• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You've been banging on about Auba not being clinical this season and now that's been shown not be be the case you've now come up with the fact that he can't pass. But no one complained of his passing ability last season when he was banging in the goals. Auba is not a problem. He's always scored goals when you create chances for him.

Auba hasn't declined he's still incredibly sharp for a 31 year old. He's one of the fittest players in the league. He's never Injured. He didn't just suddenly decline.

Why's no one asking why our midfield looks poor? And why does our coach play Auba as a fullback against decent opposition?

Sorry mate you bore me

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Since Arteta still has a lot to prove as a coach...what did everyone think of him as a player/captain for Arsenal?

GunnerShy

Even this summer look at how many players are coming back from loan spells that need futures sorting. Honestly I believe there's more work to do this summer than the last.

In the summer Ödegaard, Ceballos, Luiz, and Ryan will all be leaving unless resigned or in Luiz's case his contract is extended.

After that we have a situation where Lacazette, Chambers, Nketiah, Kola, Guendouzi and Elneny all have a year left on their deals. I'd personally not give contracts to any of them. But on top of that you then have Auba, Leno, Bellerin, Xhaka, ESR, Nelson and Willian who have just 2 years left. With Auba and Willian you obviously just let their deals run, they're fine. Bellerin will be sold and I think Nelson should be sold as well. Leno, Xhaka and ESR will be given new deals.

We have Saliba, Guendouzi, Kolasinac, Mavropanos, Torreira, AMN and Willock coming back from their respective loans. I'd like Guendouzi to be given a chance and I think he will be given a chance. Saliba should be integrated into the squad and I don't see why he wouldn't be. Everyone else should be sold.

So once again we have a situation this summer where we'll be looking to get rid of 10 or 11 players, some of which are still on stupidly high wages. I'd be shocked if we sold even half of them.
Guendouzi given a chance to reintegrate after refusing to toe the line and with one season left.on his contract?!? That would be terrible resource management.

Kav

Established Member
Guendouzi given a chance to reintegrate after refusing to toe the line and with one season left.on his contract?!? That would be terrible resource management.

This is going to be the tricky part. We may end up being forced to sell because of the situation. Whatever value he had would have been negatively affected by the well publicized disciplinary issues around the player. All in all a situation that will need to be carefully handled.

Unfortunately I am not sure edu and Co are the most suitable persons to undertake such a task.

scytheavatar

Established Member
This is going to be the tricky part. We may end up being forced to sell because of the situation. Whatever value he had would have been negatively affected by the well publicized disciplinary issues around the player. All in all a situation that will need to be carefully handled.

Unfortunately I am not sure edu and Co are the most suitable persons to undertake such a task.

Whatever value Guendouzi had would have been negatively affected by the fact that he doesn't look out of place in a Bundesliga relegation candidate........... he never had the potential to be worth a lot. It's just a question of whether people in the club realize that or not, if someone offers 15m for him we should just take it. Cause that's what he is worth.

GoonerJay24

Since Arteta still has a lot to prove as a coach...what did everyone think of him as a player/captain for Arsenal?
I don't like him as coach so far. But for me he was the best Arsenal Captain I've seen. Very underrated midfielder for us; never world class but dominated lots of matches from deep and was clearly a tactical leader.

Riou

I don't like him as coach so far. But for me he was the best Arsenal Captain I've seen. Very underrated midfielder for us; never world class but dominated lots of matches from deep and was clearly a tactical leader.

I was a little disappointed with the signing at the start, but as you say he grew into a fine player/captain for Arsenal, good gritty character too.

We lost Nasri (one of the best young players in the league) to City and we lost Cesc (one of the best young players in the world) to Barca, to then sign an almost 30 year old Arteta (who had a pretty bad knee injury at Everton, not long before we got him) felt like we were really trading down...he started quite poorly too, as he didn't have the speed to playing higher up the pitch anymore, I was very worried.

But when he was moved deeper, he was quality, really smart player.

Bosniak Gooner

Guendozi is average in Hertha, in a league that is dominated by players in their early twenties.

What to say about Mustafi and Kolašinac then? They are having embarrassing campaigns in Deutschland.

Riou

Bang average as a player.

Said it before...I always think of Edu (of all people) sending Arteta flying in the air, in our 7-0 win over Everton from 2005, when someone asks me to think about Mikel as a player...always makes me laugh :lol:

He wasn't great, but was better than average...hard to play in a defensive role for an Arsenal side after the stadium move really, played his role pretty well imo.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom