• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Kav

Established Member
Then you don't understand football. For two or three seasons he was key midfielder.
He was a poor midfielder for us. To be honest. He as a light version of the DM that we needed. It wasn’t a coincidence that our team played better when Coquelin played alongside Cazorla than when Arteta played. This was not entirely his fault as he was playing much deeper and did not have the athleticism to adequately play the role. Very similar to Xhaka in many respects except that he was a much better player than Xhaka.

He was not even as good as the player he replaced (song). That being said he did his job and lead the team. The real captain was Mertersacker anyway so I am not sure why people are making it seem he was a great club captain when it had been said by many players that it was Per who was leading the team at the time.

GoonerJay24

He was a poor midfielder for us. To be honest. He as a light version of the DM that we needed. It wasn’t a coincidence that our team played better when Coquelin played alongside Cazorla than when Arteta played. This was not entirely his fault as he was playing much deeper and did not have the athleticism to adequately play the role. Very similar to Xhaka in many respects except that he was a much better player than Xhaka.

He was not even as good as the player he replaced (song). That being said he did his job and lead the team. The real captain was Mertersacker anyway so I am not sure why people are making it seem he was a great club captain when it had been said by many players that it was Per who was leading the team at the time.
Arteta-ramsey in 2013/14 was better than Santi-coquelin in my opinion. I agree about his lack of athleticism of course, but that's why the team were more complete when he played alongside Ramsey or Song in his first season. Arteta didn't even replace Song so that's more ignorance.

Reports from the players and Wenger back then suggest both Per and Mikel positively impacted the overall togetherness and character of the squad. But Arteta was officially appointed as Captain and it was noticeable why.

Shame he's a poor manager though.

scytheavatar

Established Member

If Arteta is poor then every of our current midfielder can only dream of being on the level of being "poor"...... Xhaka needs to become 3 times better to be as "poor" as Arteta in 2010/11.....

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Arteta was a stabilizing presence during a very bad time at the club.

Wenger turned him into a good dm and he kept things ticking For the team. Not the most eye catching job, but one he did well.

His legs went earlier than they should and we sort of kept him around a bit longer than needed, but that was Arsenal and Arsène with players who were an influence at the dressing room for you.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Think he was a solid player up until 2013/14. We started the season well but once we lost Ramsey who was bang in form and our only mobile midfielder it fell apart.

He couldn’t handle teams pressing and running at us at all. I remember the 5-1 at Anfield where him and Wilshere were getting bypassed for fun.

For me if he he had a dynamic partner next to him like Song or Ramsey he’d make them better but if he was your best midfielder you were in big trouble.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Think he was a solid player up until 2013/14. We started the season well but once we lost Ramsey who was bang in form and our only mobile midfielder it fell apart.

He couldn’t handle teams pressing and running at us at all. I remember the 5-1 at Anfield where him and Wilshere were getting bypassed for fun.

For me if he he had a dynamic partner next to him like Song or Ramsey he’d make them better but if he was your best midfielder you were in big trouble.

So basically he was Xhaka?

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Wenger turned him into a good dm and he kept things ticking For the team. Not the most eye catching job, but one he did well.

His legs went earlier than they should and we sort of kept him around a bit longer than needed, but that was Arsenal and Arsène with players who were an influence at the dressing room for you.

Exactly.

Like Gary Neville says here “you can’t buy that mentality they put into dressing rooms”

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

His legs were completely gone. The likes of Mkhi and Auba were literally giving him a heart attack with their pace.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
His legs were completely gone. The likes of Mkhi and Auba were literally giving him a heart attack with their pace.

The more you watch this the weirder it gets, what was he thinking?? He just lets the ball roll past him for no reason, and he can see Auba his right there! So weird. Even Xhaka's never done something that obviously stupid.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I remember when if you played him twice in a week he would get injured without fail. It was uncanny how absolutely and suddenly his legs went.:lol:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

IIRC he was basically a non entity for his last 2 seasons here, like he'd play here and there but for the most part just didn't play. 15-16 in particular he actually fell below Flamini in the pecking order and Flamini was just as much finished as he was. I'll never forget that infamous WBA game in 2015, what an absolute disaster that was. Came on for Coquelin after 15 minutes, scored the winning OG for WBA and was subbed off before the 50th minute.

That being said he was superb in 11/12 and 12/13 seasons, our best midfielder during that time. First half of 13/14 he was pretty good but it all went pear shaped after that. Liverpool 5-1 and Everton 3-0 were really poor displays and he was never the same.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Puma made some of the absolute worst kits of all time, watching that vid...that blue kit was beyond awful, but wasn't even the worst blue Puma kit ffs :lol:

Didn’t mind this Puma kit even though it was literally painted onto the players.

BogusEllipticalIndianrhinoceros-size_restricted.gif

Bleep test merchant at this point.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Didn’t mind this Puma kit even though it was literally painted onto the players.

BogusEllipticalIndianrhinoceros-size_restricted.gif

Bleep test merchant at this point.

2015 and Arsenal were bringing on Arteta for Flamini in their DM position, mad.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Mad how we’ve declined since then, probably two signings away from winning the league;

Cech > Leno

Bellerin 2015 > Bellerin 2021
Mertesacker > Luiz
Koscielny > Gabriel
Monreal > Tierney

Ramsey, Özil, Alexis and Giroud walk into the current team too.

Top Bottom