sign Henry and such, he made a lot of signings to build teams after the initial period.

He built the invincibles side, extraordinary feat and in my opinion the greatest premier league team in history. For that he deserves special credit.

But overall you just cannot compare it to a man who won so much, including champions leagues. That will always be my opinion.

Arsenal were a team that finished mid table before Wenger joined and a lot of those guys were letting off the field living affect their game on the pitch.

Wenger inherited them, but he also revitalised them. They needed each other. He signed Henry for less than Ferguson got RVN for.

You can't compare the two without looking at what they both had to work with. I'm not saying that Wenger is better than Ferguson. I'm just saying Wenger had far less resources at his disposal and you know that's the case.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Yeah Leeds and Villa ahead of us in the table, Villa with a game in hand. We’ve spent most of the season there too.

If you’ve been defending this, or trying to blame Wenger, or recruitment then you deserve this sh*t we are seeing I’m afraid.

Disgraceful stuff I read on here at times. I think as a fanbase we deserve another season of Arteta to really hammer the point home to some.

mirrorstare

Happy at least some journos are waking up, not going to comment on the players since they already let me down by not downing tools in November.

I fully believe now they appreciate this environment of overpaid mediocrity as any mediocre person would, so they would have no real reason to fight Arteta.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Can you keep blaming the players though? I mean his man management has been questionable.

Dropped Laca after he scored 3 in 3 at the start of the season, dropped Pepe for Willian at the start of this season when Pepe had a strong finish last season, had Auba playing as a LB until Christmas, gives minutes to his bum favourites etc.

Players are allowed to be disillusioned. These players weren’t “bad” when they were winning him the FA Cup.
Did we control the match when we played in the FA cup matches? They are a bunch of shxt footballers as always.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Nonsense.

Even if true, I'd bet that the players causing a fuss are the same gormless fools who've cost us points throughout the season.

****ers should keep their mouths shut.

Trouble is, Xhaka and Luiz are his Lieutenants. Willian is a teacher's pet and got played to through bad form and both strikers play for him.

I still think this is The Sun trying to get ahead of the curve. We heard earlier in the season how Luiz and Willian were snaking it up, but the team still pulled through.

Memes aside, I don't think he's lost the team yet (or at all), but I could see it happening.

Last edited:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Yeah Leeds and Villa ahead of us in the table, Villa with a game in hand. We’ve spent most of the season there too.

If you’ve been defending this, or trying to blame Wenger, or recruitment then you deserve this sh*t we are seeing I’m afraid.

Disgraceful stuff I read on here at times. I think as a fanbase we deserve another season of Arteta to really hammer the point home to some.
Read
We don’t need to overrate our players to justify Arteta’s tactics has problems. We all know that there are flaws in his tactics. But there players are equally shxt at the same time.

We went from having a team of Van Persie, Fabregas, Hleb, Rosicky, Nasri, Arshavin.....to just left with Sanchez and Cazorla, and then now, with no one good enough. Auba and Laca has been fxxking jokes, anyone who has watched football for more than two seconds knew they were shxt.

Was over the moon when we finally get rid of shxt like walcott, ramsey, giroud, chamberlain....but we get in limited players like Özil, Auba and Laca, who are only good at making the final pass/final finish but doing nothing for the whole match.

People who thought they were good strikers/players are fools, they are levels and levels below Benzema, Suarez, Firmino......

Anyway, I’m glad these type of players will all be gone in the near future. I have been waiting for years.

@Oxeki

Latest posts+

Top Bottom