• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Once again over the past couple of weeks I've specifically said no EL win and below 8th should see him sacked. So no, he won't see us in league 1.

However it's very easy to pinpoint times in the past without remembering what it felt like overall. And it was dreadful under Emery, no questions asked. If we are being real here, Arteta won a trophy not even in his first season, his first half season. He then had to contest with a completely disjointed squad in the middle of a pandemic. Oh and he's in the semi finals of a European competition.

If he wins the europa league it's the best two back to back seasons this club has had since winning the league. Yes, this God awful manager you want gone, a European trophy and an FA cup in 1 and a half seasons. Champions league football (which might not even matter now due to the super league) for the first time in 5 years.

And even if he were to get to the final and lose, its still a European final and a trophy in one and a half seasons having spent £70M on the squad.

Like come on, get off the blokes back. He deserves some credit here.
He has us 10th/11th in the league. He hasn't had us in the conversation of top 4 or even top 6 all season.

I agree with you at the end Emerys football was brutal. But that was when the players had given up on him. The fans had given up on him too and I actually think the board had given up on him. I wasn't against Emery sacking. All for it at the end.

But I'm not going to sit here and then say Arteta who clearly has the support of the board, players and still some sections of the fans shouldn't be looking at the sack sitting 10th in the league and our season fully depending on a knockout cup compeition that we are still lucky to be in.

What I see is a manager who still doesn't know his best CB partnership. He still doesn't know his best front 3. Midfield on its best day is probably Xhaka and Partey. Pretty straightforward that.

I see a manager who is very slow with subs. I see a manager who let's players completely drift out of games for 15-20 minutes before thinking of making subs.

Listen we had these debates that go around in circles 6 months ago. I said Arteta hasn't improved us and doesn't look like he can get consistent results. That point has been proven.

People say he didn't spend 200m. Neither did Villa/Leciester/West Ham. They are above us.

People say.....no manager can improve a squad etc etc. Tuchel has the same players Lampard had and within weeks changed formation, changed personel and got results.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
The negativity is astounding as a neutral. I think Mikel is doing an okay job so far. There have of course been massive bumps in the road and before Christmas I think any Arsenal fan would be right to have big concerns (despite the fact multiple games were chalked because you couldn't keep 11 men on the pitch), but post Chelsea there have been huge positives to take despite the inconsistencies.

Arsenal today created a bucketload of chances and conceded virtually nothing, yet I see some here lambasting the performance as if they've just been tonked 10-0 by the Dog & Duck. You have an incredibly talented group of youngsters who are getting regular gametime and showing quality and fight that some of your senior players haven't shown in years.

Time to back your manager as looking from the outside, there certainly seems to be improvements from the shambles Emery left behind, even if the results don't seem that way so far.
LOL yes as a “neutral” I’m sure you think it’s great that Arteta has turned Arsenal into a mid-table team despite a £100M investment into new players in the summer!

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Even if Arteta wins us the Europa League, I want him gone. There’s no evidence that he can take us beyond 8th place. I want a manager that can eventually help us challenge for the PL title.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Yes that's right but i mean for next season i don't hope people run out of patience quick unless things are similar like this season
What has Arteta done to warrant any patience? Nothing. He’s made us a mid-table team and has alienated some of our talented youngsters.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
What has Arteta done to warrant any patience? Nothing. He’s made us a mid-table team and has alienated some of our talented youngsters.
If you want new manager it'll same circle my friend nothing changing at this club until you start buying players that improve you . Also we need to stop crying about youngsters we not playing in Dutch league to play 11 youngsters. Today he started 3 youngsters how many teams in PL play 3 youngsters from start of the game?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The negativity is astounding as a neutral. I think Mikel is doing an okay job so far. There have of course been massive bumps in the road and before Christmas I think any Arsenal fan would be right to have big concerns (despite the fact multiple games were chalked because you couldn't keep 11 men on the pitch), but post Chelsea there have been huge positives to take despite the inconsistencies.

Arsenal today created a bucketload of chances and conceded virtually nothing, yet I see some here lambasting the performance as if they've just been tonked 10-0 by the Dog & Duck. You have an incredibly talented group of youngsters who are getting regular gametime and showing quality and fight that some of your senior players haven't shown in years.

Time to back your manager as looking from the outside, there certainly seems to be improvements from the shambles Emery left behind, even if the results don't seem that way so far.
Unbiased Neutral lol. Trying to get us to look on the bright side of a manager who got us 8th and now 9th. Is that you Mou?

UnbiasedNeutral

If I don't survive, tell my wife "hello"

Saka
Martinelli
Smith Rowe
Willock
Nketiah
Maitland Niles

All played decent amount of football this season. So who has he alienated? Nelson? Saliba? Nelson doesn't look good enough and Saliba has gone back to his home country to be around his family after his mother died whilst also getting the chance to play some regular football instead of being in & out of a struggling team whilst cooped up in an apartment in London isolated from his family.

In all honesty, the fact that Nketiah, AMN and Willock got so many opportunities would suggest he's been incredibly patient with some of the youth players who are clearly not at the level required. The only one you can grumble about is perhaps Martinelli, who has not featured as much as he could have since coming back from injury, but even that is harsh imo.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
If you want new manager it'll same circle my friend nothing changing at this club until you start buying players that improve you . Also we need to stop crying about youngsters we not playing in Dutch league to play 11 youngsters. Today he started 3 youngsters how many teams in PL play 3 youngsters from start of the game?

Blaming player investment is such a scapegoat for a manager that has us in 9th and realistically looking like we’re going to be falling to 11th. We’ve spent £100M+ in the summer and brought in one of the most exciting European prospects into the squad in Jan. Arteta is also managing a team with £300M+ investment over the past 3 years. A better manager would have us at a much better PL position and a world class manager would have us challenging for top 4. This is why teams pay up for the best managers. Every time I hear people blame the squad for the results, the only thought I have in my mind is that it’s up to the manager to get the best out of the players, Arteta clearly isn’t doing that.

UnbiasedNeutral

LOL yes as a “neutral” I’m sure you think it’s great that Arteta has turned Arsenal into a mid-table team despite a £100M investment into new players in the summer!
Klopp has Liverpool in sixth after signing Jota and Thiago.

Klopp out?

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Unbiased Neutral lol. Trying to get us to look on the bright side of a manager who got us 8th and now 9th. Is that you Mou?
There was a sleeper account that made like 2 posts from 2004 who randomly come out of nowhere brown nosing Arteta as well :lol:
I reckon this @UnbiasedNeutral is probably one of the haggard and battered stalwarts of this forum pretending to be someone else as they like to do - the shills Arteta has is amazing.

Oh before anybody spazzes on me or publicly declares for the umpteetnth time they are putting me on ignore - I haven't criticised Arteta or said anything about the match today so piss off and leave my name out of your tantrums, thanks.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Klopp has Liverpool in sixth after signing Jota and Thiago.

Klopp out?
Klopp clearly has a team tired from an insane 2 year run, won the PL last year and is still in contention for top 4. Klopp has earned the patience because he’s proven that he can compete with the best. Arteta has done nothing to warrant any patience and the team is MID TABLE and Arteta has not proven that he can take us beyond 8th place. For an unbiased neutral, you seem weirdly invested in defending this mediocre manager.

UnbiasedNeutral

There was a sleeper account that made like 2 posts from 2004 who randomly come out of nowhere brown nosing Arteta as well :lol:
I reckon this @UnbiasedNeutral is probably one of the haggard and battered stalwarts of this forum pretending to be someone else as they like to do - the shills Arteta has is amazing.

Oh before anybody spazzes on me or publicly declares for the umpteetnth time they are putting me on ignore - I haven't criticised Arteta or said anything about the match today so piss off and leave my name out of your tantrums, thanks.

Nope, it's just Arsenal took my interest when Arteta took over and I've watched pretty much every game since he took charge.

The progression is pretty clear to me looking from the outside, I think you're a much better side this year especially post Christmas than you were last season. I think you dominate games more, you concede fewer chances, you look a lot more creative and work very good situations on the wings. Last season was very dull to watch at times, seemed a very safety first approach with the back five and it was no wonder the nickname 'Tapas Pulis' was coined.

It seems to me a lot of the criticism Arteta gets regarding style of play is based more on what we saw in 2020 and not based on what we've seen more recently in the last 4 months or so.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Klopp clearly has a team tired from an insane 2 year run, won the PL last year and is still in contention for top 4. Klopp has earned the patience because he’s proven that he can compete with the best. Arteta has done nothing to warrant any patience and the team is MID TABLE and Arteta has not proven that he can take us beyond 8th place. For an unbiased neutral, you seem weirdly invested in defending this mediocre manager.
So what you want change manager and hope Elneny xhaka suddenly became Xabi Alonso and Modric or Holding became John Terry? This is squad we got few injures and we f**ked Arteta has alot of flaws but this is what he got we are a cup team and midtable PL team this the reality last 2 season not acceptable at all but it's what it's we made so many mistakes off the field.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
Nope, it's just Arsenal took my interest when Arteta took over and I've watched pretty much every game since he took charge.

The progression is pretty clear to me looking from the outside, I think you're a much better side this year especially post Christmas than you were last season. I think you dominate games more, you concede fewer chances, you look a lot more creative and work very good situations on the wings. Last season was very dull to watch at times, seemed a very safety first approach with the back five and it was no wonder the nickname 'Tapas Pulis' was coined.

It seems to me a lot of the criticism Arteta gets regarding style of play is based more on what we saw in 2020 and not based on what we've seen more recently in the last 4 months or so.

Now I know this is definitely a troll account. No one with two eyes would suddenly be an Arsenal fan based on Mikels performance this season. At least use something more believable like the FA cup run last season. 😂😂

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
So what you want change manager and hope Elneny xhaka suddenly became Xabi Alonso and Modric or Holding became John Terry? This is squad we got few injures and we f**ked Arteta has alot of flaws but this is what he got we are a cup team and midtable PL team this the reality last 2 season not acceptable at all but it's what it's we made so many mistakes off the field.
For some reason, you’ve convinced yourself that we’re a mid-table club because you think we have a mid-table squad. The only reason why the squad looks mid-table is because of the manager they are playing under. The mental gymnastics to defend Arteta still blows my mind. Emery took a lesser squad to 5th place and an EL final.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Do we honestly Believe the newbie stand a chance against the basque OG Don steering the yellow submarines?

Coquelin masterclass

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Who's we? I thought you were unbiased neutral?

2020 was hard to forget if you never wanted Arteta in the first place, or if your favourite players bore the brunt of the criticism for that horrible run.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom