• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Wounded Healer

Full of **** and wastes. if you gonna stink the game at least let your assets grow. like nelson or azeez or balogun. instead we get this trojan ceballos and all kinds of wierd stuff. why the f we play him and xhaka lb. what the **** is the point of this selection. no brain, no gain.
this is getting really tiring.
he should have been sacked already.

Malky

Established Member
We had 18 shots on goal and created numerous chances to the oppositions 3 shots on goal. How the **** was that the worst you have seen? have you been watching arsenal for the past 6 years??
Where did i say I'm specifically talking about this game, I mean the season as a whole. Have you been watching us for the past 6 years? Can you name a worse season than this?

Malky

Established Member
No matter what results is the summer we should make squad more better more competitive for him we can't keep depend on Elneny Bllerin Ceballos Holding that get us nowhere you remove Saka ESR Partey and it's s**t all around
Not arguing against a mass clear out that's needed, players like the ones you said have no buisness being in this club.
However there's no denying that the players we started the game with, and the subs we had available are more than capable of beating a **** Fulham side.
Is our squad that bad or is it a coaching issue, or both?
Say we fail to win the Europa, finish 10th and refuse to sack Arteta, the club then back him in the summer (new RB, CM, AM, Saliba returns etc ) and we get a poor start to next season, things will turn very ugly, very quickly.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Full of **** and wastes. if you gonna stink the game at least let your assets grow. like nelson or azeez or balogun. instead we get this trojan ceballos and all kinds of wierd stuff. why the f we play him and xhaka lb. what the **** is the point of this selection. no brain, no gain.
this is getting really tiring.
he should have been sacked already.

That's right lad let's play Balogun LB and Azeez who has no PL mins in CM.

UnbiasedNeutral

If I don't survive, tell my wife "hello"
The negativity is astounding as a neutral. I think Mikel is doing an okay job so far. There have of course been massive bumps in the road and before Christmas I think any Arsenal fan would be right to have big concerns (despite the fact multiple games were chalked because you couldn't keep 11 men on the pitch), but post Chelsea there have been huge positives to take despite the inconsistencies.

Arsenal today created a bucketload of chances and conceded virtually nothing, yet I see some here lambasting the performance as if they've just been tonked 10-0 by the Dog & Duck. You have an incredibly talented group of youngsters who are getting regular gametime and showing quality and fight that some of your senior players haven't shown in years.

Time to back your manager as looking from the outside, there certainly seems to be improvements from the shambles Emery left behind, even if the results don't seem that way so far.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The negativity is astounding as a neutral. I think Mikel is doing an okay job so far. There have of course been massive bumps in the road and before Christmas I think any Arsenal fan would be right to have big concerns (despite the fact multiple games were chalked because you couldn't keep 11 men on the pitch), but post Chelsea there have been huge positives to take despite the inconsistencies.

Arsenal today created a bucketload of chances and conceded virtually nothing, yet I see some here lambasting the performance as if they've just been tonked 10-0 by the Dog & Duck. You have an incredibly talented group of youngsters who are getting regular gametime and showing quality and fight that some of your senior players haven't shown in years.

Time to back your manager as looking from the outside, there certainly seems to be improvements from the shambles Emery left behind, even if the results don't seem that way so far.

Hello, it's me.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Not arguing against a mass clear out that's needed, players like the ones you said have no buisness being in this club.
However there's no denying that the players we started the game with, and the subs we had available are more than capable of beating a **** Fulham side.
Say we fail to win the Europa, finish 10th and refuse to sack Arteta, the club then back him in the summer (new RB, CM, AM, Saliba returns etc ) and we get a poor start to next season, things will turn very ugly, very quickly.
I know but seem these players just can't get into momentum and they not clinical the squad is good for top 6 finish but the players just not ruthless they'll be massive risk of drop off our players seem can't scoring goals in league despite having 18 shots at least a game

UnbiasedNeutral

I know but seem these players just can't get into momentum and they not clinical the squad is good for top 6 finish but the players just not ruthless they'll be massive risk of drop off our players seem can't scoring goals in league despite having 18 shots at least a game

Your squad is good enough to get top 6 if everything goes your way, of course, but with respect, there a lot of teams with a similar quality squad to Arsenal's in the league. I don't think Arsenal have had much luck this season and have dropped an awful lot of silly points because of that, combine that with the general quality of the teams in the league this season, it's not massively surprising you are where you are. Liverpool are sixth for Christ's sake!

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

Emery in his first full season after Wenger (much harder replacing Wenger than Emery), with minimal English, not getting his own signings, and loads of injuries finished 5th a point or two of top 4 and reached the final of the EL. He went unbeaten 22 games and had some very memorable games v Fulham and Leciester. He beat Napoli 3 0 over 2 legs against a strong team. He tanked Valencia who I think had beaten United in the CL group stages. May be wrong on that but think it happened.

He wasn't back. He wanted Thomas and Zaha and got Ceballos and Pepe. Had he got his 2 first choices who knows. At the end the players gave up and Emery did have his faults.

But what we are seeing is the worst football in my lifetime. Worse than Emery. Results are shocking and we are only talking about Arteta staying because he may win the EL. Had we went out to Prague He would have 99% of fans against him. The only ones who are still supporting him would rather arsenal get releagted than say they were wrong.

Arsenal is not an Arteta project. Its an Arsenal one. The club can continue without Arteta. He's a nobody.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

None of it matters. We'll be in the SL in a couple of years.

UnbiasedNeutral

Emery in his first full season after Wenger (much harder replacing Wenger than Emery), with minimal English, not getting his own signings, and loads of injuries finished 5th a point or two of top 4 and reached the final of the EL. He went unbeaten 22 games and had some very memorable games v Fulham and Leciester. He beat Napoli 3 0 over 2 legs against a strong team. He tanked Valencia who I think had beaten United in the CL group stages. May be wrong on that but think it happened.

He wasn't back. He wanted Thomas and Zaha and got Ceballos and Pepe. Had he got his 2 first choices who knows. At the end the players gave up and Emery did have his faults.

But what we are seeing is the worst football in my lifetime. Worse than Emery. Results are shocking and we are only talking about Arteta staying because he may win the EL. Had we went out to Prague He would have 99% of fans against him. The only ones who are still supporting him would rather arsenal get releagted than say they were wrong.

Arsenal is not an Arteta project. Its an Arsenal one. The club can continue without Arteta. He's a nobody.

I think you play pretty decent football to be honest, and miss multiple sitters every game. Even the early season losses to Liverpool and City you missed golden opportunities. If you think today's game and most games since Christmas are worse than some of the ****e Emery served up before he was sacked, then we just see football very, very differently.

Perhaps there's a reason the players are behind Arteta, when Arsenal are good under Arteta, they are very good.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

"Very memorable games against Fulham and Leicester"

Oh and you forgot that one where we got battered in every meaningful game including the europa league final.

**** sake man.

REWB

This dude actually thinks the reason people want arteta to stay is because we "like" him :lol: , no my friend... its because we have a better understanding of football and dont see any real tactical reason to get him out. I know the football you want us to play... you want us to calve teams open at will, create 50 chances and score 6 goals a game I get it.

It was an awful start to the season. But ever since the Chelsea game fans that are Arteta in know that there are more important things to worry about and dont see a tactical reason to get him out. When we get start getting completely outplayed by the likes of Fulham like Chelsea did under Lampard at Craven Cottage...THEN we can talk, until then my eyes dont lie to me. We have great control of games, all I am seeing here are young players that are not clinical and a bit inconsistent. Which can be fixed with time and more recruitment.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
"Very memorable games against Fulham and Leicester"

Oh and you forgot that one where we got battered in every meaningful game including the europa league final.

**** sake man.
Memorable because it was maybe one of the last entertaining games we played.

Arteta will have us in league 1 before you turn against him. You cant even call it like it is. Embarrassing

UnbiasedNeutral

Arteta will have us in league 1 before you turn against him. You cant even call it like it is. Embarrassing

Were you not entertained by the games against Slavia or Sheffield United? What about the recent Sp**s game? Didn't you beat Leicester 3 1 this season? Or do none of these games count because it doesn't fit your narrative?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Were you not entertained by the games against Slavia or Sheffield United? What about the recent Sp**s game? Didn't you beat Leicester 3 1 this season? Or do none of these games count because it doesn't fit your narrative?
My narrative? So as an Arsenal fan I see my team sitting 9th/10th/11th in the league and struggling in big games against Benfica and Slavia Prague. Struggling against Fulham. Taking 1 point from Villa, Wolves and Burnley. Blaming Var. Blaming refs. Blaming the direction of the wind. And yet I am wrong to have the opinion that our "rookie" manager who is in his first managerial job with 0 experience after 16 months is out of his depth and isn't good enough to take this team forward.

I wanted Arteta at the start over Anchelotti. Something new. I wanted to see what he was made off. 16 months on I don't want him. I don't have an agenda. I had one opinion and then based of evidence and what I see I have changed my opinion.

Was I entertained beating Sp**s 2 1? No we almost drew the match. Leciester was decent. Was I entertained beating Sheffield United 3 0. No I wasn't. **** me if you can't beat them you may as well give up. As Roy Keane once said you don't pat your postman on the back and say we'll done for delivering your mail. Fs.

Everyone's prediction for Arsenal this season before a ball was kicked was somewhere between 4th-7th. We are way below that. If that doesn't suggest failure then I don't know what does.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
This dude actually thinks the reason people want arteta to stay is because we "like" him :lol: , no my friend... its because we have a better understanding of football and dont see any real tactical reason to get him out. I know the football you want us to play... you want us to calve teams open at will, create 50 chances and score 6 goals a game I get it.

It was an awful start to the season. But ever since the Chelsea game fans that are Arteta in know that there are more important things to worry about and dont see a tactical reason to get him out. When we get start getting completely outplayed by the likes of Fulham like Chelsea did under Lampard at Craven Cottage...THEN we can talk, until then my eyes dont lie to me. We have great control of games, all I am seeing here are young players that are not clinical and a bit inconsistent. Which can be fixed with time and more recruitment.
Is football not a results business? Winning ugly is better than losing nicely? How long does Arteta get before substance becomes important. We finish 10th this year thats OK. We finish 9th next year thats fine too. Maybe 8th the year after. In fact we keep him just cause he's cheap? Wise up.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Once again over the past couple of weeks I've specifically said no EL win and below 8th should see him sacked. So no, he won't see us in league 1.

However it's very easy to pinpoint times in the past without remembering what it felt like overall. And it was dreadful under Emery, no questions asked. If we are being real here, Arteta won a trophy not even in his first season, his first half season. He then had to contest with a completely disjointed squad in the middle of a pandemic. Oh and he's in the semi finals of a European competition.

If he wins the europa league it's the best two back to back seasons this club has had since winning the league. Yes, this God awful manager you want gone, a European trophy and an FA cup in 1 and a half seasons. Champions league football (which might not even matter now due to the super league) for the first time in 5 years.

And even if he were to get to the final and lose, its still a European final and a trophy in one and a half seasons having spent £70M on the squad.

Like come on, get off the blokes back. He deserves some credit here.

Top Bottom